I would prefer a landscape orientation- but I love the speed!

Thanks for updating an already great app.
    04-17-10 03:45 AM
    ss= fail..................
    04-17-10 05:22 AM
    Epic fail... There are so many problems I actually had to think about how to type this. I'm just going to make a list:

No icons - I have absolutely no icons when I get txt, email, facbook notifications etc.

When I'm on a call and the call ends the slider dissapears and a black bar shows up where the slider should be. I can still slide it but it's a guessing game every time.

Doesn't work with the native lock button. Had to assign it to a side key.

Time is 3 minutes fast.

When you set a password on lock you don't have to click the screen to enter the numbers just touch. Not sure if it was built this way or not but it's annoying nonetheless.

Was fast when I first installed but it's progressively getting slower. Click sound is delayed about a second after the unlock.

If I have it set to lock on dim, no matter what the settings are, if the phone starts to dim and you tap the screen (don't have to click) it launches the lock. Very annoying.

That's about all I got for now. The only plus I can say with this beta is I'm able to use a custom wallpaper over the free version. Otherwise not worth it.

Oh! I forgot the most puzzling thing. Every once in a while when I lock the battery shows up like I'm charging the phone, when I am no where near a charger lol. Have to do a battery pull to get the wallpaper to come back.

I also have the never ending cycle when you plug the charger in and it asks you if you want to disable sleep mode. I had to set the launch on charger to "no"
    Last edited by LVracerGT; 04-17-10 at 09:52 AM.
    04-17-10 09:48 AM
    DMG, I just purchased this for my Tour yesterday. The application is very cool and I have not experienced any issues with conflictions or battery loss. The one problem I have is when my device dims and and BerrySlider activates, if you hit the end call button it will push the application in the backround. That's the only issue I have, I heard you found the fix for this on the Storm version. Let me know~ SD
    04-17-10 10:57 AM
    I'll post because I really like the beta version and I can't wait for the final to roll out. I'm having the same issue with the time. It runs about 3 minutes fast on my phone (you can see the other apps I'm running and my OS in my signature).

The notifications icons all worked when I first installed but they have not been working lately. Does SS mimic the BB icon bar? Or does it use its own icons based on notifications that come in while SS is on? In other words, if I have 3 unread FB messages and then I start SS, will the FB icon show up in SS? If it supposed to, it isn't, at least on my phone.

I LOVE the locked in portrait mode. It is so much faster than previous versions. I understand that other users don't like this option. It's DMGs call I guess but this version is by far the fastest locking/unlocking version so far and it is great!

Those are the only problems I have had in nearly a week of running the beta. Keep it up DMG. This version is great.
    04-17-10 12:09 PM
    Did you update the beta by any chance because i wiped my phone and redownloaded it and it suddenly had smoother animations and the clock hasnt been off like it use to
    04-17-10 02:15 PM
    Just a quick update, but once again, my home screen icon has stopped working.

I am just gonna try a side shortcut key, but DMG you really might want to look into that.

EDIT:

I tried assigning SS to the left convenience key w/o the reboot, and SS isn't launching.

I am gonna reboot and try to keep an eye on how long it takes for SS to stop responding.
    Last edited by joec32033; 04-17-10 at 03:24 PM.
    04-17-10 03:20 PM
    No icons - I have absolutely no icons when I get txt, email, facbook notifications etc.

When I'm on a call and the call ends the slider dissapears and a black bar shows up where the slider should be. I can still slide it but it's a guessing game every time.

Doesn't work with the native lock button. Had to assign it to a side key.

Time is 3 minutes fast.

When you set a password on lock you don't have to click the screen to enter the numbers just touch. Not sure if it was built this way or not but it's annoying nonetheless.

Was fast when I first installed but it's progressively getting slower. Click sound is delayed about a second after the unlock.

If I have it set to lock on dim, no matter what the settings are, if the phone starts to dim and you tap the screen (don't have to click) it launches the lock. Very annoying.
    I am having the same issues. I noticed the highlighted section the other day and it only seemed to do it when I missed a call and the notification box was up.

Oh! I forgot the most puzzling thing. Every once in a while when I lock the battery shows up like I'm charging the phone, when I am no where near a charger lol. Have to do a battery pull to get the wallpaper to come back.
    Did you click the battery icon in the top left corner of your screen? That changes between your set wallpaper and the battery wallpaper.
    04-17-10 03:23 PM
    There is a glitch when the device dims and BerrySlider takes over, I hit my left side convienience key(which I have Capture It set to) and it took a snapshot, so the buttons are not locked out as they are supposed to be...

04-18-10 12:48 PM
    I had been running fine previously. I just wiped and reinstalled my phone, and now I am having this same issue.
    Why is this running fine on some people's phones and not at all (like mine) on others? My prior version of SS was running fine until I installed this new version. Any word on status of a solid update?
    04-18-10 12:50 PM
    I don't know if this tells you anything or not. In the event log when SS starts I get the following:
    Name: NullPointerException
    GUID: 9c3cd62e3320b498
    Time: Apr 18, 2010 22:19:59
    No detail message
    StormSlider(4BC218C5)
    StormSliderApp
    updateFields
    0x51E0
    StormSlider(4BC218C5)
    StormSliderApp
    <init>
    0x57CF
    StormSlider(4BC218C5)
    StormSlider
    <init>
    0x4017
    StormSlider(4BC218C5)
    StormSlider$StartupCheck
    run
    0x4135

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-18-10 09:30 PM
    I'm on a Storm 1, running .607 Hybrid (by lyricidal).
    What I've noticed after a few days of the beta-

Bettery life is great, but memory is being used faster than previous versions.
    I'm not getting any notifications, and once in a while the app activates unexpectedly.
    On my wish list: landscape function. But I'm very happy so far!
    04-20-10 01:57 AM
    I've been running the Beta for over a week now. The only glitches I have noticed so far are that I do not receive any notifications for e-mail, text, etc. and also that SS will launch when my phone is about to dim & I touch the screen to stop it from dimming. I have the settings to launch on dim after 3 minutes & all permissions are set to allow.

Battery life is better for me over whatever the updated paid version that was released a while back.
    04-20-10 09:57 AM
    ss= fail..................
    Someone just came up with a better name for this. Ss=bugslider

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-10 07:37 PM
    Same thing with his construction site app, said an update was coming in Dec. and still nothing, I bump the thread here and in the games forum about once a month and not a peep.

04-20-10 07:49 PM
    Works really fast & well. Shows battery, weather, & time. Although, when locked it still displays the blackberry icon & not my background wallpaper. And yes, where is the options for the app?

04-21-10 01:09 AM
    the photo wallpaper is sized wrong, it is all scrunched up.
    04-21-10 09:23 AM
    SS stops working after about a day. Will not run from icon, lock button or dim. Only a reset of the phone gets it working again. Mail, SMS notificarions work random at best.
    04-21-10 10:51 AM
    I'm surprised that DMG has not responded to this thread. Just a heads up would be nice, this is starting to remind me of SocialScope...
    04-21-10 11:43 AM
    SS stops working after about a day. Will not run from icon, lock button or dim. Only a reset of the phone gets it working again. Mail, SMS notificarions work random at best.
    Glad to see I am not the only one this happened to. I was posting a lot of my issues just to give DMG a heads up, but there hasn't been a response in a while.

The non working thing has killed this for me. I run very few apps and barely ever have to restart my phone. I don't think I am gonna attach myself to daily restarts for a locking app that doesn't seem to be developing. I have just stopped running it and am probably gonna remove it from my phone since the public beta findings are just for naught.

I ran into the double locking dimming problem, the not locking on the lock button problem, the problem you have described above, the lock after phone problem where you can double lock the phone if you hit the lock button right. I haven't received one notification (which believe it or not is no big deal to me since I run berrybuzz). I was fine with it when I thought I was contributing to fix this app because I think it has a solid base function and I liked contributing to make it better.

I think the app just got to big for it's britches. All I need from this app is to work with the lock button and portrait lock. Notifications are nice but not necessary and the weather attachment part to me is extraneous.

Either way, good luck DMG. The base of this app is solid and can be a great app I really hope you can turn it around. I started running Lyr's .607 hybrid and the instant lock is really nice so this app is more of a luxury for me than a necessity, good luck guys.
    Last edited by joec32033; 04-21-10 at 04:18 PM.
    04-21-10 04:15 PM
    I just noticed no post in this thread from DMG since the 11th. Has anyone heard from him on any progress? I love the app and like others would just like to know the status of things.
    04-21-10 05:14 PM
    Any way for you to make an option to have it also go back to landscape view?

It seems alot smoother than the last version I bought and like it alot (no mem leaks or anything) but I really like the landscape cause its natural for me (knowing I am gonna text in that mode)
    04-22-10 05:09 PM
    9530 Running .419 and the lock button simply does not work. Tried some stuff, can't seem to get it to work at all.

uninstalled and went back to current release and the lock functions again.
    04-23-10 06:35 PM
    Stopped working properly in my S1 too after a couple of days. Disappointing because at first it looked very promising. Hope they get the bugs out soon.

04-23-10 10:41 PM
    Is he gonna respond to this thread? I would really like to see this version in full working condition. The 2 things I really wanted are in this, 1. portrait lock and 2. a decent battery life, for some reason in the other one the animation in the slider part moves really fast when the screen dims and ends up draining my entire battery. Most of the time its when I'm sleeping so its a real pain when I am not at home or near my charger. I really hope this is available soon.
    04-28-10 11:58 AM
150 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD