Uncaught Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException on boot, and SS won't start up.

Running on the current Verizon firmware (5.0.0.328). I'm one of the guys who has been having the (what seems to be) BES issues with startup, if this is helpful.

I am also the administrator of our BES (Well, BPS, but it's effectively the same), so if you need me to test anything from that side, too, I can.
    Last edited by cixelsyd; 04-12-10 at 01:38 PM.
    04-12-10 01:32 PM
    Other than the minor problems that others have reported, I like how you incorporated Berryweather onto the lock screen. Very nice. It has been a while since I last tried SS. It operates faster and smoother than I remember in past versions.
    04-12-10 02:24 PM
    I wonder what I'm doing wrong? Since I've updated to the latest version.... I can't get the weather

Other than the minor problems that others have reported, I like how you incorporated Berryweather onto the lock screen. Very nice. It has been a while since I last tried SS. It operates faster and smoother than I remember in past versions.
    04-12-10 02:33 PM
    DMG,
    Im loving the update, but one problem I am seeing is my lock randomly turning on. I will be browsing the web and try to scroll on a page and stormslider will pop up. I have not been able to find out what would be the cause because each time it has happened (maybe 4-8 times) i have been browsing something different.
    04-12-10 03:00 PM
    Sorry dude but the lock button is still not working it only kicks in the native lock it is not as tight as the old builds all else is great

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-10 03:36 PM
    the time is a lot different than true time. After about 30 minutes of being locked (no notifications displayed either) the time was off by 15 minuts.
    04-12-10 03:56 PM
    the time is a lot different than true time. After about 30 minutes of being locked (no notifications displayed either) the time was off by 15 minuts.
    Happened to me too. I posted earlier I think I got to as much s 28 minutes off. A 30 second bat pull got the times to within a minute for me.

04-12-10 05:07 PM
    DMG I hope you are making serious money off this app dude.....I can only imagine what your pm box looks like....

04-12-10 08:02 PM
    Just a note. Set SS to launch on phone exit. If you end your call and right when SS launches if you hit your lock button it will launch the factory lock over SS and double lock your phone. Just getting it out there not that big an issue.

04-13-10 07:43 AM
    This update has some major pluses, I am on an S1 running .607 Hybrid by Lyricidal I note this because this Hybrid uses RIM's new locking system - immediately blacks out screen and does not show owner information but rather the home screen with the a little opaque window that says "Screen is locked. Press the lock button to unlock". I previously deleted storm slider because it did not play well with my storm or one of my applications and or theme which is laneberry. I reloaded the beta yesterday and have noticed a tremendous difference.

Pros
    1. love the berry weather integration
    2. the sms, email and facebook icons have all been working
    3. much faster and less glitchy and my memory has been holding fine with this version
    4. love the that it locks in portrait

Cons
    1. like others have noted if I use the phone's native lock button with settings set to launch ss on lock button I get a double lock - both factory and ss.
    2. when using my car's handsfree bluetooth system this morning when I ended a phone call I could not get this odd looking (all black with owner info and just the weather icon no text and no time) lock screen off my phone. I tried hitting the end key, back key, bb key, but it wasn't until I held the bb key to pop up the application switcher and selected home that I was able to clear the screen. Forgot to note that in options I have lock on phone exit set to NO.
    3. it sometimes defaults back on its own to the original background image on lock instead of my costume background
    4. my clock is only a minute off so not a big deal

Hope this helps
    Last edited by stacyadell; 04-13-10 at 01:26 PM.
    04-13-10 01:23 PM
    My email notification does not work as well, running lyricidal .604 hybrid.
    04-13-10 05:35 PM
    Running good on my phone so far. Quite a bit quicker. The message notifications are awesome.
    04-13-10 08:24 PM
    Thanks. I did not see that.

However, I found something that caused me to uninstall SS completely. Suppose you have SS installed and configured on your Storm 1. When you click on Clock and activate Bedside Mode, SS kicks in. Now the system is in an endless loop: when you move the slider, you get to the clock screen, then after about half a second SS locks the screen again. I had to do a battery pull to get back to the main screen. Perhaps I'm doing this wrong, :-(.

Elrohir59
    I had the same thing happen to me. I had my phone set to go into bedside mode when it was charging. Sometimes I plug it into the computer to charge when I am using the computer and texting at the same time. I received a text, unlocked the phone using StormSlider, exited bedside mode and StormSlider kept coming back up. Could never get out of the loop so I unplugged my phone from the USB and bedside mode went away and I could unlock normally. Right now, I have my phone set to not enter bedside mode when charging.
    04-14-10 09:41 AM
    I only receive notification icons for text messages. Don't receive anything for Facebook or e-mail. I also don't have the weather anymore. Any chance of an update coming anytime soon?
    04-14-10 10:28 AM
    I am testing this beta version since the version I just paid $1 to upgrade to 5.1 does not work properly. It happens only when my phone is active on the BES at my job. I was able to change the security toggle setting so I now can set all permissions to allow. With 5.1 it seemed to freeze the phone when ever the app became active(by pressing the on screen logo).
    With 5.5 it absolutely does nothing. This app had worked just fine while on a BES with previous versions 4.X.X but know something is wrong. I really enjoy the functions of this app since it automatically lokcks the screen and my kids cannot get into my phone so easily.

PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE
    Last edited by tedescop; 04-14-10 at 02:47 PM.
    04-14-10 11:05 AM
    thanks for the chance to try this app.
    i have been using the patternlock app up until now.
    what i like about this one is that it looks like i can see if there are emails or texts waiting to be answered. (although i did not get that feature to work with this trial. i assume it is not avialable until it is purchased)
    what i liked about patternlock was that if i hit the lock button for it, the screen went out right away. i would think this would also help with the battery. the slide lock stays lit until the screen timer goes out. i figure if i hit the button i am ready for it to turn off then.
    what i would like to see with both of them is to be able to set the app so that it would only come back on if i hit a key or held the screen for say 5 seconds. i carry the phone in my pocket and i know i constantly have it lit up. again using battery.
    That is all i have to suggest. i am not the most proficient person at this stuff so maybe this all can be done and i missed it.
    04-14-10 02:31 PM
    I am still having the same issues as I did with 5.1. I installed this version and set all permissions (except for Interactions-->Security Timer Reset, which is set to a hard "Deny") to Allow. I then rebooted the device and upon restart, was hit with a "uncaught java.lang.error exception" message. I un-installed this beta, rebooted, then re-installed this beta...same problem happens as before (SS doesn't run). Although, this time, where before I could see SS running in the background, now it doesn't even show up when I hold the BB button down to see running
    apps.

thoughts?
    I had been running fine previously. I just wiped and reinstalled my phone, and now I am having this same issue.
    04-14-10 11:07 PM
    I wonder what I'm doing wrong? Since I've updated to the latest version.... I can't get the weather
    Are you using the free version of berryweather or the paid version 2.2?
    04-16-10 01:08 AM
    i am using version 5.1 on my vzw 9550 .. it is running pretty good besides for the java error i get everyonce in a while, also my time on SS is incorrect & i hate that we can't choose what mode to lock it in .. i use my fone is landscape mode atleast 95% of the time & have 2 rotate it just 2 unlock it -_- also i can't see the weather on my SS screen but ii'm guessing its maybe cus this version is in beta so all the features aren't in it ? i have simpleweather btw

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-16-10 04:54 AM
    Ss has stopped working on my phone....this seems to be a problem with the 5.xx builds. I had the same problem with the first 5.0 update which caused me to stop using it.

04-16-10 05:21 AM
    Ss has stopped working on my phone....this seems to be a problem with the 5.xx builds. I had the same problem with the first 5.0 update which caused me to stop using it.

I had the same problem on mine. The home screen icon was unresponsive. I did a bat pull and it fixed it.

04-16-10 07:30 AM
    I had the same problem on mine. The home screen icon was unresponsive. I did a bat pull and it fixed it.

Ya the batt pull works....my main concern is that I used the version before the 5.0 update for a few months with out any problem....I normally would not care but when this app works right it REALLY improves my phone and I love it.

04-16-10 07:38 AM
    Ya the batt pull works....my main concern is that I used the version before the 5.0 update for a few months with out any problem....I normally would not care but when this app works right it REALLY improves my phone and I love it.

I hear ya' it ran ok for me for a couple days minus some small issues. For example I don't think I've seen a notification yet, some launch issues when it is supposed to lock on phone exit, being able to close SS by using the end button on phone exit launch, and the lock button/screen dimming double lock issue.

I love this app though. I love the portrait lock though and this build is a lot smoother than any of the previous builds.

04-16-10 07:44 AM
    Love the app. Running 5.0 but while in stormslider lock I only receive the notifications for Facebook and BBM. I would like to get notifications for weather and e-mail messages.... Maybe they'll be an upgrade soon.
    04-16-10 09:23 AM
    I have one thing.. I notice when i have my phone set to 'password enabled to unlock', and the SS is set to 'Lock on charger', I slide to unlock, it takes me to my phones default lock password input, I put in password then it takes me back to SS and this just repeats with no end. The phone never unlocks. If i disable 1 of the 2 it works fine or use SS password input it works fine. No biggie, i can just use SS password, but i like having that something extra. Just wondering if anyone has had this problem. Can you look into it DMG. Thanks.. I'm running official 5.0 OS on my storm.

New beta looks Nice DMG keep it up.
    04-16-10 10:58 AM
150 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD