We're happy to bring you StormSlider 5.5.0. This is a public beta, meaning anyone with a storm 1 or storm 2 can download it free of charge. This is a 7 day beta version.

We would like you to try out the new version and let us know what you think. Let us know ways to improve it, fix it or if everything is running fine. We would like to know if it's draining your battery etc etc. Without your feedback we wont know what's going on.

The beta testers have all tried the new version and love it. We just have to make sure the customers are happy too before we release the update.

OTA Link

New / Updated Features:
    - Much improved battery life
    - Consumes less memory
    - Portrait Lock
    - BerryWeather Intergration
    - BBM, Email, SMS / MMS & Facebook Notifications
    - Backup / Restore / Default Options to SD card
    - Better options menu

Those are just a few features on the new version of SS. So please feel free to download the app and test it out for us =).
    Last edited by dmglakewood; 04-09-10 at 01:10 PM.
    04-09-10 01:00 PM
    ::big thumbs up::
    04-09-10 01:02 PM
    04-09-10 01:13 PM
    I downloaded it. It's really fast so far. We'll see how it goes. Good job.
    04-09-10 01:37 PM
    ::big thumbs up::
    =)
    im on it!
    Sweet, let me know how it goes
    I downloaded it. It's really fast so far. We'll see how it goes. Good job.
    Thanks =) keep me posted
    04-09-10 01:51 PM
    I just downloaded it as well. I like it so far. You need to add a twitter indicator to it.
    04-09-10 01:52 PM
    I just downloaded it as well. I like it so far. You need to add a twitter indicator to it.
    Twitter, google talk, aim, yahoo are all in the works. It just takes a while because you have to manually find out each code for each app. So I just added the 4 right now and I will be adding more soon. Plus I have to figure out a good way of doing it so the whole screen isn't just notifications lol
    04-09-10 01:59 PM
    this version is amazing... very fast and working with the new style lock is a big plus
    04-09-10 02:08 PM
    This is the fastest version that I have seen yet.

The only suggestion that I have is where the options is located. I really think that you should move it back to its original location within the BB Options menu. The reason being is if a friend wants to play a joke on you while your phone is laying around and they p/u go to the options and set/change a password put your phone back then you are S.O.L. as far as accessing your phone. I did not have a password set so it was easy for them. Then when I set a password m kids changed it as a joke as they know what my password was. This has happened to me and I did not appreciated it
    04-09-10 02:17 PM
    Downloading now. Can't wait to give this a trial run.
    04-09-10 02:59 PM
    So far so good. Only experiencing a few little issues. First, I can not find any weather options. Second, it is not showing any of the owner information and I can not find any options for this either. Finally, it seems that when I use the lock button it over rides the "auto start", so to say, and stormslider no longer automatically starts making the lock button the only way to lock my phone.

Overall I like the new version. It's much faster with very little lag if any. Great job!!
    04-09-10 05:57 PM
    I have been anxiously awaiting the update for weeks Most things seem to be working well, though I have hit a couple snags. I am not seeing the weather options, with SimpleWeather installed. TodoMatrix popups are still not working correctly if the pop-ups are turned off (though I do accept that I may just have to live with that). I have also noticed that regardless of pop-up setting, upon receiving a new mail, the messages are popping up over top of stormslider. When I hit the back/escape key, SS is shown again.
    Last edited by linuxdaemon; 04-09-10 at 07:32 PM. Reason: tested both enable pop-up yes/no for message display on receipt.
    04-09-10 07:27 PM
    So far so good..haven't noticed any memory loss or battery drop..but someone mentioned it works with the lock button, in which it doesn't seem to be doing so for me..even with dim set to zero.
    I'm running it on an S2 with OS .607. All permissions are set for allow and I don't see an option to assign the lock key, if it exists..

Popup blocker seems to be working as well.. haven't seen anything get thru from Berrypopup.

Only suggestions:
    Bring back the "show owner" yes/no option. Some wallpapers my owner info disrupts it.

Longer timer on wait for Dim ..maybe by 5..10..15..etc

Bring back the show SS in BB menu..most likely not needed if I can get the lock button functioning though.

The ability to add autotext or copy/paste in the text menu. I like to use some special characters..I think I remember reading it being removed due to security issues. Understood if not be possible.

Add more than 1 email service notification

again only suggestion..It still a keeper..thanks for the hard work once again.
    Last edited by hudss; 04-10-10 at 10:03 AM.
    04-09-10 07:46 PM
    thanks! will try..............
    04-09-10 07:53 PM
    trying it now. I can't get it to launch on the lock button. When it launches the lock is still overtop so I need to press the lock a second time before sliding to unlock.
    04-09-10 08:02 PM
    running 9530 on verizon os .419 and dont have any problems with battery or memory drop...doesnt seem to work with lock button though... if it is even supposed to?
    04-09-10 08:54 PM
    Hm downloaded app but the app is not activating when using the lock button.
    04-09-10 10:39 PM
    Sorry, I've discovered another thing that isn't working right on my phone. The battery charging screen isn't updating the battery capacity, or displaying the charging indicator. I have rebooted, and had about 50% battery. Battery fully charged still shows about 50% on the SS screen.
    04-09-10 11:50 PM
    Just downloaded it. I will try it out for a few days and will report my findings.

Elrohir59
    04-10-10 05:13 AM
    First, the particulars: Storm 1 (9530), OS .419 on Bell Mobility.

1. How do you get to the Options menu?

2. With the screen locked, I sent myself email messages. The BB notifications work (sound, LED) but no notification displays on the SS lock screen. I unlocked and confirmed that the home screen does display the unread email notification, but when I lock it the SS lock screen does not display any notification.

Elrohir59
    04-10-10 05:34 AM
    i would suggest to be able to turn off owners info
    04-10-10 05:35 AM
    berrypop still activates
    04-10-10 05:42 AM
    I installed the trial version of BerryWeather and the icon showed up in SS, but I did not get any weather options within SS. I then uninstalled both BerryWeather and SimpleWeather, restarted my phone and just installed SimpleWeather. I still did not get a weather icon in SS.
    04-10-10 08:33 AM
    I installed the trial version of BerryWeather and the icon showed up in SS, but I did not get any weather options within SS. I then uninstalled both BerryWeather and SimpleWeather, restarted my phone and just installed SimpleWeather. I still did not get a weather icon in SS.
    He is still working on that. He said in the other thread that there will be an update to SimpleWeather that will then allow for the integration. But he want's to finish SS first.
    04-10-10 09:57 AM
    First, the particulars: Storm 1 (9530), OS .419 on Bell Mobility.

1. How do you get to the Options menu?

2. With the screen locked, I sent myself email messages. The BB notifications work (sound, LED) but no notification displays on the SS lock screen. I unlocked and confirmed that the home screen does display the unread email notification, but when I lock it the SS lock screen does not display any notification.

Elrohir59
    1. press the BB menu while SS is activated

2. Email will on display when receiving while SS is activated and only for the default email you have configured in bb options/default services.
    04-10-10 10:00 AM
150 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD