Glad we can be of service. Just make sure Elwood to keep an eye on what app you are running.

Another popular memory hog is weather bug. I use it but every time my memory takes a dive I know it is weather bug at it again. Also are you on 148?
    Got .148 Sunday. In my very limited experience, has helped. I'm having problems with VZW reception - at most, I only get 2 small bars in my home office (just transferred from Alltel). Thinking about switching to AT&T w/i my 30 days. Looking at Bold or iPhone (though I've come to appreciate the push email on the Storm, so I guess that knocks out iPhone).
    06-04-09 02:12 PM
    Someone point the newebies over to one/all of the increase ap memory threads. Or just tell them how to delete what they don't use. Visual Voicemail, VZ NAV, BB messenger, sample pics/vids (requires either a re-load or downloading an explorer type ap), help file, etc....
    06-04-09 02:16 PM
    I cannot see the pics on either folder. Both look as if they are blank but I know the pics are on there cause I can view them in the media app. color me Confused???
    No worries if you can see them on your storm then it is all good.
    I am trying to remember if you can actually view the images from the dm. I have not done image transfers for a while and I am at work so I have to be careful doing this. lol

Any body can help out this one??
    06-04-09 02:20 PM
    I cannot see the pics on either folder. Both look as if they are blank but I know the pics are on there cause I can view them in the media app. color me Confused???

When you are pluged into your computer, you can not access the pictures on the card through the device. Unplug the usb cable and see if you can look at the pictures.

Also, it's a good idea to do what's called a battery pull every day or every other day. I'ts like rebooting a computer.

Pull the battery cover off, pull the battery out for 30 seconds and then put it back in. It will take about 2 to 4 minutes to boot up.
    06-04-09 02:22 PM
    Much snappier now. i did not have the BB in Mass Storage mode. I went into Options>Memory>Allow Mass storage on connect (or something like that) and that helped.

Then I had to go and properly put the media files in their respective folders (all the files were sitting outside the respective folders, just floating out there, unorganized).

There is still some lag when swiping through pics but I will continue to get leaner with the apps that I use and do a battery pull every so often.
    06-04-09 02:24 PM
    Really, really good info here. Please keep it coming...Thanks all...even you 1magine...LOL!!
    06-04-09 02:25 PM
    Got .148 Sunday. In my very limited experience, has helped. I'm having problems with VZW reception - at most, I only get 2 small bars in my home office (just transferred from Alltel). Thinking about switching to AT&T w/i my 30 days. Looking at Bold or iPhone (though I've come to appreciate the push email on the Storm, so I guess that knocks out iPhone).
    Hmm, is the low reception effecting you storm a lot? I am just thinking perhaps it is best to stay with a CDMA carier since it signals tend to be strong overall( in two minutes I will get flamed by someone from Rogers or AT&T).

Unless AT&T has a strong presence in your area. But if you do move to AT&T get the bold it is a very good berry. Especially if you are going to relay on it to keep you in touch with your co-workers.
    06-04-09 02:31 PM
    Even wheny my radio si showing one or two bars I am getting fast transfer of data. It is my belief that the radio has a discrepancy between perceived and actual signal strength.

Try this, go to a spot where the radio bottoms out (or almost bottoms out) then access the web. Then go to a place where the signal looks strong. Any noticeable difference? I have not really noticed a big difference except when in my basement in the bathroom away from the window. YRMV (Your Results May Vary) but let us know.
    06-04-09 02:35 PM
    Much snappier now. i did not have the BB in Mass Storage mode. I went into Options>Memory>Allow Mass storage on connect (or something like that) and that helped.

Then I had to go and properly put the media files in their respective folders (all the files were sitting outside the respective folders, just floating out there, unorganized).

There is still some lag when swiping through pics but I will continue to get leaner with the apps that I use and do a battery pull every so often.
    For battery pulls down load quickpull (it is free) or buy meterberry (I use this) to schedule a batt pull for your storm. I have mine scheduled at 4:30 Am everyday.

As for that slight lag when looking at pics. I also have it too. Not an issue for me since even my pcs have that same lag when looking for my pics.
    Last edited by Ronindan; 06-04-09 at 02:39 PM.
    06-04-09 02:36 PM
    Yeah not a big deal. It is actually sped up a bit since I deleted some stupid preloaded apps.
    06-04-09 02:41 PM
    Hmm, is the low reception effecting you storm a lot?
    What it effects most are phone calls - I have to move to a different part of the house, which is not what I hope for from any cell phone. Get full bars when I go downtown (which I do every morning).
    06-04-09 02:41 PM
    Yeah not a big deal. It is actually sped up a bit since I deleted some stupid preloaded apps.
    Yeah blotware are a pain. That is why I like Telus did not load a lot of stuff. just one portal, which I kept, just to show where my loyalties are.
    (or who I have to pay)
    06-04-09 02:47 PM
    What it effects most are phone calls - I have to move to a different part of the house, which is not what I hope for from any cell phone. Get full bars when I go downtown (which I do every morning).
    As I suspected. The storm radio is very strong, I even get a signal when I am on the subway. This issue is carrier related. Which carriers are used by the majority of your neighbors?
    06-04-09 02:51 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD