I'm receiving my new Storm2 in two days (upgrading from 8830). Besides moving everything over what things should I absolutely do first or have first? Update the OS? Install Opera? Check some specific things to make sure they work before the 30 days are up?

THX
    06-22-10 05:54 PM
    Yes check Os first then download opera mini its a great browser. There are a lot of great themes out there for you to enjoy also. Your going to love the screen size coming from a 8330! I have had mine for over a week and it is great. Typing on the SureType keyboard is awesome. I had the storm 1 then went to a pearl flip then the incredible now I am back to the storm. Much more productive phone than the android was.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-10 06:05 PM
    Make sure you don't have a faulty device (you'll know within 30 days whether or not you like the feel of it).

In the meantime, research which os/hybrid you think will suit you best.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-10 06:09 PM
    I'm receiving my new Storm2 in two days (upgrading from 8830). Besides moving everything over what things should I absolutely do first or have first? Update the OS? Install Opera? Check some specific things to make sure they work before the 30 days are up?

THX
    The first thing you should ALWAYS do is call your Mom~!
    06-22-10 06:14 PM
    1. Don't buy any apps except if you absolutely have to do that.
    2. Stick with the Official OSes .713 (it is pretty good)
    3. Get a good case to protect your device

Enjoy your Storm 2.
    06-22-10 07:03 PM
    Welcome!

Before loading anything on it, make sure the device itself works properly.

Check the screen & other buttons - do they respond correctly?
    Check the call quality, bluetooth, wifi, headphone jack, memory card reader, etc.
    My first S2 had a faulty memory card reader & I'm glad I caught it before setting it all up.

You might also want to browse thru this thread - Storm2 Tips & Tricks
    06-23-10 12:19 PM
    Welcome to the Storm 2 "family!" I hope you enjoy yours as much as I love mine. SureType in Portrait is wonderful and fast; even for big fingers. ENJOY!
    06-23-10 12:39 PM
    I'm receiving my new Storm2 in two days (upgrading from 8830). Besides moving everything over what things should I absolutely do first or have first?

THX

1. /happydance
    2. make sure screen clicks consistently across the entire screen in both feel and sound.
    3. Get a good theme and customize it. You can buy one but there are a number of excellent free ones. Both on this site and on Blackberryos.com. (I like Natemz "blackberry pro v5" myself. And it's free.)
    4. Set up your wifi profiles. I was amazed at how many different places I regularly go that I use wifi. I have 4 networks saved so that now when I'm at home, work, or at my inlaws I always have wifi.
    5. Tweak your settings to save power. There are a number of different threads that detail the most power efficient setting combinations (wifi, screen brightness, bluetooth, gps, etc...)
    6. Get a good case. I used to use the Otterbox defender but due to issues with the holster have moved back to my Otterbox Commuter. Fantastic case and great protection.
    7. /Happydance again!

Welcome to the club!
    06-23-10 02:19 PM
    Do the obvious checks .. get the Commuter case .. and check out the sig!
    06-23-10 02:40 PM
    Thanks so much for the advice. I will definitely call Mom as soon as I figure out how to do it. Happy Dance is scheduled as well.

Coming from a 8830 I'm sure the free apps will suit me fine! I bought the super duper warranty/insurance plan so hopefully I'm covered. I already have a 8 gb card with media so I can put it in right away to check that.

Storm2 arrived this morning - waiting for me at home right now - YAY!

THX in advice - I'm sure I'll have lots of questions in the future. But after spending quite some time reading in these forums I am well prepared.
    06-23-10 03:29 PM
    THX in advice - I'm sure I'll have lots of questions in the future. But after spending quite some time reading in these forums I am well prepared.
    If everyone took the time and was as prepared as you seem to be this would be a much less frustrating place (at times)

Welcome to the family.
    There's a lot of info around (as you seem to have become familiar with), but feel free to post if you have any issues, concerns or feedback and searching doesn't help you out.

PS: Hope you like the phone as much as I do!
    06-23-10 04:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD