Hi everyone,

Just unboxed my Storm2 had a few questions. I am moving from a Curve 8330 and I wanted to use some of the files "Audio" as ringtones. For some reason I cannot use them and I am getting an error msg.. Do I need to convert the aduio files into something else to use them as a Ringtone on the Storm2? Or do they have to be a certain size etc??

Thanks
    05-06-10 06:37 PM
    Mine work without any problems what's the error message?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-10 06:41 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply I got it to work, I installed the msd card and I didnt power it down and reboot.. Working fine now..

One other question is there a "reboot" feature like on the Curve when you hold down certain keys?
    05-06-10 07:38 PM
    Not that I know of download quickpull or meterberry you have to pay for meterberry but its a great tool.

05-06-10 07:54 PM
    Is Meter Berry available in the Apps Store? I didnt see it listed there? Have a link? Any other APPS that you can recommend?

Sorry for all the questions.. LOL

Also is there a way to "Select ALL" the messages say in my email so I can do a MASS Delete? There are like 30 in t here since i Just got this turned on and I dont need them and its taking forever to hit delete for each msg..

Thanks again!
    05-06-10 07:58 PM
    Hit the date bar and then delete prior, but it gets rid of all of them.

05-06-10 08:03 PM
    Ya meterberry is in the app store just do a search.Other apps I like are weather bug opera mini and I use Google mobile for searches cant stand Bing.
    05-06-10 08:07 PM
    Thanks guys!
    Ditched BING and am using Google Mobile

Found the Meter Berry!

Ok last one, what case should I grab and do you use a screen protector? I like the Defender Series Case it looks like it will keep things protected..

BlackBerry Storm2 Defender Series Case // OtterBox.com
    05-06-10 08:13 PM
    I heard the commuter (OtterBox) is good if you're looking for the light weight... I personally stop using cases and the screen protector. I should but I don't. My last purchased of a screen protector was from Boxwave.com ---> crystal clear (no bubbles) and I'd also tried the ones from Verizon.
    05-06-10 08:19 PM
    I use the disposable screen protectors from verizon or walmart replace them about once a month.I use a holster from verizon it has a hard case and puts the phone in sleep mode when its holstered.
    05-06-10 08:25 PM
    I know that when you want to delete multiple texts, you can also hold your finger on one, then touch other texts you want to delete, and once it's highlighted all the ones you want gone just click delete. Just make sure you continue to hold the first text you selected while you're selecting the others you want to delete; it won't work if you don't do it this way. I haven't tried this with emails, so I can't say for sure it would work the same way. But it works well for me when you only want to delete certain texts, but don't want to go through deleting them one at a time.
    05-07-10 07:36 AM
    I know that when you want to delete multiple texts, you can also hold your finger on one, then touch other texts you want to delete, and once it's highlighted all the ones you want gone just click delete. Just make sure you continue to hold the first text you selected while you're selecting the others you want to delete; it won't work if you don't do it this way. I haven't tried this with emails, so I can't say for sure it would work the same way. But it works well for me when you only want to delete certain texts, but don't want to go through deleting them one at a time.
    Thanks figured it out, all you have to do is tap the screen say at the top of the email in box or sms and then scroll down touching the screen that will allow you to highlight as many msgs etc as you wish then just hit the BB button and delete etc..

I love the Storm2!!
    05-11-10 09:11 PM
    I recently upgraded from a Storm 1 to a Storm 2. On the Storm 1 the search box dropdown menu gave a choice of searching with Google, Wikipedia or Dictionary.com. The Storm2 only gives you the option to use Bing which so far I hate using. Verizon informs me that that is the only option other than to actually go to the Google page to search. Does anyone have a workaround for this? It's a step backward for the Storm2 which otherwise is making me much happier than the Storm1 did.
    05-21-10 07:41 AM
    I recently upgraded from a Storm 1 to a Storm 2. On the Storm 1 the search box dropdown menu gave a choice of searching with Google, Wikipedia or Dictionary.com. The Storm2 only gives you the option to use Bing which so far I hate using. Verizon informs me that that is the only option other than to actually go to the Google page to search. Does anyone have a workaround for this? It's a step backward for the Storm2 which otherwise is making me much happier than the Storm1 did.
    Just change your home page to Google, and it'll take you there anytime you open the browser. That's about the only workaround there is right now for that issue. I don't like Bing either...
    05-21-10 07:47 AM
    Thanks for that info!
    05-22-10 06:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD