I just got a Storm about 3 weeks ago...

So far I am happy with it... but, a friend of mine just sent me this message (he was a Curve user till a week ago... now he is on the iphone)

"Here are some of the cool apps I have already found for the iphone:

XBL friends list- I know the bb has it, but this one looks exactly like the dashboard. You can swipe your finger side to side to scroll through friends. It's kinda slow, but pretty awesome.

XBL achievement guide- I can look up any achievement on any game and get the info on how to do it.

XBL news- Instant feed on Xbox news.

Urban Spoon- Random restaurant thing that's in the commercials. Shake the iphone and it'll randomly pick places in your area to eat. Great cause we can never decide on a place.

Shazam- put the iphone up to the radio as it plays a song and it'll give you all the info. Kinda pointless but comes in handy when you don't know who sings a song.

where- type in anything, gas, restaurant, retail, movies...anything and it'll show you the nearest location. Kinda like yellowpages, but I use it for the gas buddy. Shows the cheapest gas closest to you.

google- google app, same as bb

bank of america- I can transfer fund, pay bills, pretty much anything I can do on the website, but it's all with slick buttons. Very easy to use

lightsaber- makes lightsaber noises.

amazon- mobile amazon on your phone. I'm signed into my account and everything. I can one click buy anything I want when signed in....kinda dangerous!

Flixster- movies and showtimes. You can bookmark your favorite theater and get quick movie times.

CBS sports- create a profile and choose your favorite teams. Bookmarks them for easy tracking for scores and news.

wootwatch- shows woot of the day, wootshirt, wine and sellout woots.

Snaptell
    - take a picture of any package (CD, DVD, videogame, Book, etc) and it'll give you the lowest prices near you and online."

Some of these apps sound freakin GREAT!!! And, I know we have SOME of them, or ones like them.. I LOVE My Poynt, for example for movie times....

I would personally like the xBox live apps, and the Shazam and Snaptell apps sound AWESOME....

Anything like these on the Blackberry (Storm)

This guy is a very good friend of mine... and he convinced me to get the Storm... so he is by no means a Blackberry basher... and he wanted a Storm, but needed to be on AT&T.

But now, after hearing how happy he is with his iphone... I am wondering if I should make a switch? I doubt that I would... cause I need to be on Verizon... but I would be lying if I said I wasnt a little jealous... (and he has only had it a week!)

Does the iphone really have a huge edge on the Storm for apps?
    03-31-09 08:00 AM
    the app store is being launched tomorrow
    03-31-09 08:04 AM
    dam near all the apps you posted, can be used by the BB Storm, go to the 3rd part apps section or go to

StormOTA via your BB browser, theres a crazy amount of apps for download there, and they can be download ota

dont ever speak of iphone here again
    Last edited by Swift20; 03-31-09 at 08:24 AM.
    03-31-09 08:22 AM
    dam near all the apps you posted, can be used by the BB Storm, go to the 3rd part apps section or go to

StormOTA via your BB browser, theres a crazy amount of apps for download there, and they can be download ota

dont ever speak of iphone here again
    Thanks for the link...

Any idea what the programs are called that are like Shazam, Snaptell (listed above)

And the only xbox program I can find is Xberry... and I havent heard anything good about that...

Any OTHER xBox programs?

Thanks again everyone.
    03-31-09 08:35 AM
    There really aren't many applications out as of now. But soon there will be!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 08:43 AM
    Also, how long should my battery last?

Dumb question, I know...

But today I have sent 10 SMS Texts, and talked for about 40 minutes... and my battery is at 80% ( I started with a full charge....)

I rarely make it thru a day without it turning red.... It is usually at then END of the day... but still... is this normal?
    03-31-09 08:47 AM
    Also, how long should my battery last?

Dumb question, I know...

But today I have sent 10 SMS Texts, and talked for about 40 minutes... and my battery is at 80% ( I started with a full charge....)

I rarely make it thru a day without it turning red.... It is usually at then END of the day... but still... is this normal?

It's pretty normal but the software update you will receive in the next few days will help with the battery power. It was the talking on the phone for 40 minutes that cut your battery power to 80%.
    03-31-09 08:54 AM
    It's pretty normal but the software update you will receive in the next few days will help with the battery power. It was the talking on the phone for 40 minutes that cut your battery power to 80%.
    Ok, cool.

Now if I could just find an xBox Live app, and some other cool Storm apps to rival my iPhone buddies.....

03-31-09 09:03 AM
    yea theres thread all over that help you save battery, im always on my phone, talking or texting, internet use, i go to work at 8am, byt the time im out of work prolly 4:30pm, im a little less than 80%
    03-31-09 09:28 AM
    where did you find the XBOX friends list and Shazam?
    04-03-09 07:38 PM
    shazam is in the app world that was released on the 1st
    04-03-09 07:42 PM
    any idea if there is a redbox app?
    04-04-09 01:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD