Hi,Just got my storm yesterday...and its a great phone..but im have a few issues...first..how do i get my itunes on to my storm..when i try to sync not all of my music is supported..
    2nd..themes..i have no clue how to change my background or get new pictures to use as backgrounds...
    3rd..ring tones..is there anyway to get new ring tones?

help is appreciated...
    02-14-09 08:10 AM
    Free ringtones, themes, wallpapers, videos and games for your cell phone | Zedge. It is a free website to get wallpapers and ringtones. As far as music goes I have no clue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 08:21 AM
    Hi,Just got my storm yesterday...and its a great phone..but im have a few issues...first..how do i get my itunes on to my storm..when i try to sync not all of my music is supported..
    I don't know about iTunes because I rip my own CDs for mp3. There is no reason to re-buy something that I have already owned.

2nd..themes..i have no clue how to change my background or get new pictures to use as backgrounds...
    Go to Media-->Pictures-->find the folder where your picture is located-->highlight the picture-->click BB button-->click set as home screen image.

3rd..ring tones..is there anyway to get new ring tones?
    I always create custom mp3 files as my ring tones. And I set up different ring tones for different people. But you can buy them online as well.

Hope this helps.
    02-14-09 08:29 AM
    I know you are excited by your new phone & want to be able to do everything right now, but the best thing you can do is read. There are answers to all of your questions right here on Crackberry. Be patient & learn.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 08:31 AM
    thanks a lot on everything i found the website and i got a ringtone and working on everything else ... i love the storm...
    02-14-09 08:59 AM
    Read the thread titled Storm Tips and Tricks. It's my FABfave!
    02-14-09 09:03 AM
    Yes, do read the CB forums. You are trying to do what RIM / VZN call "Media Sync". In as much as Apple and its products are a "wonderful" walled garden, you will not be able to get all your songs transferred - Apple's fundamental position is to protect the music industry. (An industry that just loves the distribution costs of the Internet, but whines when people try to share and whatnot.)

Another thing to possibly look for on the RIM site: a separate, standalone copy of Media Sync (ie not plugged into or under your DM).

Doctor Neutron
    02-14-09 09:27 AM
    yes apple sure does love to keep there music guarded and you pay for it...it has to go on an apple...its not big deal i have a good amount of songs..plus i bought a phone not a music player...all of the other features work great a few songs here and there...not gonna change the storm for me
    02-14-09 09:37 AM
    how do i get my itunes on to my storm..when i try to sync not all of my music is supported..
    Well, if you buy music from iTunes, it is typically DRM protected. The DRM rights will only transfer to Apple products. The only way around this is re-purchasing DRM-free songs via iTunes' new Plus thing or burn your songs to a cd and re-import them to iTunes as MP3s, and thus, DRM free.
    sucks huh!?

i have no clue how to change my background or get new pictures to use as backgrounds...
    Well someone already gave you directions to change wallpapers, but here are a few great wallpaper resources:
    BlackBerry Storm Wallpaper | Backgrounds | Images | StormGrounds.com
    and the mobile version to visit and save wallpapers from your storm:
    BlackBerry Storm Wallpapers | Mobile Version
    and two great threads:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f123/po...320x480-98354/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/wa...-yours-109183/
    My buddy 0mie has a ton of great wallpapers here:
    Pictures by 0m1e - Photobucket
    and you can check out mine in the link in my sig.

ring tones..is there anyway to get new ring tones?
    okay, a great go-to site is myxer. Go to their site (http://m.myxer.com) from your phone.
    The key is to do a search though because just browsing doesn't usually turn up much stuff.

Oh yeah, and there's obviously a ton of resources on Crackberry itself. Check out the tabs at the VERY top of the page that say ringtones & wallpapers.

Oh, and a final important note to mention, if you browse & save sites from your computer, you'll have to e-mail files (pictures/ringtones) to yourself or plug your BB up and transfer them that way.

Best of luck!
    02-14-09 10:52 AM
    Go to BitTorrent.com, download the application and follow the directions. You will be able to down load anyring tone or song unprotected.
    02-14-09 11:35 AM
    Be carefule what you put on your phone from BitTorrent, I know there are "legitimate" torrents on there, but there is a lot of stuff you can download that will screw you over good. There is also software where you can convert your mp4's to wav's or mp3's if you want to go that route
    02-14-09 11:38 AM
    well new problem..i got ringtones..i got wall paper...but now...ive had to pull battery due to freezing twice...once yesterday when i got the phone ..and once about 10 minutes ago both due to freezing..any1 have the same problems? help?
    02-14-09 03:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD