Hello there everyone!

I finally did it, and purchased the Blackberry Storm today. So far I am very pleased! The phone seems very solid, and I've had no issues with lag so far. I do have a bit of light leakage around the edges of the screen, but I'm to believe this is normal for this phone?

One thing that does concern me though is how loud the screen clicks! I don't remember the store model being this loud, and there is no way I can be discreet with the noise that it makes, but at least the screen clicks evenly and seems to work very well. Now I suppose I just have to hope that I don't get any dust in it.

Glad to finally be a part of the community!
    02-19-09 05:01 PM
    Welcome and enjoy the time you will spend here. You will be on here... A LOT.
    02-19-09 05:19 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!! I think you will enjoy your Storm. Has a bit of a learning curve but well worth it. My best advice is.... be patient.
    02-19-09 05:46 PM
    Welcome to CB and congratulations on the storm. There is not one set answer for the light leak problem. It seems that some storms have it worse than others and it really isn't anything to worry about. The reason why your screen is clicking loud for you is that it is brand new and needs to be worn in a little. Also you are probably thinking about the click sound when you are pressing the screen. I noticed the clicking sound when I bought my storm on release day and thought that others would notice it while I was using it. I have used the storm for three months now and nobody has complained about the clicking sound and I don't even notice it while using it. But when somebody asks to see me click the screen, both of us notice the clicking. I think the clicking sound is just a psychological thing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 08:23 PM
    Welcome to CB and congratulations on the storm. There is not one set answer for the light leak problem. It seems that some storms have it worse than others and it really isn't anything to worry about. The reason why your screen is clicking loud for you is that it is brand new and needs to be worn in a little. Also you are probably thinking about the click sound when you are pressing the screen. I noticed the clicking sound when I bought my storm on release day and thought that others would notice it while I was using it. I have used the storm for three months now and nobody has complained about the clicking sound and I don't even notice it while using it. But when somebody asks to see me click the screen, both of us notice the clicking. I think the clicking sound is just a psychological thing.

Thanks for the information. So far everything is great. Now I just need to pray I don't get any dust under the screen

02-19-09 10:34 PM
    congrats on finally getting the best phone out man
    02-19-09 11:04 PM
    Hey.

Bought one myself 2 weeks ago and loving it... and loving this site. I will be on here alot i can see it LOL. Anyways welcome buddy!
    02-20-09 06:00 PM
    Welcome to the site! I'm a newbie here myself too. I have had my storm for about 2 weeks now. I am loving it. I love this site too! Everyday I learn something new.
    02-21-09 12:37 AM
    Welcome. Happy Storming.
    02-21-09 01:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD