Just got my new Storm yesterday and have had NO problems at all, very responsive! I am very happy with it! Seems like I got a good one!

Just wanted to let people know that the Storms are improving and when you buy a new one dont just assume you will have to return it multiple times to get a keeper.

Now I just have to learn how to use it! lol
    02-12-09 08:24 PM
    I am glad it is working so well Cross.
    02-12-09 08:25 PM
    I have quite the storm story too, which like yours, ended quite well.

I bought my first storm dec 15th, it had massive issues with dropping calls.
    I went through about 3 more replacements until i received a working model.
    The only problem was the screen click issue, so i used the buisness card method and it seemed fine, as long as it was making calls.

When the dust started to creep under my 500 dollar phones lcd display, i lost it and took it in again.

Now iam on storm #5. Telus is amazing, they have willingly replaced my phone with brand new ones from the dealer. Every time i went in they were sympathetic to my issues. My current model is absolutely perfect in ever manner. The screen clicks very nicely, its incredibly stable on os .103, and never drops calls anymore!

GO STORM!

Just wanted to share my story, i was fed up so many times, but i kept with it and telus really came through.
    02-12-09 08:31 PM
    Quick question...Anyone able to tell me a easier way to edit a typed up text message before I send it? I cant seem to make it go back to a previous word and edit it without just deleting to that point.
    02-12-09 08:36 PM
    just click the screen by the word you want to edit...
    02-12-09 08:41 PM
    Quick question...Anyone able to tell me a easier way to edit a typed up text message before I send it? I cant seem to make it go back to a previous word and edit it without just deleting to that point.
    look in the setup app on your phone under learn how to use the touch screen
    02-12-09 08:51 PM
    You can also touch and hold your finger (don't click) and the blue box will change to an outlined box. Then you can drag your finger to moe the cursor to where you want to start editing. Check the tips and tricks thread for more goodies.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 09:24 PM
    I was looking for the proper place to write this- but I'm with you, cross- I have had my Storm for 2.5 weeks, and I absolutely love it. I have never had a BB before, so I am not used to the famous BB QWERTY experience that those who are longtime BB users miss in the Storm.

I have to say- there are things that do not work exactly right on my device (namely the inconsistent video camera, and the odd occasion that the interface seems slow), but for the most part- my Storm is a really great performing device. Zero dropped calls, stable performance, Zero reboots, not the fastest camera, but bearable...

I deliberately waited a few months before buying one, so that I might get involved with the Storm after some of the hardware and software kinks were worked out. In my opinion- had they released the phone that I have (with the .75 OS, as came on my phone)- there'd be a much different general concensus about the quality and consumer-readiness of the 9530.

I'm still eager for the next software update- but I'd rather they take their time and get it right.

TONY
    02-13-09 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD