Apparently, the battery on a Storm is not suppossed to be hot? VZW Tech said that isn't normal and they are sending me another one on Thursday.

The internet was slow and their was light leak at the top of the screen, but not the sides or bottom.

Now if only we could have an 'official' ROM release....
    01-13-09 06:59 PM
    Are they sending you a new phone or just a battery?
    01-13-09 07:08 PM
    Sounds like you got a normal one in good working condition.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 07:15 PM
    Sounds like you got a normal one in good working condition.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    LOL!

Yup!
    01-13-09 07:18 PM
    Yeah, that's what I thought too, but how can I resist the possibility of the new one being better than my present one?
    01-13-09 08:19 PM
    How hot was your battery?
    01-13-09 09:47 PM
    I doubt you are getting a brand new one....

Refurbs are going out from now on.
    01-13-09 10:15 PM
    Yeah, that's what I thought too, but how can I resist the possibility of the new one being better than my present one?
    By realizing that that a re-boxed return is more likely....
    01-14-09 12:35 AM
    I doubt you are getting a brand new one....

Refurbs are going out from now on.
    I wouldn't be SO sure, I had to (reluctantly) order a replacement the other day since my phone stopped clicking on the lower half near the buttons, and while I was told to expect a refurb and to keep my battery and cover, I got a call later that evening telling me that there were no replacements available and that they were sending me an entirely new phone.
    01-14-09 01:51 AM
    I wouldn't be SO sure, I had to (reluctantly) order a replacement the other day since my phone stopped clicking on the lower half near the buttons, and while I was told to expect a refurb and to keep my battery and cover, I got a call later that evening telling me that there were no replacements available and that they were sending me an entirely new phone.
    Well that is just pure luck.

I got a refurb today and I would have kept it, but there was about 12 specs of dust in the middle of the screen.

I mean...who the **** looked over that????

I am getting a new one tomorrow and I do not care if it a refurb...as long as it works how it should, looks how it should, and is dust-free, I will be happy.
    01-14-09 02:21 AM
    I was told by tech support it would be new, I am within my 30 days, so it is supposed to be new.

As for the battery, I didn't think it was very hot, but tech support said it shouldn't be warm at all. Let's see what they send me....
    01-14-09 05:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD