Please help...

I have taken delivery of my new Storm 9500 yesterday, and am coming to grips with the touchscreen and so on. Pleased with it, except for one thing.....

When I hold the phone up portrait I have a "media player" toolbar/keypad - that has play/pause, stop, rewind to end and fast forward to end. It's there all the time, and obstructs half the keyboard when I'm trying to type texts etc.

Can anyone tell me how I get rid of this toolbar at the foot of the screen. The touchscreen buttons on this toolbar do nothing unless the media application is open - it does not move either, always along the foot of the screen (or the righthand side if I flip phone onto landscape mode). When media player IS open, the bottoms on this toolbar DO work, and when I then tip phone onto landscape mode, I have 2 toolbars - one along the right and one along the bottom.

Does this make sense ?

Please help, as I've tried everything... I am beginning to wonder if it's a fault on the phone...

Melanie
    05-13-09 05:48 AM
    Wot firmware are you on? BBKey > Options > About > 3 lines down
    05-13-09 06:40 AM
    Wot firmware are you on? BBKey > Options > About > 3 lines down
    Unless she's already leaked then it must be .78 if it's new?
    05-13-09 07:58 AM
    Unless she's already leaked then it must be .78 if it's new?
    9500 Vodafone official firmware is now .141 though. Thats why I was asking her.
    05-13-09 10:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD