Hi everyone

I've lurked these forums for a long time and have always found the answers to any questions I've had.

After having multiple problems with my 9630 Tour and going through 2 FRU's with Verizon, the CSR offered to swap my device for a Storm 2. While I enjoyed the Tour and thought it was a great phone despite the issues, I thought it would be nice to try something new.

Anyway just wanted some feedback and advice on things I should do with the Storm 2 when I receive it and what are "must haves" for the phone. As I said I am new to the Storm series (never even held one) and also touch screen phones.

Thanks to any and all responses.

- Valhalla

Previous BB's: 8703e, Curve 8330, Tour 9630
    08-06-10 03:18 AM
    WELCOME to the Storm2 family! I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine. What O/S 5 did you get? I really like MeterBerry for monitoring the device and also for "restarts" after adding or deleting programs. Also an app for updating the Calendar icon is nice too, showing you the current date, rather than "31" all the time. And, of course, you want to install the CrackBerry mobile icon so you can click on it and get straight to CB!
    08-06-10 06:47 AM
    Welcome.
    1. Upgrade to the latest OS version if not done already.
    2. Transfer your info from Tour using the latest DM.
    3. Download apps you want but try them one at a time (a good number of apps are poorly made and can slow the device or cause problems)
    4. Recommend apps (I ONLY use free apps :-)) Poynt, Weatherbug, Google apps (search, voice, maps, sync - if you use Google products), Opera Mini, Pandora, Viigo. There are others, explore and enjoy.
    08-06-10 07:08 AM
    Welcome to the DARK side, bwahahahahahaha
    08-06-10 07:28 AM
    Get used to the SureType keyboard in portrait mode. It I'd very effective once You get the hang of it.

Carefully select the themes. Most of the time the built in theme is more efficient and keeps the device stable. Try and get used to it, the std. Zen theme allows to select how many rows you want to have shown on the screen (1, 2 or 3) and the clock/connections hotspots are easier to hit compared to most custom themes.

Despite this I'm running a custom theme myself since the new os6 icons became available.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-10 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD