I know they re released the new storm 2's with the new sensors, but I can not find anywhere to tell me how to identify if you have a newer storm 2.

Someone please point me in the right direction.

Thanks
    05-04-10 08:42 PM
    Look under the battery: the big sticker with three barcodes: below the last barcode, there should be either a six digit number or a three digit alphanumeric code.

What does yours say?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-10 09:06 PM
    Look under the battery: the big sticker with three barcodes: below the last barcode, there should be either a six digit number or a three digit alphanumeric code.

What does yours say?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i think the code is 120410. on my original storm the code is 2C9.
    05-04-10 09:22 PM
    Your new one has the "improved" screen hardware.
    05-04-10 11:19 PM
    Why bother? If you are on the phone and the screen blanks out, you have the new hardware. The sensors detect proximity to the phone during calls and blank out so you won't accidently hang up or whatever.
    05-05-10 10:59 AM
    Why bother? If you are on the phone and the screen blanks out, you have the new hardware. The sensors detect proximity to the phone during calls and blank out so you won't accidently hang up or whatever.
    All S2's do that!

I have one from the 1st week it went out and that's how the in-call proximity sensor works.
    05-05-10 11:08 AM
    All S2's have done this since launch.
    05-05-10 11:11 AM
    I know they re released the new storm 2's with the new sensors, but I can not find anywhere to tell me how to identify if you have a newer storm 2.

Someone please point me in the right direction.
    Here you go. A little searching goes a long way
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/he...k-like-434473/
    05-05-10 11:11 AM
    correct me if i am wrong but i think there is an easier way. The new ones have one solid piece of glass including the screen and bottom buttons where as my original storm 2 had a seam between the screen and bottom buttons.
    05-05-10 11:14 AM
    correct me if i am wrong but i think there is an easier way. The new ones have one solid piece of glass including the screen and bottom buttons where as my original storm 2 had a seam between the screen and bottom buttons.
    I believe you are referring to the Storm 1 (buttons separate from screen) versus the Storm 2 (single piece of glass over screen and "buttons").
    05-05-10 11:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD