Hi Guys,

I've just bought myself a Storm as an impulse buy to replace my tired pearl8210 I've learnt loads from the tip/tricks on here thank you. One thing i can't seem to find is how to get my email/SMS alerts to give more than one beep on the pearl i had a choice of one beep up to 10 beeps i think. I work in quite noisy places and won't always hear one and rarely feel the vibrate function when i tried that instead. Any ideas?

The phone is taking some getting used to and i'm pretty happy with it overall it even synced with my mac first time
    My next question is do Blackberry do a longer pouch for it? The pouch that came with mine leaves the earpiece/camera protruding my pearl case covers a lot more.
    Thanks for any help guys love this place so much to learn
    03-27-09 03:44 AM
    Good question, im not too sure if you can have multiple beeps/alerts on the storm, cant work it out myself, hopefully somebody can shed light on this??

yes, RIM and various other manufacturers offer far better holsters for the storm than the pouch that comes in the box, have a look at the crackberry store or even eBay, there's a large range available on both sites
    03-27-09 03:56 AM

yes, RIM and various other manufacturers offer far better holsters for the storm than the pouch that comes in the box, have a look at the crackberry store or even eBay, there's a large range available on both sites
    Had a look even bought a Beyzacase but i don't really like it

1. No sleep magnet
    2. it looks like a generic case one size fits all doesn't fit the storm too well IMO

I quite liked the blackberry case for my pearl and the storm one would be perfect if it was half an inch longer (that half inch makes all the difference according to the mrs )
    I prefer the pouch type case as i'm not really a fan of wearing my phone on my belt prefer it tucked away in a pocket so i guess what i'm after is the same case just a bit longer sleep magnet is a must after so long using my pearl case i forget to lock it. Any suggestions welcome
    03-27-09 04:14 AM
    I got one of the generic large sized smart phone pouches from the Verizon store and it actually fits the storm really well. Its even got little openings for the head phones so I can clip it on and listen to music while I'm walking and whatnot.
    03-27-09 04:21 AM
    For cases I use a siedio spring clip holster. I found the setting you are looking for, from the homescreen click on sounds, then messages, then sms, and change the vibration setting to custom this will open up the setting you are looking for you can do it for mms and email too if you want.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 04:27 AM
    For cases I use a siedio spring clip holster. I found the setting you are looking for, from the homescreen click on sounds, then messages, then sms, and change the vibration setting to custom this will open up the setting you are looking for you can do it for mms and email too if you want.

Cheers that only increases the times it vibrates for me i'm after a way to make it beep/alert a couple of time rather than just 1
    03-27-09 04:31 AM
    Oops I forgot a step after you click sounds, scroll down to set ringtones/alerts!

03-27-09 04:32 AM
    Hi Guys,

I've just bought myself a Storm as an impulse buy to replace my tired pearl8210 I've learnt loads from the tip/tricks on here thank you. One thing i can't seem to find is how to get my email/SMS alerts to give more than one beep on the pearl i had a choice of one beep up to 10 beeps i think. I work in quite noisy places and won't always hear one and rarely feel the vibrate function when i tried that instead. Any ideas?
    I'm not aware of any setting to increase the number of beeps but you could upload a sound clip of however many beeps you want and set that as your notification for email/sms.

03-27-09 04:35 AM
    I've found that setting the vibrate function to short and repeat ten times means I rarely miss the vibration. The repeated short. Bursts catch my attention every time.

03-27-09 06:20 AM
    I do recall finding an app that supposedly extended the vibrations over the course of your assigned ring tones... Perhaps that would do the trick. I have to apologize though for not remembering the name of the app...
    There was also one that kept the alert light blinking until you acknowledged the alert on you screen... Alas I don't remember that one either. I was only window shopping at the time and those apps sounded cool enough to remember what they did, just not what they were called...
    Last edited by ruph_haus; 03-27-09 at 09:48 AM.
    03-27-09 09:41 AM
    Cheers for the help guys i've just started using a one of the Alarm alerts they beep a couple of times and are seemingly doing the job so i'll just see how that goes. Next problem i've noticed a couple of times when i open a new email in portrait mode and turn to switch to landscape mode it brings up the home screen instead of the email Anyone else having this issue? Not a major problem just a little annoying. Erm i think that's it for now Thanks for your help guys
    03-27-09 12:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD