If you are in a chat with a Verizon customer, you will get the phone number to show up in "Callback Number" window. If you highlight this number and the number is already linked to a contact in your address book and hit Send, you get a prompt of Call "Name of Contact". If you hit Call, you then get prompted which number (if the contact has more then one entry for numbers). Humm, that's weird, I could have sworn I wanted to just call the number in the callback field and not get asked what number for the contact I wanted to call. Regardless of this, if you hit ESC/Back on either the first Call "Name of Contact" screen or the subsequent Call (which number) screen, the phone still dials the contact on the number that showed up in the Callback Number field. Kinda stupid, don't you think?

Here's the issue, the callback number field is fracking useless because it causes these problems when you want to call it and then if even asks which number to call from the contact... wtf... isn't it clear that if I highlight the Callback Number field I'd want the phone to just blindly call that number, don't check my address book, just CALL IT!!! That's the point behind this field, is it not?

Also, this is a useless field because again, you can easily pick Menu/Call each number listed in the address book for the contact (if they are listed in your address book) without all the fuss of the BS listed above.

To add even more gas to this fire, if you're talking to someone on Verizon who's number in not in your address book and you highlight the Callback Number field and hit Send, you get a window that prompts Call "Callback Number" or Call "555-555-5555" Seriously? It's the same fracking thing!!! Why would you need to prompt for that? Callback number IS THE SAME as the number listed by itself on that prompt screen.

In closing, RIM's ******** and VZW flat out DOESN'T test their OSs properly before release.
    10-27-09 11:59 AM
    i totally agree with you civic.lame,just lame...
    10-27-09 12:08 PM
    the ability to call from the SMS screen has always been broken on the storm...they just changed the way it looks and made it more complicated, and more broken than before.

you can't highlight the "from" number/caller ID info in the old SMS format, and now with the new SMS format, you can't highlight individual SMS messages, or delete anything older than a particular date....it's a chat, so you delete the chat, or you don't delete anything

also, if you have a contact with a phone number, and you link the BBM info to the contact, their SMS messages show up in BBM now...AND in SMS...
    10-27-09 12:56 PM
    I disagree patches. Under OS4.7, you could always tap to highlight a number in the SMS header of a message and hit Send and it would call that number without further prompts. If the person in the header of the SMS message was someone you already had in your address book (i.e. a name would show up instead of the 10 digit number), you could still tap the name and hit Send to call them but no blue highlight would show up when you did this, even though the name would truly be selected.

RIM shot back some text about the above funtions for ALL Blackberries in OS4.7 and below being "by design" as the info in the header (i.e. number) wouldn't need to be selectable UNLESS it was a number because you didn't need to make use of the Copy or Add to Address Book Menu functions if the contact number was already known (i.e. Contact Name shows intead of number). The bonehead part of this is they blantly put the blinders on and said... we just need the highlight for the use of Copy or Add To Address Book functions, and not more specifically for "Visual cues for the user to know what they're selecting, even if certain Menu functions won't be needed to be used".

This is my biggest gripe with RIM, they limit "possiblities" of how the user might want to use the UI. They lay out a trail and tell you to follow it, but the UI is so much more capable that people want to go a different direction because the functionality really is there, but the implementation is just stupified. I think the break happens because UI design is not working closely enough with UI implemenation on the programmers side. Because of the nature of some of the code they write, additional functions are inherently build into the UI for certain functions, but the UI design team don't go back and make small modifications to their capability list to allow for these inherent capabilties and hence, they don't get it why people want a highlight on the header info in an SMS "regardless" of if it's a name or number.
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 10-27-09 at 01:06 PM.
    10-27-09 01:00 PM
    also, if you have a contact with a phone number, and you link the BBM info to the contact, their SMS messages show up in BBM now...AND in SMS...
    In addition, if you add SMS users to BBM, and then proceed to send a group message to BBM and SMS users, BBM doesn't know how to handle the responses from those users. The "grouping" is lost when the reply comes in and doesn't apply the reply to both users, only the user that replied, therefore breaking the group and rendering it useless. Maybe there is no way to apply the reply to the "group" but just wanted to point it out.
    10-27-09 01:02 PM
    you're right, however the fact that we had so many people starting threads about "how do i call from the SMS screen?" should show that it was an issue...it impacted plenty of people. and the only response any of us could give them was "it doesn't highlight, you just have to know"

that's pretty broken IMO. but, it's even MORE broken now like i said.
    10-27-09 01:08 PM
    Sigh... It's just more useless additions that lack function & the option to be turned off. I'm really scratching my head over verizon's decision to make this official. Well, actually not really - the release of the storm2 w/in two days is no coincidence. I really hope that verizon released 328 just to get an OS 5 out there around the storm2 release, knowing that they would be releasing mr4 soon after.

But I question whether verizon did this knowing it was buggy, to try to get some of the early adopters to jump on the storm2 bandwagon.

But what I'm really afraid of is whether verizon released 328 because they are losing faith in RIM's ability to put out an OS that's any better. It's been a year, & this is the best that they can come up with? Either not enough time is devoted due to the multitude of devices that they have to develop for, or this painfully dated java os has finally hit the wall.

I'm probably in the minority, but once again I switched back to 167 w/o screen transitions. I've run every OS to know that, despite what people say (e.g., "328 is 1000 times faster than 4.7"), the speed difference is negligible. Flick scroll is a novelty & is still buggy, & honestly becomes more of an impediment to me after using it for a few days. Threaded sms is done much better by 3rd party apps, which will only work on 4.7. I'll admit that the native browser is faster on 5.0, but that matters not to me b/c I use opera almost exclusively - which is another reason why I switched to 4.7 - not being able to use mini in socket mode on 5.0 is a huge drawback. On top of all of the other bugs, I simply cannot understand the screen dim when orientation switches to landscape. I don't care if it's not noticeable if you turn your backlight % down - for a phone that is meant to rotate, this is inexcusable.

And speaking of orientation, it's about d*mn time RIM implemented the ability to switch orientation manually. I do not know what I would do without stoptilt. When orientation is still buggy after a year, & just about the first entry to everyone's findings of a new OS discusses orientation, there is clearly a problem. No other full touchscreen phone (not even running windows mobile) has orientation issues like this, and all of them either manage orientation much better, or give the option to rotate the screen manually. When every critic of this phone mentions this problem, how the h*ll do you neglect it for a year?

And those screen transitions? Honestly, sometimes I want to vomit when looking at them. I'll never forget when they were first implemented in 151, howarmat said they looked like bad powerpoint transitions. At first I found it funny, but now I find it sickening that from 151 to 328, they still look cheesy as all h*ll. And of course, in true RIM fashion, there is no option to turn them off. I don't like transitions at all, not even when they work properly, as on the iphone. To me, it's just another time-wasting novelty that wears off after five minutes. And just b/c the iphone has it, you do not need to copy it, RIM - especially when your best effort to do so shows the utter age & shortcomings of your dying os. Not even lazaridis's mother could love these transitions.

And the best new features implemented in os 5, key ghosting & keyboard popups, are now gone. Why, RIM, B/c they were buggy? Since when does a newly added feature/change that is buggy stop you from continuing to implement it in its buggy state? At least you could turn these features off (what a grand idea!).

In addition to the new call back number intruding on screen real estate in sms conversations, what's the deal with not being able to remove the header band, or significantly decrease its size? I use small fonts, & there was hardly any room left for the actual conversation, so I can't imagine what it was like for people using anything over size 8. And do I have to have a picture of the contact at all times within that window? All that photo does is take up room. You can create an image smaller than the standard thumbnail size, which does decrease the header size, but not to the degree that I would like to. And since you cannot just turn off the contact image w/in a conversation, if you want to use a smaller image to decrease the header, you have to do it for every contact.

And this new compression of images when not zoomed in is such a strange move on RIM's part, if it was intentional. Did they do it to decrease the load times? If not, why the h*ll would they? I'm not even big on pictures, & in fact I didn't even look at one until someone started a thread regarding this topic, but that just does not seem acceptable. My roommate's iphone still loads pictures faster without compressing them.

But I digress...

EDIT: sorry, civic, did not mean to hijack your thread. Started complaining about something & I guess I couldn't stop. I'm just so frustrated with the state of RIM's os development at this point. I don't know about you guys, but after 5 years of being a devoted blackberry user, I'm switching to something else when my contract ends shortly, as much as it pains me to say it. RIM needs to realize the shift in the market & demand, & at some point realize that this java os has run its course. How many more band-aids can they put on this flesh wound? Sigh...
    Last edited by jostrat21; 10-27-09 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Didn't realize how long this rant really was
    10-27-09 01:16 PM
    Wahh Wahhh Wahhhhhhhhhh
    Sorry Civic, but all your posts lately have been complaining. If you are not happy with your phone, trade it in for something else.
    10-27-09 01:27 PM
    I have to agree with all of you, RIM has turned SMS in to all bun and squashed meat. Thank god they didnt do it to the email too! I don't need smiley faces, RIM I'm not a twittertwerp, I don't need aol'ish garbage on my screen, make it a menu option. and I don't need all the boxing along with the callback. Just give me a clean clear text field so I can read more than one or two lines at a time max. And yes, how this along with the dimming bug ever got by their god like testers is beyond me. I don't want to ever hear anyone using RIM or VZW's TA as a excuse for anything anymore. Believe it or not, outside of those two issues, I love the heck outta my storm, not even sure if I'll run and get the new one since I like this one so much. Still the best dang phone there is out there and yes, os 5 is good with the exception of SMS texting and the landscape dim bug.
    10-27-09 01:36 PM
    Sorry Civic, but all your posts lately have been complaining. If you are not happy with your phone, trade it in for something else.
    I guess you're too stupid to understand that I'm simply reporting my findings on these bugs. If we don't do it, RIM/VZW won't be made aware of them to fix them in future releases. If you don't like it, don't read the threads.

I'm sorry for blatantly calling you stupid, but how can you not see the purpose behind these posts? What's next, you'll say the same thing about the "Findings and Fixes" threads? Come on man, I know you're smarter then this.
    10-27-09 01:38 PM
    I guess you're too stupid to understand that I'm simply reporting my findings on these bugs. If we don't do it, RIM/VZW won't be made aware of them to fix them in future releases. If you don't like it, don't read the threads.

I'm sorry for blatantly calling you stupid, but how can you not see the purpose behind these posts? What's next, you'll say the same thing about the "Findings and Fixes" threads? Come on man, I know you're smarter then this.
    There is a place for that: BlackBerry - Storm Help - BlackBerry Storm 9530 Support

And there is a difference between reporting issues and whining about them. You whine about them.
    10-27-09 01:41 PM
    I have to agree with all of you, RIM has turned SMS in to all bun and squashed meat. Thank god they didnt do it to the email too! I don't need smiley faces, RIM I'm not a twittertwerp, I don't need aol'ish garbage on my screen, make it a menu option. and I don't need all the boxing along with the callback. Just give me a clean clear text field so I can read more than one or two lines at a time max. And yes, how this along with the dimming bug ever got by their god like testers is beyond me. I don't want to ever hear anyone using RIM or VZW's TA as a excuse for anything anymore. Believe it or not, outside of those two issues, I love the heck outta my storm, not even sure if I'll run and get the new one since I like this one so much. Still the best dang phone there is out there and yes, os 5 is good with the exception of SMS texting and the landscape dim bug.
    Agreed, I think RIM's made very good advancements in the current OS5.x versions. However, the truth remains that they still need a big helping hand in streamline design. I have a feeling some "non-savvy" people are involved in some of the development work at that company. It happens with all companies, they just need some more passionate people in place to help weed out all these issues and they also need to continue to listen to the community as we are all here to help them, despite the contant bickering and complaining. We tend to voice our frustrations in "direct manners", but in the end, we all want the same thing... an advanced platform we can all be proud of.
    10-27-09 01:42 PM
    There is a place for that: BlackBerry - Storm Help - BlackBerry Storm 9530 Support

And there is a difference between reporting issues and whining about them. You whine about them.
    Hey, the sqeeky wheel gets the grease.
    10-27-09 01:45 PM
    Sigh... It's just more useless additions that lack function & the option to be turned off. I'm really scratching my head over verizon's decision to make this official. Well, actually not really - the release of the storm2 w/in two days is no coincidence. I really hope that verizon released 328 just to get an OS 5 out there around the storm2 release, knowing that they would be releasing mr4 soon after.

But I question whether verizon did this knowing it was buggy, to try to get some of the early adopters to jump on the storm2 bandwagon.

But what I'm really afraid of is whether verizon released 328 because they are losing faith in RIM's ability to put out an OS that's any better. It's been a year, & this is the best that they can come up with? Either not enough time is devoted due to the multitude of devices that they have to develop for, or this painfully dated java os has finally hit the wall.

I'm probably in the minority, but once again I switched back to 167 w/o screen transitions. I've run every OS to know that, despite what people say (e.g., "328 is 1000 times faster than 4.7"), the speed difference is negligible. Flick scroll is a novelty & is still buggy, & honestly becomes more of an impediment to me after using it for a few days. Threaded sms is done much better by 3rd party apps, which will only work on 4.7. I'll admit that the native browser is faster on 5.0, but that matters not to me b/c I use opera almost exclusively - which is another reason why I switched to 4.7 - not being able to use mini in socket mode on 5.0 is a huge drawback. On top of all of the other bugs, I simply cannot understand the screen dim when orientation switches to landscape. I don't care if it's not noticeable if you turn your backlight % down - for a phone that is meant to rotate, this is inexcusable.

And speaking of orientation, it's about d*mn time RIM implemented the ability to switch orientation manually. I do not know what I would do without stoptilt. When orientation is still buggy after a year, & just about the first entry to everyone's findings of a new OS discusses orientation, there is clearly a problem. No other full touchscreen phone (not even running windows mobile) has orientation issues like this, and all of them either manage orientation much better, or give the option to rotate the screen manually. When every critic of this phone mentions this problem, how the h*ll do you neglect it for a year?

And those screen transitions? Honestly, sometimes I want to vomit when looking at them. I'll never forget when they were first implemented in 151, howarmat said they looked like bad powerpoint transitions. At first I found it funny, but now I find it sickening that from 151 to 328, they still look cheesy as all h*ll. And of course, in true RIM fashion, there is no option to turn them off. I don't like transitions at all, not even when they work properly, as on the iphone. To me, it's just another time-wasting novelty that wears off after five minutes. And just b/c the iphone has it, you do not need to copy it, RIM - especially when your best effort to do so shows the utter age & shortcomings of your dying os. Not even lazaridis's mother could love these transitions.

And the best new features implemented in os 5, key ghosting & keyboard popups, are now gone. Why, RIM, B/c they were buggy? Since when does a newly added feature/change that is buggy stop you from continuing to implement it in its buggy state? At least you could turn these features off (what a grand idea!).

In addition to the new call back number intruding on screen real estate in sms conversations, what's the deal with not being able to remove the header band, or significantly decrease its size? I use small fonts, & there was hardly any room left for the actual conversation, so I can't imagine what it was like for people using anything over size 8. And do I have to have a picture of the contact at all times within that window? All that photo does is take up room. You can create an image smaller than the standard thumbnail size, which does decrease the header size, but not to the degree that I would like to. And since you cannot just turn off the contact image w/in a conversation, if you want to use a smaller image to decrease the header, you have to do it for every contact.

And this new compression of images when not zoomed in is such a strange move on RIM's part, if it was intentional. Did they do it to decrease the load times? If not, why the h*ll would they? I'm not even big on pictures, & in fact I didn't even look at one until someone started a thread regarding this topic, but that just does not seem acceptable. My roommate's iphone still loads pictures faster without compressing them.

But I digress...

EDIT: sorry, civic, did not mean to hijack your thread. Started complaining about something & I guess I couldn't stop. I'm just so frustrated with the state of RIM's os development at this point. I don't know about you guys, but after 5 years of being a devoted blackberry user, I'm switching to something else when my contract ends shortly, as much as it pains me to say it. RIM needs to realize the shift in the market & demand, & at some point realize that this java os has run its course. How many more band-aids can they put on this flesh wound? Sigh...
    I agree with everything above. I use this device mainly as an SMS device and after this new OS upgrade, it makes me angry to use it. It is cumbersome, at best, and lacks the functionality and ease-of-use of earlier OS's.

I will be going back to .167.
    I will also be going to the Verizon store and looking at another phone.
    I've had enough of this. I don't have time in my day to be "experimenting" with buggy "official" OS's that make my phone act like a broken toy.
    10-27-09 01:49 PM
    Another thing that's kind of limited us in a way due to the new Threaded SMS views is the ability to go and delete a range of old SMSs from the past. In the past I'd always keep certain SMSs from certain people because they had info I need in them, so those SMSs would always be at the bottom of my list. I'd simply scroll to above them and delete from there up with multi-select. Now, because the SMSs are grouped "per user", I can't easily do that anymore. It's thrown off my basic/linear grouping of SMSs based on date alone. Again, just complicating the UI then anything else.
    10-27-09 01:56 PM
    That's what everyone was ******** for though. "we want threaded SMS like the iphone. Its just better!"

No, its just dumbed down. Simpletons are ruining my BlackBerry!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 02:00 PM
    it's even MORE broken now like i said.
    That part, I agree with. How hard is it to just put an entry in the bb menu w/in the conversation &/or in the bb menu when highlighting the conversation? I will say this, though - if RIM addressed this solely b/c a few people couldn't figure it out, then they are pandering to the wrong group of BB users.

If my mother can figure this out on her own, then the people who are on crackberry sure as sh*t should be able to. It's clear based on the exponential increase in thread topics (mostly redundant) & based on the nature of the topics (mostly questions that have already been answered 1000x over), that the introduction of the storm brought a younger, less intelligent, & more impatient/non-DIY crop of people to the blackberry community. But how hard is it to figure out or research how to call back a number from a new contact's sms (unless you're Walt Mossberg's dumb*ss)? If you can't, how hard is it to (gasp!) just remember the number to dial? Seriously, RIM has much bigger things to worry about with os 5.

And the fact that their solution was to have the call back field stare you in the face is such overkill. What's next, messages all over the place (that can't be turned off) telling you how to do basic functions? Something as easy as this should be reserved for the manual or setup wizard.
    10-27-09 02:05 PM

So according to you CB is not the place to discuss issues/flaws/bugs for blackberries? What are we supposed to do? Sit around and suck RIM's fat one? That hardly seems productive. And I can tell you that this site is about 800 times more productive at finding issues, and funding a work around or fix for the issues. Well, in my opinion anyway. But who am I to have a different opinion than you, right? Guess that means I'm really an iphone fanboi or a troll or something.

And yes, as soon as android is available I'm bailing as fast as humanly possible. I'm tired of these blatantly overlooked issues, and I'm putting my money where my mouth is. RIM won't get another dime from me after the ERIS is released. It'll take a brand new browser and a brand new OS to get be back.

10-27-09 02:07 PM
    That part, I agree with. How hard is it to just put an entry in the bb menu w/in the conversation &/or in the bb menu when highlighting the conversation? I will say this, though - if RIM addressed this solely b/c a few people couldn't figure it out, then they are pandering to the wrong group of BB users.

If my mother can figure this out on her own, then the people who are on crackberry sure as sh*t should be able to. It's clear based on the exponential increase in thread topics (mostly redundant) & based on the nature of the topics (mostly questions that have already been answered 1000x over), that the introduction of the storm brought a younger, less intelligent, & more impatient/non-DIY crop of people to the blackberry community. But how hard is it to figure out or research how to call back a number from a new contact's sms (unless you're Walt Mossberg's dumb*ss)? If you can't, how hard is it to (gasp!) just remember the number to dial? Seriously, RIM has much bigger things to worry about with os 5.

And the fact that their solution was to have the call back field stare you in the face is such overkill. What's next, messages all over the place (that can't be turned off) telling you how to do basic functions? Something as easy as this should be reserved for the manual or setup wizard.
    That's the confusing thing. I don't think this was an idea from RIM. The Callback Number field only seems to show up for people on your same carrier (i.e. non-Verizon numbers don't show up in that field). So, I have a feeling this was some kind of dumb request from Verizon themselves.
    10-27-09 02:09 PM

And yes, as soon as android is available I'm bailing as fast as humanly possible. I'm tired of these blatantly overlooked issues, and I'm putting my money where my mouth is. RIM won't get another dime from me after the ERIS is released. It'll take a brand new browser and a brand new OS to get be back.

Amen, Brother. I'll be right in line, behind you.
    10-27-09 02:10 PM
    Another thing that's kind of limited us in a way due to the new Threaded SMS views is the ability to go and delete a range of old SMSs from the past.
    Which is mind-boggling to me b/c this is so easy to do with 3rd party threaded sms apps. That, on top of how much easier it is to save/forward conversations with those 3rd party apps than it is natively.

That's what everyone was ******** for though. "we want threaded SMS like the iphone. Its just better!"

No, its just dumbed down. Simpletons are ruining my BlackBerry!
    I agree & disagree. I was in the camp that wanted threaded sms from the get-go, after seeing how well it worked on palm devices. But my needs were met on my 8330 when bbtext2im came out. While there were a lot of people clamoring for threaded sms, I think that function was actually warranted.

Threaded sms is not a dumbed down version pre-OS 5 sms. What if crackberry forum's were setup the same way, you know, without threads? While a weak analogy, I admit, I cannot see how an organized means of conversations, separated by contact, is a "dumbed down" version of the older, cluttered system. The problem is that, like everything else RIM's doing lately, they muck it up. There is still a lot to be desired. I find it odd (or maybe, the way things are going, I don't anymore) how bad RIM could be at programming threaded sms when there are so many examples of how to do it well that have been out there for years.
    10-27-09 02:16 PM
    That's the confusing thing. I don't think this was an idea from RIM. The Callback Number field only seems to show up for people on your same carrier (i.e. non-Verizon numbers don't show up in that field). So, I have a feeling this was some kind of dumb request from Verizon themselves.
    You very well may be right... I don't know what makes me more uncomfortable, though, whether verizon could convince them to do this, or if RIM could oversee a bug that blatant (assuming they wanted to do it for every number).

I needed this thread today... so frustrating...
    10-27-09 02:20 PM
    Which is mind-boggling to me b/c this is so easy to do with 3rd party threaded sms apps. That, on top of how much easier it is to save/forward conversations with those 3rd party apps than it is natively.

I agree & disagree. I was in the camp that wanted threaded sms from the get-go, after seeing how well it worked on palm devices. But my needs were met on my 8330 when bbtext2im came out. While there were a lot of people clamoring for threaded sms, I think that function was actually warranted.

Threaded sms is not a dumbed down version pre-OS 5 sms. What if crackberry forum's were setup the same way, you know, without threads? While a weak analogy, I admit, I cannot see how an organized means of conversations, separated by contact, is a "dumbed down" version of the older, cluttered system. The problem is that, like everything else RIM's doing lately, they muck it up. There is still a lot to be desired. I find it odd (or maybe, the way things are going, I don't anymore) how bad RIM could be at programming threaded sms when there are so many examples of how to do it well that have been out there for years.
    I think the issue here is that the whole SMS core wasn't rewritten to properly do it right. All they did was reorganize the text based info into a new database and then simply display it within a new UI change. The original core design wasn't changed or rewritten, so the age old issues cropped up again and in even more pronounced fashion. It think this is really the root of a lot of RIM OS development issues. They've never rewritten the interface or structure of it from release to release. All they do is take the same old database/info structures of the past BBs (even as far back as the first ones) and just rearrange the way they display it to us. In some ways, this can work, but in others, this won't work. The big issues however is that some of these limitations come from the overall design of the BB platform and the backend that it runs on. RIM's still basing all of their functions on the base core principal design of years ago and because people want more advanced features in today's market, what proved to be a solid foundation years ago, cannot be molded enough to provide the functionality of today.

It's like trying to fix a broken network for a company piecemeal. Sometimes it's easier to cut your losses and just replace everything or at least every single weakpoint rather then continuing to deal with the core structures. Of course, this can't always be done once you grow past a certain size... which is the problem here.
    10-27-09 02:28 PM

we lost the chronological based features (delete by date specifically), and they stripped the ability to be able to delete individual messages. they don't even highlight, they don't show date/time stamps unless you touch them, same issue in BBM, it bugs me...put a time stamp on the far right of the message, YIM has no problem with it. and RIM wrote that app...

it's just another example of how RIM takes two steps forward, three steps backwards. but to each their own i guess. just further reinforcing my decision to bail
    10-27-09 02:29 PM
    Nods JRS, once again I agree. They have taken something that was actually easy and clear cut to use and well...twitified it, meaning made it utterly useless. Also let me thank you for your post. It was thoughtful and well written. Was pondering posting the same myself. So just to show the RIM/VZW employee Finewolf that we are not all about negativity (j/k). I'll post a few things I really like about my phone.

1. It's the best PHONE I've ever owned in 25 years of having cell phones. First cell I've never had to use full volume on. Big buttons on the dial pad (thank you so much for this, coming from someone who has big fingers). Along with sound quality and volume being excellent, reception is as well. My BB never drops where other phones I've had always do.
    2. It feels solid, not cheap, small, light and plastic.
    3. Screen Screen and Screen! Has a LARGE brilliant screen that is easy to pull off the night stand with out putting your glasses on and read! PS, Hey RIM, screen's are like some other things in life, "can't get too big". Don't be afraid to be the biggest. Just can't have too much of it.
    4. Menu system and OS. Has a standard pattern and logical way of going about things (I know this point can be argued). It just doesnt feel like a hasty app/os thrown together with out some clear thought such as android and webos. Both of which I have seen and frankly they seem cheap and cheesy to me. And yes I know there are a couple bugs, but folks, show me a OS out there that doesnt and a phone that never screws up and I'll show you the perfect wife. Neither exsist!

Lastly, RIM I'm 51, the bottom of the baby boomers. I'm not a twittertwerp, I don't need to hold hands while going to the bathroom. Be careful of codling too much to these kids of the "it's all about me and I'm entitled to everything I haven't earned" generation. It was us ADULTS in the business world that made you what you are. We do not expect BOGO's and everything for free or less than it cost to make. We have MONEY and actually take pride in paying our own way. You don't have to discount your phones for us, just have to listen to us and continue to build quality products. We are not afraid to pay and we can. So again, we dont care about flicking, twitting, smiley faces, fakebook, itsallaboutmyspace and other so called social networking junk. Just give us a product that works as advertised, thats a clean and efficient business tool and we'll gladly give you our money. Bottom line is there are more of us, we have more money and don't think everything should be for free just because we were born on this planet. Market towards us!

Insert aol'ish smiley face here->
    Last edited by netwerks1; 10-27-09 at 02:47 PM.
    10-27-09 02:33 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD