Hello, I'm new to the site. Figured I'd join since I am expecting my First BB Storm today from Verizon wireless.

I'm sure I'll be around the "Beta OS" forum since I like messing with that type of stuff.

I do have one question. What OS are the BB Storms currently shipping with? I'm just curious if I'll have to update right out of the box.

Thank You!
    Last edited by jrod82; 02-12-09 at 10:09 AM.
    02-12-09 09:51 AM
    Welcome Jrod!

They should be shipping with .75 which is the current "supported" OS by Verizon.
    02-12-09 10:13 AM
    Nice to have you Jrod82. They ship with .75 but i strongly recommend you put .99 or .103 both IMO really good.
    02-12-09 10:20 AM
    I've been reading the OS forum today. I was just wondering the potential dangers that may be associated with using "Unofficial" software.

For example, in my PC tinkering days. I would modify my video cards, and other componets with different BIOS settings (BIOS for those that don't know are kinda like a OS for hardware). If there was a problem or I loaded the wrong BIOS it could deem the hardware inoperable and void the warranty pretty much leaving me SOL. Are the same risks associated with loading a unofficial OS to the Storm?

I guess I'm basicly asking what are the risks of upgrading to a Beta OS?
    02-12-09 10:26 AM
    WElcome aboard!! I would upgrade to .103 when you feel comfortable enough to play around. IMO the worst thing that could happen is you might brick your phone if you do something wrong... other then that I dont think there is any real reason not to. but you gotta remember your doing it at your own risk
    02-17-09 09:19 AM
    Welcome to CB jrod and congratulations on your storm. As the others have already stated, OS .103 is a pretty solid build for the storm if you want to use one of the leaked betas. As kuppy already said, the betas could cause your storm to become bricked but there is a tutorial on how to unbrick it on the forums. Also the use of the betas will not effect your warranty in any way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-09 09:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD