You can still add new item if you have chosen a sorting type.

"Add New Shortcut" menu item is available when the Virtual Keypad is shown. It is available doesn't matter what sorting is chosen.

"Add Above Selected" and "Add below Selected" and "Move Selected" however will disappear if you have set the a sorting because they don't have a meaning when the page is already sorting.

ShortcutMe - Testimonials
    ShortcutMe, Fastest BlackBerry Shortcut Application
    Fonware Ltd. - Flash
    True, but the minute you begin scrolling, and an item has been highlighted, you cannot unhighlight an therefore lose the ability to add a shortcut. You have to close and reopen.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. My fault.
    05-12-09 09:44 PM
    Why is there a wifi_toggle in the multiclick config?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-09 10:05 PM
    Why is there a wifi_toggle in the multiclick config?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Because it's for all blackberries and also 9520 storm has wifi
    05-12-09 10:08 PM
    True, but the minute you begin scrolling, and an item has been highlighted, you cannot unhighlight an therefore lose the ability to add a shortcut. You have to close and reopen.

You can "press" the back space key (above ENTER) to get out of navigation mode (Navigation mode is on when an item is highlighted in the main page).

You are right about requesting to see those two menu items in navigation mode. I will, in the next rev, activate those two menu items.

Fonware Ltd. - Flash
    05-13-09 06:46 AM
    Oh i like it! It definitely feels a little odd to watch the bar scroll, but the second i clicked a new one it went right to it, it acted exactly how i would expect it to. If you were to leave it this way i could see you being able to ditch the magnifier, all though i do think its a good idea, maybe you could reverse and make it so scrolling happens in the center and magnifier works on the side...or the single vs double tap suggestion i made.
    It is difficult to show to a new user where to touch for scrolling and where to touch for magnifying. It might get them confused.
    I think I will ditch the magnifier. The way it is now, it is easy to scroll and select an item.

Fonware Ltd. - Flash
    05-13-09 06:53 AM
    It is difficult to show to a new user where to touch for scrolling and where to touch for magnifying. It might get them confused.
    I think I will ditch the magnifier. The way it is now, it is easy to scroll and select an item.

Fonware Ltd. - Flash
    I know, I just don�t like to see time going to waste and knowing that you put time into the magnifier I have tried to come up with ways to still utilize it. I will not deny that your best possible bet is to just remove it and allow users to scroll like on the side, now this is purely cosmetic and does not affect it at all, but would there be a way to change how that bar scroll's? It just feels strange to scroll and watch it sit there... I honestly have no idea how i expect it to react but this one just seems strange. But as I said its 100% cosmetic it does not make it any harder or easier to use. I think the way it scrolls now is perfect and what i was after from the start.

Another cosmetic point is the fact that you can scroll all the way up so you only have 1 bar on the bottom and then all black on the screen but you can�t do the same for a down scroll and that�s what seems right compared to how the program used to work. So yet again if either of things are too much of a pain just ignore my comments because it does not affect how the program is used.
    05-13-09 10:17 AM
    I know, I just don�t like to see time going to waste and knowing that you put time into the magnifier I have tried to come up with ways to still utilize it. I will not deny that your best possible bet is to just remove it and allow users to scroll like on the side, now this is purely cosmetic and does not affect it at all, but would there be a way to change how that bar scroll's? It just feels strange to scroll and watch it sit there... I honestly have no idea how i expect it to react but this one just seems strange. But as I said its 100% cosmetic it does not make it any harder or easier to use. I think the way it scrolls now is perfect and what i was after from the start.

Another cosmetic point is the fact that you can scroll all the way up so you only have 1 bar on the bottom and then all black on the screen but you can�t do the same for a down scroll and that�s what seems right compared to how the program used to work. So yet again if either of things are too much of a pain just ignore my comments because it does not affect how the program is used.
    Decided to release the new version, 3.1.1.0
    It does look similar to V3.1.0.10 without many bugs I found lately and:

In addition, I added the possibility for the user to force ShortcutMe to try different methods to launch a 3rd parth app (existing and future apps).
    This is done by adding the application name in Extra AppName in Common Config. page and add either * or # at the end.

I kept the moving "cursor" the way it was as it is useful when the font is set by the user to very small fonts.

Fonware Ltd. - Flash
    05-13-09 12:55 PM
    Decided to release the new version, 3.1.1.0
    It does look similar to V3.1.0.10 without many bugs I found lately and:

In addition, I added the possibility for the user to force ShortcutMe to try different methods to launch a 3rd parth app (existing and future apps).
    This is done by adding the application name in Extra AppName in Common Config. page and add either * or # at the end.

I kept the moving "cursor" the way it was as it is useful when the font is set by the user to very small fonts.

Fonware Ltd. - Flash
    I will have to go download it =) Now you gotta make an announcement forum =)

And the cursor sounds fine, as I said it doesn't bother me and doesn’t affect how I use it. Just seemed different but otherwise I am very happy =)
    05-13-09 01:01 PM
    Actually how the **** do i download it lol?
    05-13-09 01:07 PM
    05-13-09 01:40 PM
    I saw that i could do that, but i believe next time a free trial comes out it would stop me from downloading it again...I could be wrong.
    05-13-09 01:42 PM

In 3.1.1.0, I added the menu items you requested ("Add New Shortcut" and "Add New Alt Shortcut") for sorting-enabled cases.

Fonware Ltd. - Flash
    05-13-09 01:44 PM
    Love the way it works now!
    05-13-09 01:55 PM
    Free license key for those who beta tested and with their feedback helped to improve ShortcutMe!

I know that license key valued $4.99 doesn't even pay for 10 minutes of your time, but this is at least better than nothing.

To receive a license key, could everyone who made a contribution and wrote a feedback on this thread, please send email to support at fonware dot ca with the following info (use the same email account you used when you offered to be beta tester):

1- CrackBerry User Name
    2- BB PIN
    3- BB Model
    4- BB OS version.

Fonware Ltd. - Flash
    05-13-09 01:57 PM
    Free license key for those who beta tested and with their feedback helped to improve ShortcutMe!

I know that license key valued $4.99 doesn't even pay for 10 minutes of your time, but this is at least better than nothing.

To receive a license key, could everyone who made a contribution and wrote a feedback on this thread, please send email to support at fonware dot ca with the following info (use the same email account you used when you offered to be beta tester):

1- CrackBerry User Name
    2- BB PIN
    3- BB Model
    4- BB OS version.

Fonware Ltd. - Flash

As far as I'm concerned, it is well worth the time. Its not often you get a chance to help work on a program to make it better for everyone. All too often we sit and say "Man, I wish this program would......" By getting the opportunity to provide feedback, we actually get to assist with making it the way we like it........provided the developer concurrs.

Appreciate the opportunity.
    05-13-09 03:20 PM
    agree - the magnafier is a little confusing. I really don't use it - portriat view screws me up. App is great so far - been using it daily.
    05-15-09 10:40 PM
    I bought this app last night,and I must say I really like it. I use it and Quick Launch and my home screen looks so much cleaner.

Nice job,Vijik.
    05-15-09 11:00 PM
    agree - the magnafier is a little confusing. I really don't use it - portriat view screws me up. App is great so far - been using it daily.
    JReek the magnifer was done away with in the latest version =) there is a link to it on the prior page.
    05-16-09 12:25 AM
    just an fyi, whenever i send an email to support, i always get two emails of the same email saying "thank you for contacting us..."
    05-19-09 07:30 PM
    Ok i've been playing around with this since it was released and overall I like it. I use it mostly to speed dial contact because it is a lot quicker than natively in the Storm. One thing i would like to see is when you do a multi-click for us to be able to set the first one to something else than Shortcutme. I use it on both of my left/right buttons and I changed the right button back to BBM because I used it the most but clicking twice is kind of annoying. Seems a little trivial but sometimes when i click twice it doesn't always work and if i have it set to my left one it would be great if I could set the first click on my right one to something else. Hope that makes sense.
    05-19-09 08:43 PM
    More feeback on 3.1.1 - I noticed the 'QW' key is off and the 'W' goes off the key...
    05-19-09 09:00 PM
    i have everything set, but just for clarification, how do u actually delete multiple shortcuts? (i kno u answer this, but i cant seem to figure it out still)
    05-19-09 11:30 PM
    Loving it so far. Is there a way to prevent the keyboard from coming up automatically when you start the SCM? I would prefer to be able to start it if I wanted it, or at least have the option to disable it so that will appease all users.
    05-19-09 11:37 PM
    maybe this is asking too much or just not within the scope or desire of the program, but one thing i have wondered is whether it would be possible to create sort of a hybrid between quicklaunch and shortcutme...

what i mean by that is i love the multi-click ability of shortcutme (it is the reason i currenty choose it over quicklaunch) but the option to just quickly scroll down a list without 'seemingly' opening another program of quicklaunch is very intruiging.

my question/suggestion is would it be possiblt to (since using shortcutme you use both convenience keys for it anyways) to have the option of setting one of the keys to open like it does now on one click, while the option to have the other open a scrolling list without opening a new screen (ala quicklaunch)

like i say, that may be asking too much but i think the first developer to be able to integrate multi-click shortcuts with a scrolling list within the program a user is in (to enable the easier multitasking) is going to have a huge advantage over others
    05-19-09 11:58 PM
    oh, one other question, what kind of "lock" does this app do. If I use the lock in thei app it locks the buttosn on the .141 build and if I just press the top lock button the bottom buttons work..how is your lock diffrent?
    05-20-09 05:49 AM
108 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD