Vijik,

I would also like to see more colors if possible.
    An easy way to delete multiple shortcuts at once would be good. The method described above does not seem to exist for me in version 3.1.0.3
    If you browse to an item on the list that option will be available.

Is there any way you can make a shortcut to any of the message folders, such as saved messages?
    Don't know. Will investigate.

Faster scrolling would be good too.
    Have you tried to play with the sensitivity parameters in the Common Config. page?

An option for a full qwerty keyboard in portrait would be great.
    I am not sure if this helps. Full qwerty in portrait can cause many false key "clicks". That is very unfortunate for a shortcut program as it may launch a wrong application.

Additionally, shortcuts to turn gps and bluetooth on/off would be great if possible.
    Have to investigate about this. I know that RIM API does not have a method for BT on/off.

Thanks. Excellent program.

ShortcutMe - Testimonials
    ShortcutMe, Fastest BlackBerry Shortcut Application
    Fonware Ltd. - Flash
    05-11-09 09:19 PM
    3.1.0.7 is not coming up. I have tried refreshing and emptying the cache..getting 3.1.0.3 still
    05-11-09 09:22 PM
    3.1.0.7 is not coming up. I have tried refreshing and emptying the cache..getting 3.1.0.3 still
    Try now. It should work.
    05-11-09 09:50 PM
    Vijik,

I would also like to see more colors if possible.
    An easy way to delete multiple shortcuts at once would be good. The method described above does not seem to exist for me in version 3.1.0.3

Is there any way you can make a shortcut to any of the message folders, such as saved messages?

Faster scrolling would be good too.

An option for a full qwerty keyboard in portrait would be great.

Additionally, shortcuts to turn gps and bluetooth on/off would be great if possible.

Thanks. Excellent program.
    Yes, I also suggested an ability to edit the skin to suit a persons personal preference. For example, I'm running the HTC theme. It's built around the color green. I would love to change Shortcutme_touch's scheme to green/light green.
    05-11-09 11:37 PM
    In 3.1.0.7 when I select edit a shortcut and make no changes, I am prompted to save changes.

Also, the line that reads "pressed keys will be shown here", when I press the first letter to a single shortcut "(Enter" is displayed and appears cut off.

I have tried the sensitivity parameters, just hoping for a little more speed.
    05-12-09 01:03 AM
    Vijik i am still waiting on a email response, I guess i will send another email.

Just got it.
    Last edited by mentalcase87; 05-12-09 at 09:00 AM.
    05-12-09 08:22 AM
    I love the magnifier, it's a great idea, I can see how it makes things easier. But the 2 things I have noticed is I still feel like I should sort of be able to scroll. Like I should be able to drag my finger along it and possibly see a gray bar and as soon as I release have the magnifier view pop up. This would allow scrolling to still continue as well. I also think my version might be broken...I have no way of deleting shortcuts; I like the newer simpler menu with less clutter.

So now since I have also noticed I can't scroll anymore I recall you saying something earlier, so were you saying you made it so nothing more could fit on the screen if it was filled?

Oh and I just noticed that in landscape mode the phone gets really funky to use, because its the older scrolling style but once you stop the magnifier pops up, when I in vision scrolling I think of where ever my finger is, is what's going to control where the screen goes, not like a trackball style.

Oh also it doesn’t feel right that when the keyboard is popped up and you click the main screen that you get the magnifier view, it feels like it should just drop the keyboard so you can browse what is on this page.
    Last edited by mentalcase87; 05-12-09 at 09:34 AM.
    05-12-09 09:13 AM
    Do you still need testers???
    05-12-09 09:54 AM
    Do you still need testers???
    What the **** is your avatar?
    05-12-09 10:10 AM
    Is there a way to disable the magnifier? It gets kinda annoying to me...
    05-12-09 10:22 AM
    Is there a way to disable the magnifier? It gets kinda annoying to me...
    I wouldn't say we would to disable it but maybe have a way to make it pop up, like we scroll the menu normally by flicking up and down and highlighting whatever we want, and then maybe holding down our finger down to bring up the magnifier.

There really isn’t that much room for error for me, so i would simply be able to click on the app I want the first time and get it right.
    05-12-09 10:39 AM
    In 3.1.0.7 when I select edit a shortcut and make no changes, I am prompted to save changes.

Also, the line that reads "pressed keys will be shown here", when I press the first letter to a single shortcut "(Enter" is displayed and appears cut off.
    Both are bugs. Will remove them soon.

I have tried the sensitivity parameters, just hoping for a little more speed.
    I will see what I can do. But scrolling faster might not be possible as it is limited to how fast Storm can update the screen.

Fonware Ltd. - Flash
    05-12-09 11:31 AM
    Yes, I also suggested an ability to edit the skin to suit a persons personal preference. For example, I'm running the HTC theme. It's built around the color green. I would love to change Shortcutme_touch's scheme to green/light green.
    I have intensionally avoided using the user theme because it, potentially, could get the look of the software strange depending on what not themes are used.
    The drawback of this method is that any new background needs to be part of the program. That means larger and slower program. I want to avoid having slower program if possible.

Fonware Ltd. - Flash
    05-12-09 11:38 AM
    Occasionally the suretype keyboard misbehaves.
    Ex: shortcut "WE". Press QW + ER and I get "no application matches your input".
    Additionally, single letters appear where the current pressed keys show up.

Closing and restarting the application cures this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It is a bug. I am working on it.

Fonware Ltd. - Flash
    05-12-09 12:24 PM
    whats the maximum number of shortcuts u can have? is it only from a - z (minus the overlap letters) and ^a - ^z (minus the overlap letters) or is there another way to add more shortcuts dat i m not aware of?
    05-12-09 12:34 PM
    I love the magnifier, it's a great idea, I can see how it makes things easier. But the 2 things I have noticed is I still feel like I should sort of be able to scroll. Like I should be able to drag my finger along it and possibly see a gray bar and as soon as I release have the magnifier view pop up. This would allow scrolling to still continue as well. I also think my version might be broken...I have no way of deleting shortcuts; I like the newer simpler menu with less clutter.

So now since I have also noticed I can't scroll anymore I recall you saying something earlier, so were you saying you made it so nothing more could fit on the screen if it was filled?

Oh and I just noticed that in landscape mode the phone gets really funky to use, because its the older scrolling style but once you stop the magnifier pops up, when I in vision scrolling I think of where ever my finger is, is what's going to control where the screen goes, not like a trackball style.

Oh also it doesn�t feel right that when the keyboard is popped up and you click the main screen that you get the magnifier view, it feels like it should just drop the keyboard so you can browse what is on this page.

If you use the left and right section of the view screen (screen above virtual keypad) you can navigate trackball style (as before).

However, if you touch the mid section of the view screen the magnifier pops up as it assumes you want to select a shortcut.

This is true both for portrait and landscape mode.

Try this and the magnifier will not be annoying. It pops up only when you need it.

I have to find a way to make it clear without requiring users to read user manual. Any suggestions?

Fonware Ltd. - Flash
    05-12-09 12:51 PM
    whats the maximum number of shortcuts u can have? is it only from a - z (minus the overlap letters) and ^a - ^z (minus the overlap letters) or is there another way to add more shortcuts dat i m not aware of?
    Maximum number of shortcuts in the software is 70 (50 shortcuts and 20 Alt-shortcuts).
    Each shortcut can be defined to have from 1 to 3 chars.

Not sure if I answered your question.

Fonware Ltd. - Flash
    05-12-09 12:59 PM
    If you use the left and right section of the view screen (screen above virtual keypad) you can navigate trackball style (as before).

However, if you touch the mid section of the view screen the magnifier pops up as it assumes you want to select a shortcut.

This is true both for portrait and landscape mode.

Try this and the magnifier will not be annoying. It pops up only when you need it.

I have to find a way to make it clear without requiring users to read user manual. Any suggestions?

Fonware Ltd. - Flash
    Well to be very honest the way the magnifier works is nice, and I feel that since user's can now just press and then click will get a lot more people on the bandwagon, but that the trackball scrolling will push them away, I know I find it annoying to have to trackball scroll on the sides, if that was simply a swipe type scrolling like the phones default os it would be a lot less of a pain, now to make it easier for people it might be easier to make it that if someone scrolls but doesn�t press nothing will happen, then if the user presses in on the screen they will get the magnifier, and if they double press the screen it will skip the magnifier and assume the user pressed the right thing, I mean one of the core features is the ability to press one of the side keys x times for x result. Now I also noticed if you do the trackball type scrolling you now again have the option to remove, it should be for the magnifier as well, and if you decide to take my suggestion with the scroll, single click and double click all those menus would have the same option. But I did find it to be a lot cleaner with the menu displayed as of now without the trackball type scrolling.

As I said I like the magnifier ability and think someone would depend on it, but I don�t think I would ever have a need for it so a double click would work well for me.
    05-12-09 01:30 PM
    In the common config option, I set the shortcuts to sort by app name. When this is selected, you cannot add another shortcut from the home screen (press BB button to bring up options). You have to go back in to common config and then have to unselect "Sort by: App" and then you can add a new shortcut.

This one is actually a little frustrating.
    05-12-09 02:43 PM
    In the common config option, I set the shortcuts to sort by app name. When this is selected, you cannot add another shortcut from the home screen (press BB button to bring up options). You have to go back in to common config and then have to unselect "Sort by: App" and then you can add a new shortcut.

This one is actually a little frustrating.
    You can still add new item if you have chosen a sorting type.

"Add New Shortcut" menu item is available when the Virtual Keypad is shown. It is available doesn't matter what sorting is chosen.

"Add Above Selected" and "Add below Selected" and "Move Selected" however will disappear if you have set the a sorting because they don't have a meaning when the page is already sorting.

Fonware Ltd. - Flash
    05-12-09 03:03 PM
    Made a new version, V3.1.0.8

Changes comparing to V3.10.7:

- Removed the bug where sometimes in Portrait, the keys where still registering in landscape mode (reported by ahistorical)

- Removed a bug that caused "do you want to save changes?" panel even when nothing was changed (reported by ahistorical)

- Changed the menu for Move mode. (When user has selected to move an item, it will not allow using other menu items like Mark Selected, Remove Selected, etc) (reported by 89xx beta testers)

- Fixed the problem with partly printed text: ENTER (reported by ahistorical)

- Some other bugs removed.

Available from the same download link.

Fonware Ltd. - Flash
    05-12-09 04:51 PM
    I am now testing 3.1.0.9 that has the same navigation style as Blackberry OS:

Touch an item will select it.
    Moving finger on the items will move items up and down (not the cursor).
    Moving finger fast will scroll faster.

Hope this one could make everyone happy.

Will soon make it available for OTA download.

Fonware Ltd. - Flash
    05-12-09 09:06 PM
    I am now testing 3.1.0.9 that has the same navigation style as Blackberry OS:

Touch an item will select it.
    Moving finger on the items will move items up and down (not the cursor).
    Moving finger fast will scroll faster.

Hope this one could make everyone happy.

Will soon make it available for OTA download.

Fonware Ltd. - Flash
    Your the man ;-) but don't do away with the magnifier it has its use still!
    05-12-09 09:18 PM
    A new version of ShortcutMe_touch, 3.1.0.9 is available for download from the same download link.

In this version, the trackball style navigation is gone. The right and left side of the screen should behave as a typical menu on Blackberry. The middle part of the view screen is still used to bring up the magnifier.

Try it and let me know what you think.

(In the next version, I might turn the magnifier off totally or maybe make it possible to turn it on or off from the configuration pages)

Fonware Ltd. - Flash
    05-12-09 09:28 PM
    A new version of ShortcutMe_touch, 3.1.0.9 is available for download from the same download link.

In this version, the trackball style navigation is gone. The right and left side of the screen should behave as a typical menu on Blackberry. The middle part of the view screen is still used to bring up the magnifier.

Try it and let me know what you think.

(In the next version, I might turn the magnifier off totally or maybe make it possible to turn it on or off from the configuration pages)

Fonware Ltd. - Flash
    Oh i like it! It definitely feels a little odd to watch the bar scroll, but the second i clicked a new one it went right to it, it acted exactly how i would expect it to. If you were to leave it this way i could see you being able to ditch the magnifier, all though i do think its a good idea, maybe you could reverse and make it so scrolling happens in the center and magnifier works on the side...or the single vs double tap suggestion i made.
    05-12-09 09:39 PM
108 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD