*This thread is for ShortcutMe_Touch beta testers with BlackBerry 95xx*

(ShortcutMe_Touch runs also on 4.7.0.141 and 5.0 series of Blackberry OS)

A new version of ShortcutMe_Touch, 3.1.0.0, the fastest blackberry shortcut application, is developed and it needs some beta testers.
    If you are interested to be one of the first ones to test it send email to support AT fonware dot ca
    Please specify what BB model you have,
    What BlackBerry OS it runs,
    and optionally your crackberry user/nickname

(first come first go, except those who already beta tested earlier versions)

Some of the new features in ShortcutMe V3.1.0.0:

- Customizable Display Name: Specify your own name for application shortcuts.
    Use this feature for creating shortcut categories (i.e. click 'B' to see all of your Browser shortcuts)

- Touch to select a shortcut: (choose a small font to see many shortcuts on one page, then touch the shortcut you want to launch to open magnifier panel. Click it on the magnifier panel to launch it)

- Added following items to the application list:
    Calendar_New
    AddressBook_New
    Calendar_DayView
    Calendar_WeekView
    Calendar_MonthView

-and many more

For those new to ShortcutMe, please see following pages for more information about this application.

ShortcutMe (ShortcutBerry) - Testimonials
    ShortcutMe (ShortcutBerry)
    Fonware Ltd. - Flash
    Last edited by Vijik; 05-09-09 at 05:40 PM.
    05-09-09 05:35 PM
    E-mailed You.
    05-09-09 05:57 PM
    email sent
    05-09-09 06:04 PM
    Emailed u

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

05-09-09 06:04 PM
    email has been sent
    05-09-09 06:11 PM
    Mail sent, sounds useful.

05-09-09 06:38 PM
    Info for new ShortcutMe users:

ShortcutMe is most efficient and fast if you run applications in one of the following ways:

1- Multiple click a convenience key to launch your application from anywhere:
    For example:
    Click the right convenience key twice to launch Address Book
    Click the same key 3 times to call your friend
    (Up to 6 applications can be run by multiple clicking convenience keys. You need to have ShortcutMe assigned to convenience keys to be able to use this feature)

2- Press convenience key once and then type a shortcut on virtual keypad
    For example to run Memory Cleaner:
    Conv_Key + M + C
    (assuming you have set MC to run Memory Cleaner and assuming you have assigned ShortcutMe to the convenience key.)

3- Press convenience key once and then touch, browse and �click� to launch them. This method, because of the browsing will be a slower process (not recommended).
    Some hints regarding this method:
    - To minimize the virtual keypad, touch the bar over the keypad and swipe your finger down.
    - To navigate through shortcuts touch and move your finger up and down on the right or left side of view screen (screen above virtual keypad). At any point, touch a shortcut in the middle of the screen to bring up magnifier panel.
    - To maximize virtual keypad, touch the keypad bar in the lower section of the screen.

User manual for the last released version:
    http://shortcutme.com/ShortcutMe_Storm_V3_0_0_4.pdf

http://www.shortcutme.com
    http://www.fonware.ca
    05-09-09 07:08 PM
    Were you able to set folders as shortcuts? This is the one setback to the program as I see it. It wouyld be great to jump to the pictures folder instead if just a media file.
    05-09-09 08:35 PM
    Issues so far:

ShortcutMe asks to save changes when leaving config pages, even when no changes are made.

Changes misspelled "chagnes".

Double clicking/pressing the blackberry key no longer defaults to "show keyboard" in config pages.

Magnifier uses app name instead of display name with some shortcuts. Ex: Msg_SMS instead of name.

When editing a shortcut, the color changes to "default" when a color was previously set. If the keyboard is still visible when saving this may not be noticed.

Does not launch Google Sync for me, I'm not sure if you can do anything about this.
    05-09-09 08:46 PM
    idk, but u should add a menu item "remove all" for shortcuts, ability to let the user choose the shortcuts instead of having a list to choose from...just my opinion
    05-09-09 09:43 PM
    looking good so far without the problems mentioned above. also when i clicked my connivence key multiple times it called 1800 is there a way to program this.
    05-09-09 11:27 PM
    Were you able to set folders as shortcuts? This is the one setback to the program as I see it. It wouyld be great to jump to the pictures folder instead if just a media file.
    Let me investigate that. Will add if possible.
    05-09-09 11:36 PM
    I noticed when in shortcutme, the convenience keys do not function. Not a major problem but it would be more convenient if it did.

05-09-09 11:38 PM
    Issues so far:

ShortcutMe asks to save changes when leaving config pages, even when no changes are made.

Changes misspelled "chagnes".

Double clicking/pressing the blackberry key no longer defaults to "show keyboard" in config pages.

Magnifier uses app name instead of display name with some shortcuts. Ex: Msg_SMS instead of name.

When editing a shortcut, the color changes to "default" when a color was previously set. If the keyboard is still visible when saving this may not be noticed.

Does not launch Google Sync for me, I'm not sure if you can do anything about this.
    I am fixing all the bugs/etc you have reported. Thanks.

Let you know when it is loaded on the OTA link.

I need a desktop download link for Google Sync before I can find out how to launch it. Will search for that. If you happen to have a .cod file or a link please let me know.
    05-09-09 11:47 PM
    idk, but u should add a menu item "remove all" for shortcuts, ability to let the user choose the shortcuts instead of having a list to choose from...just my opinion
    To delete many items at once, you can mark one (browse to an item, then choose "Mark Selected" from the menu), then browse to the last item you want to delete, and choose "RemoveAllFromMarkedToSelected" from the menu. (Marked item and Selected Item need to be in the same category: Shortcut, or Alt-Shortcut)

I will make this process easier or more visible in a new version.

>ability to let the user choose the shortcuts instead of having a list to choose from

Please explain more what you mean.
    05-09-09 11:54 PM
    looking good so far without the problems mentioned above. also when i clicked my connivence key multiple times it called 1800 is there a way to program this.
    Of course.
    You can set all multi click applications in the MultiClick Config. page (This page can be opened using the "MultiClick Config" item in the menu of the ShortcutMe's main page).

1800 number is just an example for creating a shortcut to call someone.
    05-09-09 11:58 PM
    I noticed when in shortcutme, the convenience keys do not function. Not a major problem but it would be more convenient if it did.

Originally it was active. But since it made some false-positives, it was disabled.
    05-10-09 12:01 AM
    Anyone know what this will cost?

05-10-09 12:11 AM

05-10-09 12:21 AM
    I can save the Google Sync cod file from my phone if that would be helpful.
    05-10-09 12:39 AM
    Loving the App so far.

-- Being able to sort the list from top to bottom A-Z) would be a nice option. Stuck in reverse alphabetical at the moment.

-- Noticed the mispelled "chagnes"

-- Browser (CNN) button can't be moved due to ALT function?! Not sure why it would be any different than any other key.

-- "Flashlight" button only started the camera. I think having the camera flash set to "off" prevented the light from coming on. Not sure yet.

-- A button to turn off the "vibration Duration" instead of setting default ms to "0"

**Edit**

-- not sure what the "file-> configuration" and "configuration->file" actually do or are for??

I have to say (and never thought I would) I love this program more than "Quick Launch." There are sooo many options available that aren't offered by QL that is makes the program very useful and user friendly.

Keep up the good work. I know this is one program I won't go without!

I'll keep putting it through the wringer to see what else I can come up with. Until then........
    Last edited by bad_boy321; 05-10-09 at 12:50 AM.
    05-10-09 12:46 AM

$4.99 from BlackBerry App World or mobihand.com

Before you buy, you may first download it's fully functional trial version from mobihand.com and check and see if it meets your requirements.

05-10-09 12:59 AM
    I can save the Google Sync cod file from my phone if that would be helpful.
    Would be nice if you could send me the cod file (send email to support at fonware dot ca).
    Thanks.

FYI: So far, all (except one) of your reported bugs, change request are fixed/done in a new version of ShortcutMe, 3.1.0.1 (still NOT on OTA beta link).

05-10-09 01:04 AM
    Would be nice if you could send me the cod file (send email to support at fonware dot ca).
    Thanks.

FYI: So far, all (except one) of your reported bugs, change request are fixed/done in a new version of ShortcutMe, 3.1.0.1 (still NOT on OTA beta link).

ShortcutMe
    Fonware Ltd. - Flash
    Are we going to get access to the OTA link to try out the updated version?

So far, I'm really impressed with what I have, but you know, its nice to play with the latest and greatest.
    05-10-09 01:19 AM
    Loving the App so far.

-- Being able to sort the list from top to bottom A-Z) would be a nice option. Stuck in reverse alphabetical at the moment.
    The reason behind this sorting (bottom to top) was that we wanted to minimize the required eye movement from virtual keypad to the shortcuts after the user has "typed" one character and the list of matched shortcuts in the view screen gets shorter.
    Will check the code and see if it is possible to have top-bottom or bottom-top as a customizable feature.

-- Noticed the mispelled "chagnes"
    Fixed it.

-- Browser (CNN) button can't be moved due to ALT function?! Not sure why it would be any different than any other key.
    Shortcuts and Alt-Shortcuts are handled differently in the program. So, cross over moving is not possible at the moment. I know from user point of view this does not make any sense.
    Currently any Alt-Shortcut can be moved around inside the Alt-Shortcut area. So is the case with Shortcuts.

-- "Flashlight" button only started the camera. I think having the camera flash set to "off" prevented the light from coming on. Not sure yet.
    Flash Light launches the Video Recorder. To use the flash light feature, it is required that you set the "Video Light" to Always ON in Options page of Video Recorder

-- A button to turn off the "vibration Duration" instead of setting default ms to "0"
    Will add. In the mean time, you can either set that field to 0 or use the menu option Clear Field, to turn off the vibration (empty field will be treated as 0 ms)

**Edit**

-- not sure what the "file-> configuration" and "configuration->file" actually do or are for??
    If you have an uSD card in your BlackBerry you can save all the shortcut settings into the uSD card using "configuration->file".
    You can later on, when you want, use "file-> configuration" to load them back in the ShortcutMe.

You can also modify (or create new) shortcuts by modifying the stored file (shortcutmeconfig.txt) on PC using Word Pad. Then load it into the ShortcutMe. Steps for doing this is explained in detail here:
    http://shortcutme.com/PCfaq.html

You can also use this feature to take your shortcuts with you (on uSD) to a new BlackBerry if you happen to switch to a different BB model.

I have to say (and never thought I would) I love this program more than "Quick Launch." There are sooo many options available that aren't offered by QL that is makes the program very useful and user friendly.

Keep up the good work. I know this is one program I won't go without!

I'll keep putting it through the wringer to see what else I can come up with. Until then........
    What this program does today is a direct result of good feedbacks we have got from users/testers/customers.

05-10-09 01:43 AM
108 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD