Let me start by saying I have never had to go through three of anything to get one that works! This is going to be a long post! I also never spend hours doing the following:

• Checking for dust
    • Clicking each corner and then the middle of the bottom of the screen to see if it clicks just like the other corner. I did this mutiple times per day to see if it changed. Is it affected by weather?
    • Looked at my screen color and compared it to everyone else that had a storm
    • Spent hours on this forum looking for other comments to give me other things to check on my phone
    • Checked to see if my Home and End keys were getting loose
    • Spend time adjusting screws and using various pieces of paper to get that "perfect click" Who decides what is the perfect click anyway?
    • Living in fear that my phone will reboot, lock up, not charge or have people not hear me
    • Almost forgot about checking for too much light leak!

Okay, I'm done. I think my wife was going to leave me after all the stress this phone caused me. My first phone rebooted constantly (build date of 12-18-08 Mexico) so I got phone number two. Phone one had a super bright screen though! Phone number two stopped clicking in two weeks. Second screen not as bright but nice color. Keyboard was very even but soft to press and then stopped. Build date on that was 12-30-08 Mexico. No software problems though. I'm on number three. Build date 1-18-09 from Canada. Some observations are:

• Screen is a bit dimmer with the more "soft" tone. While the buttons look more brown than grey, any image (picture or movie) that has black looks very black. It's not a home theater so I am ok with it.
    • The keyboard is much stiffer but clicks evenly. I actually like it as it "pushes back" on my thumbs more and I actually type better. I tested 4 phones in the Verizon store and they are all like that now. Perhaps there was some change
    • Hard keys seem fine. They are sticking
    • Accelerometer is MUCH faster. I find this strange as the OS (.75) was the same on all phones. It is as fast as my previous one was when I tested OS .90

Phone overall seems better constructed. It has been working for two days with no issues (hope I don't jinx myself) and I'm done searching for the "Perfect Storm" As my wife said "hon, it's a friggen phone" and I have to agree. I'm going to now enjoy it and not get all worked up reading about all the issues. I think I was looking for something that might not have been there. Life is too short to get stressed over a phone. After all, that is all it is (yes, I know it's a cool phone).

I hope people spend more time enjoying theirs. Thanks for letting me rant!
    01-24-09 04:08 PM
    Take your ritalin and BREATHE.....

Good Lord.... After you're done obsessively checking every physical nuance of the phone we're gonna have to hear you rant about the battery life once you finally make a call and send some text messages.

That does seem to be the pattern.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-09 04:22 PM
    Actually, battery life has always been really good. No problems there

Honestly, I may be a bit OCD but the post was meant to be tongue in cheek and read for laugh.
    01-24-09 04:33 PM
    I think that we look for too much to break on an item rather than actually enjoying it. I Love my storm, my GF has a Curve and it is okay but I would not trade it for my storm. Yes there are some issues, the camera is too slow and I cna can not get it to sync with my work e-mail (my IT guy says it is a server issue) but other than that I love it. It i s hands down the best mobile device I have ever had.
    01-24-09 07:30 PM
    [QUOTE=momoboy;1492138]Actually, battery life has always been really good. No problems there

Actually, I find the battery life to be poor at best. I am a power user so, a long phone call, a few email checks and a couple of web surfs later and your battery will be dead as a door knob. Its sad but true. Your travel or car charger will be your best friend. Don't leave home without them. Minor issue though. All in all, the Storm is a great device.
    01-24-09 09:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD