I knew someone had already posted this thread, but I couldn't find it now...
    So anyone knows how do I check if my replacement storm is new or refurbished?
    02-02-09 02:11 PM
    If it's a refurb there'll be a sticker on the front to say something like certified as new or whatever.

if it's brand new, there won't be.
    02-02-09 02:46 PM
    If it's a refurb there'll be a sticker on the front to say something like certified as new or whatever.

if it's brand new, there won't be.
    Thanks for the info. I'd check when I get it tomorrow.
    02-02-09 05:45 PM
    Mine was sent by bell but they just sent the phone, battery and back cover. But it did not say anything about certified but i think its a refrub since cause the pin is 304 and my old pin was 305 (I believe pins are in order).

Is there anyway to really confirm if its new or not?

Also if its not new, how do I convince my provider to send me a new replacement (it's over 30 days)?
    02-22-09 03:59 PM
    Mine was sent by bell but they just sent the phone, battery and back cover. But it did not say anything about certified but i think its a refrub since cause the pin is 304 and my old pin was 305 (I believe pins are in order).

Also if its not new, how do I convince my provider to send me a new replacement (it's over 30 days)?
    OK, there is only one way to check if it's refrub or new without box. Go media icon->manual->explore->system and there you will see three files, check the properties of them, then you can find out the installation date,which is the made date of the model and u will know if it's new or refrub.
    02-22-09 04:28 PM

BTW, they won't send you a new replacement if it's over 30days.
    02-22-09 04:29 PM
    Are the pins always in sequential order? Also with the three files mentioned above do those reflect the date that the device was flashed?
    02-22-09 05:04 PM
    the Certified Like New Replacement or CLNR is a Verizon Wireless thing. So ull only see something like that if u have service through them. The Storm is too new for there to be CLNRs for it so it comes in the new box with a different sku. As far as whether or not a phone is a refurb or new... with CLNRs they dont tell us at the stores anymore. I personally as a tech have seen brand new phones come out as CLNRs and one that have been refurbished. But truthfully it doesnt really matter if ur brand new phone had a problem how can u hold a grudge against a replacement if it works better than the new one?!?!
    02-22-09 05:29 PM
    The way the program works is all of the phones sent out intially are like new devices. If it comes with just the phone abd battery door it is not new. Brand new devices come in the original package. After you have had 3 replacements in a year sent out they give you the option to get a new phone altogether or you can get a brand new storm. How do I know this because I actually got a brand new storm and asked the rep all of these questions who was helping at the time

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 05:31 PM
    Are the pins always in sequential order? Also with the three files mentioned above do those reflect the date that the device was flashed?
    i believe the pins are probably in sequence order but who knows when the phones actually get released? they dont come to the store in order. they are random.
    02-22-09 05:31 PM
    The way the program works is all of the phones sent out intially are like new devices. If it comes with just the phone abd battery door it is not new. Brand new devices come in the original package. After you have had 3 replacements in a year sent out they give you the option to get a new phone altogether or you can get a brand new storm. How do I know this because I actually got a brand new storm and asked the rep all of these questions who was helping at the time

thats not the way it works... its mgr and employee discreetion. u dont necessary get a "new" phone if ur phone has been replaced 3 times. the policy is u can have ur phone replaced with a new device after u have received 3 replacements in 90 days if mgmt deems it appropriate. ur not going to get a new device if u go in there because u lost ur back 3 times or if u broke the charging port 3 times etc. the policy is only for extreme cases.
    02-22-09 05:36 PM

do not listen to people who dont actually work at the company.... just because it doesnt have a back or a battery doesnt mean its a refurb it just means that it doesnt have a back or a battery... if u rip the front fender off ur car they arent going to give u a whole car they are going to give u a front fender. since phone are too small for us tech to take apart now and replace each individual piece we just replace the whole phone or back or battery depending on what the issue is. thats all. dont believe the hype!
    02-22-09 05:44 PM
    The refurbs come from mexico only....they come in a plain cardboard box with just the battery door and the phone ,your contract don't change. when u have had multiple replacements u then qualify for a brand new phone ...they call it the multiple replacement discount or something like that. Anyway when u order it your contract is changed up to a year later or 2. This is what i just went through these last few months,they have sent me four replacements and monday i will have a brand new phone in the original box and i am to send the replacement back with all cords and accessories as the new phone will have everything and im keeping my memory card and data of course.

Thats the way the cookie crumbles at Verizon Wireless......got milk?
    02-22-09 05:46 PM
    I've heard by several people refurb phones are more throughly inspected by a tech and they are just as good, if not better than a new phone.
    Not sure if it's true...just sayin
    02-22-09 05:49 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f133/ru...erizon-128050/

This is the best I've seen regarding this issue. I got my replacement last thursday in the brown box covered in plastic, blue and clear. I was told I was being sent a new phone and I bought mine 12/5.

02-22-09 07:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD