So I was thinking what was making my first phone perfect (except dust screen) and the new phone crashing a few times a day. The second phone was slower and it hung a few times. Then I realized that the battery I got with the phone was different.

I swapped out the old battery with the one in the replacement storm yesterday to test it, right now the phone has been quicker to react when I click down to wake up the phone and no reboots so far. I�m questioning the reliability of some of the batteries and their ability to provide enough juice when needed (else cpu freezes up).

The old battery and the 2nd battery had different words on the back, one said 1400, the other said 1380 and 1400.
    01-21-09 02:53 PM
    someone should try this if they can and let me know, or those who have rebooting phones list what battery you have under there.
    01-21-09 04:14 PM
    I think there was a thread on here that someone posted stating that they called Verizon to get a replacement battery abd Verizon stated that the battery was a known issue.
    01-21-09 04:18 PM
    hmmm, interesting. I must have a good battery. Have no issues with battery life or anything. I'm not sure what information from the back of it would be important. We all obviously have the 1.4Ah D-X1 batteries. So there might have been a bad batch of batteries. They use these same batteries in a few other phones (not unique to the Storm) so they most likely didn't re-engineer anything about the battery at all.

Sounds like bad luck if you got a faulty battery. Take it in and try to get it replaced.
    01-21-09 07:39 PM
    The old battery and the 2nd battery had different words on the back, one said 1400, the other said 1380 and 1400.

So just to clarify which one was "bad" cuz I have one that says 1380 and 1400, and I'm thinking that's the one that was "bad" on yours...I havn't really noticed any speed, or reboot issues, but my battery life isn't that great...I'm lucky if I get 12-13 hours...but I am used to a "dumb" phone, with like 3 days standby. Plus I play a LOT on my storm....it's kinda like my wife...I just can't keep my hands off!
    01-21-09 07:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD