I was just driving home from dinner and the entire screen went white and read "App error 523" on it. I had to pull the battery for it to re-boot back up and now its running again. Has anybody seen this screen/error since updating to the .83 OS? This is a brand new phone I received today as a replacement from Verizon. And yes I did a complete wipe with JL_Cmder prior to loading the new OS on there.

Also, I've noticed a bug in the AIM application. Not sure if its due to the .83 OS but I definitely never saw it before on the old Storm running .75 OS. When your buddy list loads and you have the phone in landscape and bring up the keyboard it will glitch and the keyboard will cover half of the IM so you can't even see what your typing or messages down in the conversation. You have to flip it to portrait, let it re-adjust, and then turn it back to landscape for it to portion out and adjust correctly.

Anyone have either of these issues????
    12-19-08 08:40 PM
    no but what you can do is plug your storm to your computer and run the desktop manager and there should be a software update for the original OS what it does is it removes everything from your phone and then reinstalls the software since doing this update my storm has been suppper fast and very responsive id give that a try so atleast you know you have the legit OS !
    12-19-08 08:43 PM
    I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. The "legit" OS release from Verizon is not out yet so doing a software update from DM would just re-install the same version of the .83 I already have on there.
    12-19-08 08:45 PM
    it means a system process died. You will probably have to reload the OS after a full wipe with either javaloader -usb wipe or JL_cmdr

Not sure about AIM
    12-19-08 08:46 PM
    Trout, I don't see what that will do any different considering I did a complete wipe with JL_Cmder before installing the .83 OS.
    12-19-08 08:48 PM
    Trout, I don't see what that will do any different considering I did a complete wipe with JL_Cmder before installing the .83 OS.
    Not sure, something could have been corrupted or not installed correctly . . at any rate here is a thread on the subject:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/error-523-reset-1831/
    12-19-08 08:54 PM
    I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. The "legit" OS release from Verizon is not out yet so doing a software update from DM would just re-install the same version of the .83 I already have on there.

well my OS on my blackberry storm is 4.7.0.75 i though the .83 isnt even legit from verizon unless i read wrong, apologies in advance if i did. All i know is after seeing that video i pluged my black berry to my laptop and it said there was an update for my OS and so i did it took about 25 minutes to. Did anyone eles get this it was late last night maybe about 1 2 am?
    12-19-08 08:54 PM
    You don't have the updated software on your phone. You simply updated to 4.7.0.75 which has nothing to do with 4.7.0.83 which is a leaked OS.

Completely seperate topic from my questions.
    12-19-08 08:57 PM
    Trout, thank you for that link.

Can you explain how I can do a brand new wipe again and then re-load the .83 OS with ALL my apps and settings and everything remaining exactly how they are now?

Earlier when I wiped and loaded the .83 OS none of my 3rd party apps loaded. Luckily I had my old storm (that I mailed back earlier to Verizon) and was able to plug both in and do a Device Transfer to get my 3rd party apps back .

How can I wipe phone completely again now and load the .83 OS back on and have an exact replica of my phone?
    12-19-08 08:59 PM
    yes i understand that but whats the point of D/L ing a leaked OS that obviously causes problems when you can update the original software and it works 10 times better.
    12-19-08 09:00 PM
    Apple, there are PLENTY of posts that can address your concerns with why somoene would want the new OS. Please read those instead of hijacking my thread when I'm trying to get help.

Thank you!
    12-19-08 09:02 PM
    Trout, thank you for that link.

Can you explain how I can do a brand new wipe again and then re-load the .83 OS with ALL my apps and settings and everything remaining exactly how they are now?

Earlier when I wiped and loaded the .83 OS none of my 3rd party apps loaded. Luckily I had my old storm (that I mailed back earlier to Verizon) and was able to plug both in and do a Device Transfer to get my 3rd party apps back .

How can I wipe phone completely again now and load the .83 OS back on and have an exact replica of my phone?
    Try this thread - not sure if it applies to emails and SMS, but should get your aps back. Do this before trying the upgrade or wiping (obviously):

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...cations-53201/
    12-19-08 09:04 PM
    I don't understand why the "backup" option in DM wouldn't make an exact replica of your device including all apps. Why couldn't they make our lives easy?
    12-19-08 09:07 PM
    BTW - Emails & SMS transfer anyways doing a regular "backup" through DM. I just wish there was a quick, easy, convenient way of restoring a device back to EXACTLY how you had it before doing a wipe. Everything the exact same, like a replica.....

Aside from the new OS you put on, obviously.
    12-19-08 09:14 PM
    I also have this problem...did the wipe and reinstall work?

Jay
    12-22-08 07:16 PM
    I had this problem... a battery pull fixed it... havent had issue with that error since... still get the occasional VZW sign and insert media card... but some battery pulls fix that too
    12-22-08 07:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD