Last night while talking on my phone for a while after upgrading earlier in the afternoon to 4.7.0.75 OS there was a new problem that I came across.

Whats odd is that the problem ONLY exists while the phone is actually plugged into the charger. I haven't tried the car charger since the upgrade but it happens every single time on the home charger.

While on a phone call it will randomly switch to speakerphone for a quick second and when that happens the whole screen goes "snow". You know, like a TV channel that doesn't have reception. It only switches over to speakerphone for a second and then goes back to headset mode and the screen returns to normal.

Once it happens the first time it continues to happen more frequently while plugged into the charger. When I unplug the phone, the problem no longer exists. I tried a battery pull already and it didn't fix the issue. I don't recall this ever happening prior to the upgade yesterday.

Anybody else experiencing this or have any thoughts on what could be the issue?
    12-01-08 09:35 AM
    Also wanted to mention that it doesn't typically happen for the first time until being on a call for 10 - 15 minutes.

Then it will start to happen more and more often after that first time.

Driving me crazy (even though I don't typically talk with it plugged in all that often)
    12-01-08 09:44 AM
    I didn't see that all the way like you did, but I noticed when i'm plugged in to my pc, doing anything will almost bring up the original storm (lightning pic) for a flash of a sec..
    12-01-08 09:47 AM
    ^^This happen to me while I was testing the Storm @ a Corp store. The manager was pissed off @ the phone cuz he says if people see these problems in the store they will not wanna buy one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 09:49 AM
    Also wanted to mention that it doesn't typically happen for the first time until being on a call for 10 - 15 minutes.

Then it will start to happen more and more often after that first time.

Driving me crazy (even though I don't typically talk with it plugged in all that often)

Almost sounds like a heat related issue........
    12-01-08 09:52 AM
    Do you think this is a hardware issue or something that may be resolved with the next OS update? It really is annoying.
    12-01-08 09:54 AM
    I was getting the "snow" screen before I updated. I havent seen it since.
    12-01-08 09:58 AM

I musta got your snow...
    12-01-08 10:04 AM
    Well it sounds like theres a few others experiencing the problem or one similar.

Hopefully its fixed in the next OS version!
    12-01-08 10:15 AM
    You shouldn't really be talking on the phone while it is plugged in anyway ; its bad for the battery. Has it only happened in that one situation or have you experienced this otherwise?

12-01-08 10:16 AM
    Many people talk on their phone while its plugged into the charger. I've been doing it for years and thats no way to justify a defect within the phone.

As stated in my original post, it happens everytime it is plugged into the charger. I did several tests and it only happens while it is plugged into the charger, everytime. Sometimes takes 10-15 minutes for it to first happen.
    12-01-08 10:31 AM
    On .65 I had a similar experiance (wasn't talking on the phone was just changing some settings) while it was plugged into the charger. Screen qwent snowy ETC.

I chalked it up Not enough slack on the cord, causing a Micro USB connection error of some kind.
    12-01-08 10:36 AM
    I know I have done all kinds of waky stuff when on the phone.
    Seems my face likes to press buttons and things.
    Have not seen the snow, except what has fallen yesterday.
    12-01-08 11:30 AM
    You shouldn't really be talking on the phone while it is plugged in anyway ; its bad for the battery.
    That's bad info.
    12-01-08 11:58 AM

I have gotten on both the .65 and .75 build. The funny thing is when I have gotten both times was once in the car using the car charger I picked up at VZW when I got the phone (GPS was running in background) and I was using bluetooth when it happened. The other time it happened was when it was charging at the house and I was talking on it like a headset.

Both times it switched briefly to speakerphone and then back again while the screen was all snowy.

I did not bother to see if the device was warm or not though. I will check it that out next time.
    12-01-08 12:12 PM
    No White Noise for me, but what I did have the next day was SIM Card Rejected. But everything still worked, I soft resetted the Storm and it went away.

12-01-08 12:17 PM
    I have been getting the snow screen since updating to .75. It's not on a call though, it's when looking at pictures in the media browser.
    12-01-08 01:06 PM
    I was getting the snow screen prior to updating to .75 while I was viewing a picture an the screen blanked out. When I tapped the screen to turn it back on, I got that snow image. It looks like the problem is in both OS versions and may have been a bug that RIM was not aware of.

P.S, I do still get that snow.
    12-01-08 01:14 PM
    Anivar,

You and I are having the exact same issue. At least that leads us to believe its Software related and not Hardware.

Hopefully this gets fixed in the next release!
    12-01-08 03:58 PM
    With .75 today I lost the ability to voice dial from my BT. It was working fine earlier today on .75.
    It appears to let me digit dial but not by name. Anyone else have this happen?

12-01-08 04:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD