I know nothing about the bus. Have to drive or take a cab. Too old to hitchhike in the rain.
    07-12-10 07:30 PM
    Put me down for medium rare with English mustard.
    My wife and I, celebrating her birthday yesterday, each had awesome NY strip steaks at BJ Brewery. They were more tender and flavorful than those we had recently at Outback Steakhouse. YUM!! (and we both do medium rare, too)
    07-12-10 07:31 PM
    Jake storm? Really? The name says it all.
    Yet I'm secure enough that I don't have to make up screen names like "The One"

I really feel sorry for you.
    How pathetic does a person's life have to be, that they spend all their time on a forum for a phone they don't even like?
    07-12-10 07:33 PM
    You can't mention anything Droid in here because it upsets those who are stuck with bb's.

LOL so right..... or they are just so ashamed to to such BB supporters and unwilling to enter into the latest technology... just like..... Oh.... RIM
    07-12-10 07:38 PM
    I made you cookie. But I eated it.
    07-12-10 07:48 PM
    This whole thread makes me LOL.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-10 09:45 PM
    This thread was pretty funny! I was driving down I-80 and everyone was swerving out of the way of something, almost causing an accident, it happened to be 3 ducklings crossing the expressway, that was pretty funny too.
    07-12-10 10:28 PM
    You can't mention anything Droid in here because it upsets those who are stuck with bb's.
    We are not stuck. We choose not to buy a droid or an apple because storm2 itself is sufficient to meet our needs and expectation for now. I learn to save my hard earn money too and use it for better things and enjoy my life! Selling an apple phone give me extra cash for holiday trip! i think droid phone can fetch pretty good price too! Most importantly i get a free bb!!

I wonder if you are so active in any of the droid forum.

So you are now using your droid? Can share anything interesting about your new phone? Maybe you can convince bb user to jump ship!
    Last edited by titusilvering; 07-12-10 at 10:35 PM.
    07-12-10 10:31 PM
    I actually ended up having chicken skewers with vegetables, potatoes and salad with ranch dressing. Tomorrow probably going to be Pork with steamed veggies.

oh and I am in no way STUCK with BB. I could purchase any device out there and when i see something that comes along that I like better than I will be getting it.
    07-12-10 10:42 PM
    I like turtles!

07-13-10 10:20 AM
    We are not stuck. We choose not to buy a droid or an apple because storm2 itself is sufficient to meet our needs and expectation for now. I learn to save my hard earn money too and use it for better things and enjoy my life! Selling an apple phone give me extra cash for holiday trip! i think droid phone can fetch pretty good price too! Most importantly i get a free bb!!

I wonder if you are so active in any of the droid forum.

So you are now using your droid? Can share anything interesting about your new phone? Maybe you can convince bb user to jump ship!
    The Bolded would be correct^
    07-13-10 10:29 AM
    Going to try the Droid X(assuming they have one available on the 21st). I am expecting to like some of it and hate some of it. i am so used to the the Storm's easy functionality I'm betting the layout of the Droid will bother me some. But I will give it a fair shake, like I did the Storm.

If I don't like it I will turn it in and get a Storm2 and then wait for another line to come available for a NE2 with Verizon in December and give my wife the Storm......Oh, gees, she will never figure it out Maybe I will give it to one of my kids
    Why wait til the 21st? If you're up for NE2 between now and December 31, 2010, you can upgrade to any smartphone without penalty (this includes the Droid X). AT&T did something similar with the iPhone4 so Verizon is simply following suit.

Hope you like it, I'm looking forward to trying it out myself on the 15th...it's gonna be weird using something that's not a Blackberry since I've used one for over 3 years.

Since 9550's are going for $250-$300 on ebay...I'll actually profit from my purchase.

I don't know why people get so defensive about someone wanting to try something different. He didn't talk down on the 9550. The phone has it's fair share of glitches but so do all phones. I know I personally just want to try something different that's not Apple, I don't know why people get so upset over that, it's not like any of us are trying to talk you out of keeping your BB if it suits your needs just fine.

So that goes for BB diehards too, if your contract expires by the end of this year with Verizon, you can upgrade to the new Bold and whatnot penalty free.
    Last edited by fecurtis; 07-13-10 at 10:49 AM.
    07-13-10 10:43 AM
    LOL so right..... or they are just so ashamed to to such BB supporters and unwilling to enter into the latest technology... just like..... Oh.... RIM
    hey troll, yeah, RIM doesn't want to invest in the "latest technology" such as the woefully pathetic external antenna that Jobs so mistakenly bragged about during his introduction to the world of Apple's latest and not so greatest, phone. yeah, RIM is sure behind the times...
    07-13-10 03:23 PM
    hey troll, yeah, RIM doesn't want to invest in the "latest technology" such as the woefully pathetic external antenna that Jobs so mistakenly bragged about during his introduction to the world of Apple's latest and not so greatest, phone. yeah, RIM is sure behind the times...
    I'll say that apple messed up on the iPhone 4, but I still say RIM is behind the times. what people need to ask themselves is do they want to be on the bleeding edge? Even the s3 will seem behind the times compared to other phones being released a bit after it. And BlackBerry 6 is barely playing catch-up. But RIM's pace in advancing works for some people, most importantly, me. For now.

07-13-10 03:53 PM
    I'll say that apple messed up on the iPhone 4, but I still say RIM is behind the times. what people need to ask themselves is do they want to be on the bleeding edge? Even the s3 will seem behind the times compared to other phones being released a bit after it. And BlackBerry 6 is barely playing catch-up. But RIM's pace in advancing works for some people, most importantly, me. For now.

Ever heard the story of the tortoise and the hare? Or, plain but reliable is better than flash with no substance? The history of RIM's market has been business users. Now regular consumers who expect a clone of the almighty Jesus phone are griping about RIM's "slow pace". Give it up. RIM doesn't make Jesus phones. If you want one, go to AT&T and enjoy the crappy service.
    07-14-10 06:56 PM
    This thread is new and refreshing. You almost NEVER see this stuff on CB. And look!! All the usual trolls showed up. What a bonus
    07-14-10 07:04 PM
    Exerpt from Yahoo article regarding RIMS OS6..... read up on the full article ... its posted on a different thread here on CB.....
    This plea comes at a crucial time. A survey by ChangeWave Research, conducted just before the iPhone 4 launch, foretells a major collapse for RIM's BlackBerry. Customer satisfaction is at an all-time low, down from 55 percent of BlackBerry users "very satisfied" in September 2008 to 30 percent in June 2010, and down 8 percent over the last three months alone.
    ________________________________ end quote

Well I guess although I still own a BB as I have for the past several years... that being in the majority makes be a troll.... so be-it.
    07-14-10 07:31 PM
    Exerpt from Yahoo article regarding RIMS OS6..... read up on the full article ... its posted on a different thread here on CB.....
    This plea comes at a crucial time. A survey by ChangeWave Research, conducted just before the iPhone 4 launch, foretells a major collapse for RIM's BlackBerry. Customer satisfaction is at an all-time low, down from 55 percent of BlackBerry users "very satisfied" in September 2008 to 30 percent in June 2010, and down 8 percent over the last three months alone.
    ________________________________ end quote

Well I guess although I still own a BB as I have for the past several years... that being in the majority makes be a troll.... so be-it.
    The problem with survey findings is that one can find a survey to support any opinion that one holds near and dear to their heart. I tend to ignore survey "news" as being biased one way or the other and not indicative of "the truth". It's the same thing with medical news. One day a medication or device is safe and the next day, a study finds that it is dangerous. Then more studies claim said item really is safe. who to believe? In my case, I take all that info with a gargantuan block of salt. I'm too old to be taken in by every little bit of "latest news". the truth always lies somewhere between the extremes. I go with my gut instinct, rather then blindly believe any particular study or survey result. YMMV.
    07-14-10 07:42 PM
    Ever heard the story of the tortoise and the hare? Or, plain but reliable is better than flash with no substance? The history of RIM's market has been business users. Now regular consumers who expect a clone of the almighty Jesus phone are griping about RIM's "slow pace". Give it up. RIM doesn't make Jesus phones. If you want one, go to AT&T and enjoy the crappy service.
    The thing is business users can begin to do some previously BB exclusive things on droid/iphone platforms. It certainly wouldn't hurt for RIM to include some "flashy" with their substance.

07-14-10 08:08 PM
    The thing is business users can begin to do some previously BB exclusive things on droid/iphone platforms. It certainly wouldn't hurt for RIM to include some "flashy" with their substance.

I don't disagree with your assessment they need to do a better job of courting the "average" consumer; not just businesspeople.
    07-15-10 01:25 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD