Got a replacement phone. Because of a mistake with Backup assistant, I have double contacts on my original phone. I have all of my contacts in Gmail. How can I sync my contacts from my Gmail to my replacement phone while syncing everything else using Desktop Manager?

Thanks
    07-21-10 11:30 AM
    Install GoogleSync to your phone. That will load all your contacts on Gmail to your new phone.
    07-21-10 11:32 AM
    Then I should connect the phone and transfer just data/SMS, etc?
    07-21-10 11:33 AM
    Then I should connect the phone and transfer just data/SMS, etc?
    You could security wipe the new device and give it a second go. Or do the Google Sync and then Advanced Restore for the rest of your data.
    07-21-10 11:36 AM
    You can do what plkcable suggested or you can follow the instructions I told you yesterday in this thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/ne...erizon-499327/

If you need to know how to use GooglSync Let me google that for you
    07-21-10 11:44 AM
    The new device is currently blank. I just want to make sure that I don't transfer my old "doubled" contacts to the new device in the device switch.
    07-21-10 11:47 AM
    Right, so you can do an advanced restore from a backup of your old phone with everything but your contacts. Or just load the whole backup file then just simply clear your address book entries. then install GoogleSync and put you contacts back on.

So either do an advanced restore or and advanced backup.
    07-21-10 11:57 AM
    You can do what plkcable suggested or you can follow the instructions I told you yesterday in this thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/ne...erizon-499327/

If you need to know how to use GooglSync Let me google that for you
    Doh! A double/cross post????
    07-21-10 11:59 AM
    ^^^^^ haha, gotta hate getting caught.
    07-21-10 12:05 PM
    I was still confused and my later questions were not answered. I am sorry for starting a new thread, I just didn't want to have any issues and wanted to be certain.

Ridesno, I don't think you fully understood what I was asking, that is why I started the new thread.
    07-21-10 12:06 PM
    This always works for me, similar problem, every now and then my calendar entries doubles. Use desktop Manager, start it up and plug the phone in. Go to Backup and Restore, Advanced. It will ask to use Mass Data Mode, answer yes. You should see two columns, the right column is populated, the left column is blank. Scroll down the right column to Address Book. There should be one that says Address Book, and below that Address Book All. If both numbers are the same, stop, this will not help you. If they are different, approximately twice as many in Address Book All, continue. Highlight address book, then click the arrow between the columns pointing left, and move the address book there. Highlight the address book all, and click the button below that says clear. Highlight the address book in the left column, and click that arrow pointing right to place it back on your phone. Back out to the main menu. Now you should only have one contact for each person, not two.

This will also work for duplicate calendar entries.

Hope this helps.
    07-21-10 08:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD