Great update to a Great App. Only issue I have noticed so far is that whenever I create a new backup I have to enter the file name and location. I don't recall having to do that in Version 1. I can understand doing that if no backup file exists, but, once one has been created it wouldl be nice if the App would recognize it as the default.
    This is not an issue but rather a new feature. You used to always have to pick a location to save your file in, but now you also can pick a backup file name. If you just press OK without entering a name, the default "backup" (or "theme" for theme files) will be used. This allows you to save backups or themes with different names to better differentiate them.
    03-29-10 10:51 AM
    Even with the new update, PatternLock still isn't allowing voice dialing on the .497 hybrid (or the .553 hybrid).... ugh. Anyone know a hybrid that it will work?
    Last edited by gafly; 03-29-10 at 12:53 PM.
    03-29-10 11:13 AM
    This is very strange as we, nor any of our testers ever experienced this. Do you have any other applications installed that could be interfering? Do you see anything listed in you EventLog that could indicate a problem? Could it be the hybrid that you are using?
    I have reinstalled again (after going back to the previous version, uninstalling that and starting over). I've left all of the settings at their defaults and I'm turning them back to the way they were one by one to see if I can find out what is causing (or caused it). After I change each setting, I'm doing a battery pull (physical) then seeing what happens.

So far, with default settings, I didn't have any problems.

I've turned on the autolock on launch of phone, security: 4 attempts and then a two minute wait time, Autolock when backlight turns off 1 min, autolock when holster, messages to pop over, notifications (bbm, sms and email), vibrate on unlock, vibrate when incorrect pattern. None of these have caused the problem again on their own. However, I've done several additional battery pulls and the freeze has occurred maybe 25% of the time.

Going through my log file the following seem "suspect" but I'm not totally sure if any of these are providing the right information on why things are freezing.

Process PatternLock(157) queue overflow; oldest event dropped

I've also seen a few uncaught exception errors related to Patternlock when my phone starts up.

As far as apps that run when the phone boots up, I'm running the BeDroid theme, Google Voice, Google Sync, Meterberry and Berryweather and Patternlock (all latest versions) when the phone loads. Berryweather provides the home wallpaper.

I will keep an eye on this and report any patterns I may find.
    03-29-10 12:24 PM
    I have reinstalled again (after going back to the previous version, uninstalling that and starting over). I've left all of the settings at their defaults and I'm turning them back to the way they were one by one to see if I can find out what is causing (or caused it). After I change each setting, I'm doing a battery pull (physical) then seeing what happens.

So far, with default settings, I didn't have any problems.

I've turned on the autolock on launch of phone, security: 4 attempts and then a two minute wait time, Autolock when backlight turns off 1 min, autolock when holster, messages to pop over, notifications (bbm, sms and email), vibrate on unlock, vibrate when incorrect pattern. None of these have caused the problem again on their own. However, I've done several additional battery pulls and the freeze has occurred maybe 25% of the time.

Going through my log file the following seem "suspect" but I'm not totally sure if any of these are providing the right information on why things are freezing.

Process PatternLock(157) queue overflow; oldest event dropped

I've also seen a few uncaught exception errors related to Patternlock when my phone starts up.

As far as apps that run when the phone boots up, I'm running the BeDroid theme, Google Voice, Google Sync, Meterberry and Berryweather and Patternlock (all latest versions) when the phone loads. Berryweather provides the home wallpaper.

I will keep an eye on this and report any patterns I may find.
    It would be really helpful if you could send these error messages to us so we can try to resolve the issue. If you could email any of these error messages or log messages to our support address, that would be greatly appreciated.
    03-29-10 12:28 PM
    It would be really helpful if you could send these error messages to us so we can try to resolve the issue. If you could email any of these error messages or log messages to our support address, that would be greatly appreciated.
    I will pull this together and send it out.

Thanks.
    03-29-10 02:25 PM
    My update did not work properly either.
    But it was my mistake in trying to install the app over the previous version.

The fix for me was to reboot the phone in "safe mode" and delete the old version.
    I did a battery pull, but waited 5 minutes before putting the battery back in.
    Once the phone restarted, I installed the newest version without any issues.
    I actually gained half a meg in memory afterwards and it works perfectly.
    03-29-10 08:19 PM
    I will pull this together and send it out.

Thanks.
    Were you able to track down those log entries?
    03-29-10 09:36 PM
    Check out this thread for some dot images to get you started

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/pa...images-444932/
    03-29-10 11:30 PM
    Btw I've noticed the battery gets sucked up by this app when activated. You guys might want to check that out. I went through 19% of my battery in under an hour. No usage.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-10 08:26 PM
    Im on a 9530 also and have noticed no extra strain on battery.. but i always follow a procedure for updates (not sure if it will help) .. but ..

I uninstall old version completely .. battery pull - let it reboot ..
    load new version .. set permissions, options, ect .. then another battery pull .
    03-30-10 08:46 PM
    Nice.... Maybe I'll pick up a copy
    03-30-10 08:56 PM
    The update is now available in the App World
    03-31-10 09:04 AM
    The update is now available in the App World
    Not for me yet

03-31-10 12:43 PM
    I've uninstalled the old version 1.2.1, rebooted, and then reinstalled the new version from App World, however it appears it didn't update at all. The version says 2.0.0.1 in Options->Applications but I don't see any of the new features.

For example, I'm missing the following items in the Patternlock Option:
    - no saving of options to backup file
    - can't customize the dots
    - can't disable patternlock when certain apps are running

I've done this twice and the same thing occurs... very wierd...

Any help would be appreciated.
    03-31-10 05:18 PM
    I've uninstalled the old version 1.2.1, rebooted, and then reinstalled the new version from App World, however it appears it didn't update at all. The version says 2.0.0.1 in Options->Applications but I don't see any of the new features.

For example, I'm missing the following items in the Patternlock Option:
    - no saving of options to backup file
    - can't customize the dots
    - can't disable patternlock when certain apps are running

I've done this twice and the same thing occurs... very wierd...

Any help would be appreciated.
    What does your options screen look like? Does it look like a menu list first, with sub options? If so, you are running the 2.0 version. If not, it might be a problem in the App World sending the wrong version.

- Saving options to a backup file are in: Backup & Restore
    - Customize the dots is in: Appearance
    - Disable PatternLock autolock when certain apps are running is in: Autolock
    03-31-10 05:27 PM
    I just deleted patternlock again using AppLoader and re-downloaded it from App World. This time the version says it's 1.1.2 rather than 2.0.

My options menu does not have any sub-menus. I'm really confused now.
    03-31-10 06:10 PM
    UPDATE:
    Went back to App World and upgraded 2.0. This time it worked and looks like I have the correct version (ie. I see all the new features etc.)

So I think uninstalling the version with App Loader did the trick.

Thx.
    03-31-10 06:24 PM
    I just deleted patternlock again using AppLoader and re-downloaded it from App World. This time the version says it's 1.1.2 rather than 2.0.

My options menu does not have any sub-menus. I'm really confused now.
    It could be an issue with App World servers. When you uninstall the application, go through your modules (accessible from the menu when in the Applications option screen) and make sure there are no PatternLock modules there.
    03-31-10 06:25 PM
    I'm having problems with the bluetooth voice dialing now. After the VAD application recognizes who I want to call and proceeds to the phone application, it immediately switches to the patternlock lockscreen instead.

I would need to manually unlock patternlock first before VAD works and can dial out automatically.

The second thing I noticed is that the VAD app won't work with the bluetooth headset unless both of the following options under General are set to 'YES':

1. "Allow handsfree voice dialing while locked" set to "Yes"
    2. "Allow applications to pop up information over lock screen" set to "Yes"
    <if this option is not set to 'yes', then the VAD app shows up for a split second and goes back to the patternlock lockscreen>
    03-31-10 06:44 PM
    I'm having problems with the bluetooth voice dialing now. After the VAD application recognizes who I want to call and proceeds to the phone application, it immediately switches to the patternlock lockscreen instead.

I would need to manually unlock patternlock first before VAD works and can dial out automatically.

The second thing I noticed is that the VAD app won't work with the bluetooth headset unless both of the following options under General are set to 'YES':

1. "Allow handsfree voice dialing while locked" set to "Yes"
    2. "Allow applications to pop up information over lock screen" set to "Yes"
    <if this option is not set to 'yes', then the VAD app shows up for a split second and goes back to the patternlock lockscreen>
    We have a version in testing right now that will hopefully resolve both these issues for the users experiencing them.
    03-31-10 10:55 PM
    PatternLock has been updated to version 2.0.0.2 in MobiHand and in App World (although it was just approved there, so it may take time for their servers to all sync up and for you to see the update). This update should hopefully resolve any voice dialing issues for the users that were experiencing them.
    04-01-10 08:43 AM
    App world says 2.0 but gives me an old version

04-01-10 01:07 PM

Some users are experiencing this issue with the App World and we aren't sure what is going on with their servers. Have you tried contacting their support to assist you?
    04-01-10 01:32 PM
    No I haven't I wll try. It says 2.0.0.2 but modules say 1.1.2

04-01-10 02:44 PM

This is an issue that tons of users have. It's an issue that is being caused on RIM's side. I've sent them an email about it and they said it's a known issue. He told me they were working on it and it should be fixed soon. This was like a month though and the issue still remains.
    04-02-10 12:41 AM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD