Welcome to the next generation of BlackBerry locking. Welcome to PatternLock 2.0! This is an exciting new release of the original lock that allows you to secure your device using fun patterns. It has been a little under a year since the first release of PatternLock, and it has become the go-to utility for a fun, complete and stable locking experience for your BlackBerry. PatternLock 2.0 is a complete rewrite of the original application, bringing along new features while shedding more than 20% of the original application size. Here is a brief rundown about what this release has to offer:

NEW IN VERSION 2.0:
    ---------------------------
    - Completely rewritten from the ground up. Now has more features and 20% smaller!
    - Brand new options interface which is divided into sections making it easier to find and change your settings
    - BlackBerry Messenger notification icon
    - Integration with BerryWeather (BeWeather) v2.2+ to show weather information on lock screen
    - Application lock and the call screen PatternLock appearance now use the same settings and look as the device lock screen
    - Various other options across the entire application's feature set (too many to list here)
    - Tons of optimizations and minor fixes

and the big one...

- Themes! PatternLock 2.0 takes customization to a whole new level. Almost all the graphics in the lock screen can now be customized to exactly how you like it. Not only can you pick from a list of preset colors, you can pick any custom color you want using RGB values, or you can supply your own graphic! You can change everything from the dot, dot tray, clock bar background, dot highlight, and the list goes on. You can make your dots soccer balls, for example! All these appearance settings can be saved into a theme file (with an extension of .pltheme) and can be shared with other users. Saving and applying themes can be done from the 'Appearance' section of the PatternLock options. For more details about PatternLock theming, please visit Tafasa :: PatternLock Theming

It should also be noted that at this time, PatternLock is the ONLY locking application that can work with the hardware lock key in the most recent OS releases.

IMPORTANT:
    - UNINSTALL any pre 2.0 versions of PatternLock installed before installing this version
    - Pre 2.0 backup files are not compatible with PatternLock 2.0 as many of the options have changed

With this update, PatternLock is not only the lightest weight locking application, it is also the most feature rich and offers a truly ultimate locking experience for your BlackBerry, whether it be application level locking, call screen level locking, or locking the entire device.

PatternLock 2.0 is FREE for ALL existing customers! Even with all these great features, PatternLock is still one of the least expensive locking applications on the market, regularly priced at $2.99. For more information about the product's features (there are A LOT), visit the product page: PatternLock - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

The Lite version has also been updated, however there are no feature changes there. The Lite version is limited to only three options: Setting the pattern, Autolock on startup, Autolock on backlight. The lite version is available at: PatternLock Lite - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    Last edited by tafasa; 04-01-10 at 11:16 AM.
    03-28-10 07:28 PM
    this update is sick and your all gonna love it
    03-28-10 07:31 PM
    Thank you so much for this update. I use to use StormSlider till they wanted me to pay for another copy when I got a Storm2. Found Patternlock and haven't looked back yet.

Thanks for giving this update for free. I could use my storm without this and QL.
    03-28-10 07:35 PM
    Upgrading now =) This looks so awesome!!
    03-28-10 07:55 PM
    upgrading now.
    03-28-10 07:59 PM
    Will it be available in App World soon? That's where I unfortunately bought it
    03-28-10 08:00 PM
    I cant get it to work on my storm 2.... It just keeps asking me to edit the permissions and reboot... Help....
    03-28-10 08:01 PM
    I cant get it to work on my storm 2.... It just keeps asking me to edit the permissions and reboot... Help....
    What are your permissions set to? All permissions need to be set to allow for it to launch. It checks to make sure at startup. If all your permissions are set, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling and setting permissions at install? Sometimes the BlackBerry is a little quirky when it sets permissions.
    03-28-10 08:04 PM
    Will it be available in App World soon? That's where I unfortunately bought it
    Will be submitted for review, and should hopefully arrive within a week.
    03-28-10 08:05 PM
    Will be submitted for review, and should hopefully arrive within a week.
    Ok great. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-10 08:07 PM
    All are set to allw, except for the security timer that cant be changed... so 2 groups are aloow and one group is custom due to the security timer one... I'll try reinstalling and setting permissions on install
    03-28-10 08:09 PM
    awesome! updating right now, ive been wondering when a new version would come out.

will review in a little!
    03-28-10 08:13 PM
    All are set to allw, except for the security timer that cant be changed... so 2 groups are aloow and one group is custom due to the security timer one... I'll try reinstalling and setting permissions on install
    The permissions check ensures that the security timer is set to Allow as well. Are you under a BES that restricts that permission?
    03-28-10 08:15 PM
    Awesome update..now more importantly..anyway have any cool dot patterns they want to share?
    03-28-10 08:17 PM
    My security timer reset is set to Deny, and is not changable... My phone is set up on BES work account... plus my own BIS account So I wont be able to use the new 2.0 version?
    03-28-10 08:19 PM
    JUst got the email. updating now, i love the theme feature, although i dont know to use for it yet???
    03-28-10 08:24 PM
    My security timer reset is set to Deny, and is not changable... My phone is set up on BES work account... plus my own BIS account So I wont be able to use the new 2.0 version?
    We have uploaded a version that removes the restriction for this permission as it isn't necessarily required. Please try re-downloading from the link and make sure to refresh the page when you are on the download screen.
    03-28-10 08:24 PM
    We have uploaded a version that removes the restriction for this permission as it isn't necessarily required. Please try re-downloading from the link and make sure to refresh the page when you are on the download screen.
    hey taf i noticed a minor spelling error haha
    under patterlock message (only applicable for the patternlock call screen lock appearance mode): Call sreen is locked

nothing major but i wanted to point that out.

awesome new features im going to mess with all of the customizations asap
    03-28-10 08:30 PM
    under patterlock message (only applicable for the patternlock call screen lock appearance mode): Call sreen is locked

Thanks. Will get that fixed
    03-28-10 08:32 PM
    Taf... that worked.. Thanks.. Now its time to play with the new version....
    03-28-10 08:38 PM

Fixed version is uploaded now. You can either redownload it, or just change it in the options. Sorry about that
    03-28-10 08:38 PM
    Can someone post the download link that the mobihand/crackberry store brings you to to download so that I don't have to wait for appworld.... one of the two apps I've every bought from APPWORLD... wow do i regret it lol. THANKS :-D
    03-28-10 08:40 PM
    Can someone post the download link that the mobihand/crackberry store brings you to to download so that I don't have to wait for appworld.... one of the two apps I've every bought from APPWORLD... wow do i regret it lol. THANKS :-D
    That link is specific for each purchase in MobiHand.
    03-28-10 08:42 PM
    Not only does PL lock your phone up solid, but the customization is incredible!

Tafasa, you've outdone yourself!

Get at me if anyone wants the .pltheme file for this.. !! Great Update!!
    03-28-10 08:42 PM
    Did not know that :-( ... OK Thanks
    03-28-10 08:43 PM
185 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD