this version has a few quirks but I have configured it to work very well for me.
    If you are having issues with the application, please email our support and we will try to resolve them with you. We are unaware of any "quirks" with this release.
    03-31-10 09:06 AM
    I changed a few things like colors and weather app integration.

Locked orientation to portrait.

I might try and install again and leave all settings at default and see what happens.

I uninstalled the app last night and took ot off charge at 9am and its down to 79% after a few emails and texts and some web surfing. A lot better than before.

Just wondering about OS versions as I am on a 9528 running seanrens V7 hybrid over a 497 base.

Was this beta tested on any hybrids.
    I decide to completly wipe my device as my phone went from fully charged to flat in 40 mins while watching a video ( this is with Patternlock UNINSTALLED)

So I wiped device and reinstalled official Vodafone 497. Battery drain is now the same with and without patterlock installed so the app isn't the problem.

I do think that something has went wrong as now my battery has went flat 3 times today since 7am, but that's another story for another day.

The app is good and works a treat. Pity my handset doesn't.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-31-10 10:45 AM
    The update is now available in the App World
    Anyone know how to get the BB itself to refresh or pull the new version? I see v2 on the App World website, but when I went to install it, App World downloaded 1.2.1 again.
    03-31-10 11:55 AM
    Love this app even more now.. with .517 installed the lock button was useless, after upgrading patternlock I have my lock button functionality back! love the new options as well, keep up the good work!
    03-31-10 12:57 PM
    can anyone create a theme like this?

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_3mrfomQfv1g/S0...nUE/Locked.png

I think I got it, use the attached as your pattern dot.
    Last edited by pearlfanatic; 03-31-10 at 09:28 PM.
    03-31-10 08:08 PM
    According to blackberry app world (online catalog) us app world buyers ... *sigh* should be seeing this update popup in our messages folder soon... here is the link BlackBerry App World - PatternLock
    03-31-10 09:01 PM
    Hey tafasa like what you added to get pl theme.
    03-31-10 10:57 PM
    Make sure you guys check out PatternLock Themes often. We are continuously updating with the themes/images submitted by users. If you have anything you want to share, send it our way! Instructions can be found at Tafasa :: PatternLock Theming
    04-01-10 02:15 AM
    PatternLock has been updated to version 2.0.0.2 in MobiHand and in App World (although it was just approved there, so it may take time for their servers to all sync up and for you to see the update). This update should hopefully resolve any voice dialing issues for the users that were experiencing them.
    04-01-10 08:45 AM
    Anyone have the following problem. With the phone in its pouch and patternlock engaged if the phone rings and you pull it out the bottom quarter of patternlock is showing and although the phone keys show when you press the green key nothing happens.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-10 10:41 AM
    I installed the update and my phone went into a frenzy of flickering. So, I deleted PatternLock and am now using LockIt which fully locks the screen. No more illumination when it's in my pocket. Battery usage is much better, too

I have used PatternLock for 6 months and it's a cute app but really not fully effective since it doesn't fully lock the screen. Also, I have so say it is way over-engineered which must contribute to why they are constantly releasing new versions.

I see they just released another one...I guess to fix the bug that I was having...Oh wait, apparently there was a new problem with voice dialing. Sorry. Not a user anymore.
    04-01-10 11:05 AM
    I installed the update and my phone went into a frenzy of flickering. So, I deleted PatternLock and am now using LockIt which fully locks the screen. No more illumination when it's in my pocket. Battery usage is much better, too

I have used PatternLock for 6 months and it's a cute app but really not fully effective since it doesn't fully lock the screen. Also, I have so say it is way over-engineered which must contribute to why they are constantly releasing new versions.

I see they just released another one...I guess to fix the bug that I was having...Oh wait, apparently there was a new problem with voice dialing. Sorry. Not a user anymore.
    Regarding your 'frenzy of flickering', would you mind sharing more information with us about your OS, device version, options, etc? Had you uninstalled the previous version of PatternLock before installing version 2.0?

We are sorry to hear that you will no longer be using PatternLock, however we disagree with your comment that the application is 'over engineered'. If your definition of an application being over-engineered is that the developers release updates for it, then pretty much any application out there would fall under this category. The number of different OS builds and device models out there is so large that it is near impossible to test an application on every permutation. Our customers are really good about getting in touch with us about an issue they have on their specific setup, and we try to fix the issue for them as fast as possible. Unfortunately, you feel that us taking the effort to help these customers and releasing an update is actually a negative aspect. We would have been glad to look into your issue as well, however we never received any contact from you at our support address for assistance. We cannot fix an issue we aren't aware of. Feel free to contact our support address with more information about your issue and setup, and we will be happy to try to assist you.
    04-01-10 11:29 AM
    Regarding your 'frenzy of flickering', would you mind sharing more information with us about your OS, device version, options, etc? Had you uninstalled the previous version of PatternLock before installing version 2.0?

We are sorry to hear that you will no longer be using PatternLock, however we disagree with your comment that the application is 'over engineered'. If your definition of an application being over-engineered is that the developers release updates for it, then pretty much any application out there would fall under this category. The number of different OS builds and device models out there is so large that it is near impossible to test an application on every permutation. Our customers are really good about getting in touch with us about an issue they have on their specific setup, and we try to fix the issue for them as fast as possible. Unfortunately, you feel that us taking the effort to help these customers and releasing an update is actually a negative aspect. We would have been glad to look into your issue as well, however we never received any contact from you at our support address for assistance. We cannot fix an issue we aren't aware of. Feel free to contact our support address with more information about your issue and setup, and we will be happy to try to assist you.
    tafasa, Thank you for your response. I have had occasion to contact you a couple of times and I must say that your customer service is exemplary.

I have a 9550 on vzn with OS 5.0.0.320 and several apps such as BerryWeather, QuickLaunch and RadioSaver.

The problem came after the first most recent update of PatterLock, when I plugged the phone in, expecting it to automatically enter "Sleep Mode". This resulted in the PatterLock screen flashing. It took a battery pull to get it out of this mode and I quickly deleted your app and switched LockIt on...No more problems and the screen is now fully locked.

The main reason for deleting PatternLock from my phone is that it does not lock the screen. That is to say, while normal data entry is prevented when PatternLock has "locked", the screen can still activate. In my usage, which is to keep the phone bouncing around in my pocket, this means that the screen remains lit for a large fraction of the time and drains the battery. Secondarily, another reason that I removed it is because there is apparently no way to shut off PatterLock other than by deleting it (unlike LockIt which can be easily turned on and off). If neither of these things are true, then see the "overengineered" section below.

Of course, my use of "overengineered" has assumptions and personal values--but also experience as an overseer of software development--built into it. I purchased PatternLock so that my screen would time out and lock without my needing to push the lock button. I also like the added feature of efficiently entering an unlock code by touch on a touch screen without having to enter numbers which are more cumbersome. However, I find many of the other features to be superfulous and distracting to these main functions. Furthermore, the decriptions of these extraneous (*value judgement alert*) are often cryptic. My experience is that more features adds to complexity and makes it harder to debug across a wide range of platforms. I believe that the results of this complexity can be observed in your need to often issue one or more revisions in rapid succession whenever you do an update.
    04-01-10 01:16 PM
    tafasa, Thank you for your response. I have had occasion to contact you a couple of times and I must say that your customer service is exemplary.

I have a 9550 on vzn with OS 5.0.0.320 and several apps such as BerryWeather, QuickLaunch and RadioSaver.

The problem came after the first most recent update of PatterLock, when I plugged the phone in, expecting it to automatically enter "Sleep Mode". This resulted in the PatterLock screen flashing. It took a battery pull to get it out of this mode and I quickly deleted your app and switched LockIt on...No more problems and the screen is now fully locked.

The main reason for deleting PatternLock from my phone is that it does not lock the screen. That is to say, while normal data entry is prevented when PatternLock has "locked", the screen can still activate. In my usage, which is to keep the phone bouncing around in my pocket, this means that the screen remains lit for a large fraction of the time and drains the battery. Secondarily, another reason that I removed it is because there is apparently no way to shut off PatterLock other than by deleting it (unlike LockIt which can be easily turned on and off). If neither of these things are true, then see the "overengineered" section below.

Of course, my use of "overengineered" has assumptions and personal values--but also experience as an overseer of software development--built into it. I purchased PatternLock so that my screen would time out and lock without my needing to push the lock button. I also like the added feature of efficiently entering an unlock code by touch on a touch screen without having to enter numbers which are more cumbersome. However, I find many of the other features to be superfulous and distracting to these main functions. Furthermore, the decriptions of these extraneous (*value judgement alert*) are often cryptic. My experience is that more features adds to complexity and makes it harder to debug across a wide range of platforms. I believe that the results of this complexity can be observed in your need to often issue one or more revisions in rapid succession whenever you do an update.
    Just to address a few of your points.

1) PatternLock can be disabled by simply turning off the autolock features. We do not have a one option enable/disable because each feature is independent.

2) Was your screen flicker only occurring once you entered into bedside mode? Did it happen in other regular use? Do you have PatternLock set to unlock when you plug it in to charge?

3) We understand that there are lots of options, and some users just want the basic features. For that reason, we released PatternLock Lite a while back which goes back to the basics of just autolock on startup and autolock on timeout. No other features there, and completely free.

4) When we release updates in quick succession, it isn't because the issues are major and need fixing immediately, but rather that we want to please all our customers as fast as possible. Other developers may take a situation which they identify to affect only a subset of users and just keep the fix waiting until the next major release. We don't operate that way, and would rather get things out right away. It's unfortunate that our attempt to please customers faster makes you feel this way.
    04-01-10 01:30 PM
    Just my 2 cents: I like the app a lot. I wish there were notifications for missed calls and facebook etc etc. Are there any plans to integrate with any other weather service such as weathereye? Also, I think the notification icons for emails and SMS look too similar. Thanks!
    04-01-10 01:34 PM
    The main reason for deleting PatternLock from my phone is that it does not lock the screen. That is to say, while normal data entry is prevented when PatternLock has "locked", the screen can still activate. In my usage, which is to keep the phone bouncing around in my pocket, this means that the screen remains lit for a large fraction of the time and drains the battery.
    Like you, when I have the phone in my pocket, I like to have the screen locked. I just have the hardware lock key NOT assigned to PatternLock (I have PL assigned to a convenience key) and before I put it in my pocket I just hit the lock key. After a set time, PL does engage but I still have to press the hardware lock key first and then enter the unlock design. It just feels like double protection to me.
    04-01-10 01:52 PM
    Just my 2 cents: I like the app a lot. I wish there were notifications for missed calls and facebook etc etc. Are there any plans to integrate with any other weather service such as weathereye? Also, I think the notification icons for emails and SMS look too similar. Thanks!
    Version 2.0 has the OS 5.0 style notifications for SMS and MMS which look a lot different. It also has notifications for missed calls and BBM.
    04-01-10 01:53 PM
    Patternlock lite is available for 2.0.0.2 download from appworld but the paid version isn't yet?! What is wrong with that place! I bought 2 apps there ever and this is one of them *sigh* the wait is on... Those themes are looking awesome!!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-01-10 02:27 PM
    PL does not lock when in my holster anymore. Just upgraded to the 2.0.0.2. Also, is there any way to free up the volume key when the screen is locked when on a phone call?
    04-01-10 03:37 PM
    PL does not lock when in my holster anymore. Just upgraded to the 2.0.0.2. Also, is there any way to free up the volume key when the screen is locked when on a phone call?
    Do you have PatternLock set to not autolock when certain applications are running. If so, are any of these applications running? Are you sure you have autolock on holster set to yes? Which build were you using before 2.0.0.2 where this feature worked for you?
    04-01-10 04:15 PM
    Do you have PatternLock set to not autolock when certain applications are running. If so, are any of these applications running? Are you sure you have autolock on holster set to yes? Which build were you using before 2.0.0.2 where this feature worked for you?
    Pandora is the only application set to not auto lock. It is not running. Auto lock in holster is set to yes. I didn't really notice if it didn't work since your last major upgrade 2.0, but it did work before that.
    04-01-10 04:22 PM
    Like you, when I have the phone in my pocket, I like to have the screen locked. I just have the hardware lock key NOT assigned to PatternLock (I have PL assigned to a convenience key) and before I put it in my pocket I just hit the lock key. After a set time, PL does engage but I still have to press the hardware lock key first and then enter the unlock design. It just feels like double protection to me.
    Yeh. That is kind of what I do. Convenience keys disabled. However, PL goes into a "solid" lock only occasionally (almost never) and unpredictably. (I'm talking about the previous version, here. The new one is removed for now.) With QuickLock, after the set time the screen locks solid and will not light or click until I press the power button. That's what I am looking for. Of course, QL doesn't have the unlock pattern.
    04-01-10 06:49 PM
    Patternlock lite is available for 2.0.0.2 download from appworld but the paid version isn't yet?! What is wrong with that place! I bought 2 apps there ever and this is one of them *sigh* the wait is on... Those themes are looking awesome!!
    I was excited to finally see v2.0.0.2 show up in AppWorld. Then I downloaded/installed it and I couldn't find any differences. Deleted it, downloaded it again, but noticed while downloading that the file final download size was 262k/202k (not a typo). So, it looks like they are showing v2, but when you hit install, you are still getting the old version.

If I hadn't also just messed up my MobiHand account because of a device replacement and new PIN today, I'd buy it over there, but that would be wouldn't do me any good at the moment either. Sigh.
    04-01-10 09:04 PM
    I was excited to finally see v2.0.0.2 show up in AppWorld. Then I downloaded/installed it and I couldn't find any differences. Deleted it, downloaded it again, but noticed while downloading that the file final download size was 262k/202k (not a typo). So, it looks like they are showing v2, but when you hit install, you are still getting the old version.

If I hadn't also just messed up my MobiHand account because of a device replacement and new PIN today, I'd buy it over there, but that would be wouldn't do me any good at the moment either. Sigh.
    We emailed App World support asking about why this is happening to users. It is very strange, and unfortunately out of our control. Hopefully they will respond with a fix soon.
    04-01-10 09:18 PM
    With all the problems .. I dont know why people still use app world .. dropped them long ago and am very happy.
    04-01-10 09:33 PM
185 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD