Is it fine to just do the wireless upgrade and if I do will I lose everything I have
    on my phone? I'm not by a computer so what is the best thing to do? Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 11:08 AM
    Get to a pc first and backup your device before you do anything.
    Alsomake sure your battery is fully charged before doing the upgrade.

05-31-09 11:13 AM
    Get to a pc first and backup your device before you do anything.
    Alsomake sure your battery is fully charged before doing the upgrade.

Good advise! Also, OTA availability won't begin for a while yet (10pm Eastern), so you got time yet .
    05-31-09 11:20 AM
    Is it.fine to put my phone on the charger while I do the upgrade also what am I backing up when I do the backup on the pc?

05-31-09 12:04 PM
    Is it.fine to put my phone on the charger while I do the upgrade also what am I backing up when I do the backup on the pc?

1. Yes, it is HIGHLY recommended you put the phone on the charger during the upgrade. It can take a long time (up to two hours according to the warning screen when you start it) and draws a lot of battery power (downloading a very large file, rewriting the OS files, multiple restarts). You do not want the phone to die during the process.

2. Use the DM backup function. Backup your contacts, calendar, and third party apps. There is a sticky at the top of the OS forum that discusses back ups, read it for specifics.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/n0...source-213706/
    05-31-09 12:09 PM
    But will the phone keep all of your apps and stored info? That's what he is asking

05-31-09 12:32 PM
    I don't have access to a computer what do I do

05-31-09 12:38 PM
    But will the phone keep all of your apps and stored info? That's what he is asking

It should. The update is not supposed to wipe your 3rd party apps or contacts/calendar/messages.

That being said, nobody can guarantee that something won't go wrong in the process. Therefore, it is prudent to make a backup first, just in case. You probably won't need it, but if you do, you will be glad you did.
    05-31-09 12:41 PM
    I don't have access to a computer what do I do

You have two choices then. Wait until you do have access to a computer, or go ahead and update OTA and take your chances. You very likely will not have any issue. Making the backup first is simply recommended as insurance in case something goes wrong.
    05-31-09 12:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD