just got the blackberry storm. my first blackberry and i'm hearing good things about the new .109 os. i'm currently on .75 and have no idea how to dl a new os onto my blackberry. can anyone help me? thanks in advance.
    03-02-09 01:01 AM
    03-02-09 01:07 AM
    I don't have desktop manager because I'm on a mac. Is there another way to back-up everything while using pocketmac?

I'm nervous about installing an OS but it's been tempting me for a month or two now.
    03-02-09 01:50 AM
    just got the blackberry storm. my first blackberry and i'm hearing good things about the new .109 os. i'm currently on .75 and have no idea how to dl a new os onto my blackberry. can anyone help me? thanks in advance.
    The only offical OS is the .75. All others as leaked/betas and may have issues. Read more and proceed with caution.
    03-02-09 06:17 AM
    To the op I have a mac too u need vmware or parallels to upgrade your os or a winblows machine
    Or boot camp
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 06:37 AM
    Mine clicks but definitely not as loud as it does in the commercial

03-02-09 06:58 AM
    Since you just bought the Storm, I strongly suggest you to keep the original OS (i.e. .75) for at least a week or two first. You need to set yourself the baseline of the device BEFORE you upgrade anything. In that way, if there is any issue arises, you know it is caused by the new OS and not the device itself.

Furthermore, the leaked OS is not officially supported by Verizon. If you run into problem, you are on your own. It is also at Verizon's discretion if they will honor any warranty or not. Technically, you void the warranty if you install an unsupported OS on the device. So make sure you know what you are doing.
    03-02-09 07:17 AM
    thanks guys, much appreciated. hopefully i can get this thing downpacked.
    03-02-09 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD