I personally think, well at least I am hoping, that the reason RIM and Verizon is taking so long for a new official OS to be released is two reasons. One being they are not only trying to fix a lot of the problems that we users have experiencing. Second, because they are trying to make the Storm the device it is capable of being. Lets keep our fingers crossed. Does anyone else have an opinion on this theory?
    Last edited by bjb5203; 04-04-09 at 04:25 PM.
    04-04-09 04:01 PM
    I personally think, well at least I am hoping, that the reason RIM and Verizon is taking so long for a new official OS to be released it because they are not only trying to fix a lot of the problems that we users have been dealing with for way to long, but also because they are trying to make the Storm the device it is capable of being. Lets keep our fingers crossed. Does anyone else have an opinion on this theory?
    (Trying to catch breath from chasing run-on sentences)

OK, I'm better now. Yeah, I'm hoping the new OS is well worth the wait. On the other hand, I bet we will be dissapointed if we think like that. We should all try to temper our expectations.
    04-04-09 04:17 PM
    No, Verizon is slow at OS updates, period. You'll probably wait another month, get .113 from VZW be p!ssed off and life goes on. We can all hope though!!
    04-04-09 04:19 PM
    I personally think, well at least I am hoping, that the reason RIM and Verizon is taking so long for a new official OS to be released is two reasons. One being they are not only trying to fix a lot of the problems that we users have experiencing. Second, because they are trying to make the Storm the device it is capable of being. Lets keep our fingers crossed. Does anyone else have an opinion on this theory?
    no one cares what you personally think! its not up to rim for OS updates, its verizon!
    04-04-09 04:27 PM
    no one cares what you personally think! its not up to rim for OS updates, its verizon!
    Apparently you cared enough to read and respond to the post!
    04-04-09 04:29 PM
    It is widely beleived that they will be releasing .113 after they are done testing. It is much better than .75 (last official). Then there will be future updates sometime down the road.

Hang in there and the OS's will get better. - Don't let the rudeness of others bother you on these boards.
    04-04-09 04:34 PM
    lol true.. I'm just giving you a hard time... we have had so many threads here about people giving there side of the story why there taking forever to come out... its just old news and no one knows when one will be out and why its taking forever...

all i do know is that RIM is testing out .19* rim is way way way a head of OS updates VS what we have here and what is leaked to us... trust me, there are way bigger OS updates coming out for the storm

.113 which we have now (leaked) had failed testing a long time ago. never will become official.
    Last edited by mjbesen310; 04-04-09 at 06:08 PM.
    04-04-09 04:35 PM
    AAAAND here we go again....

because 24 hours passing since the LAST time we had to speculate is just TOO damn long, ain't it?

major SIGH
    04-04-09 04:39 PM
    Haha good point +1

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 04:58 PM
    AAAAND here we go again....

because 24 hours passing since the LAST time we had to speculate is just TOO damn long, ain't it?

major SIGH
    +karma

I agree.

RIM has done an amazing job on keeping these builds on lock down.

So we probably wont see another leak for awhile.
    04-04-09 05:04 PM
    It is widely beleived that they will be releasing .113 after they are done testing.
    Then again it was widely believed that a new OS would be released on [insert random date here], with many people absolutely sure .113 was going to be released on 4/1/9.

Don't believe anything you hear, and only half of what you see.
    04-04-09 05:57 PM
    lol true.. I'm just giving you a hard time... we have had so many threads here about people giving there side of the story why there taking forever to come out... its just old news and no one knows when one will be out and why its taking forever...

all i do know is that RIM is testing out .9** rim is way way way a head of OS updates VS what we have here and what is leaked to us... trust me, there are way bigger OS updates coming out for the storm

.113 which we have now (leaked) had failed testing a long time ago. never will become official.
    I think you mean .19*. Not trying to get technical, but if you are going to lay out the knowledge watch what you put, it can get people confused and create hysteria (the last part is obviously a joke!)
    04-04-09 05:58 PM
    I think you mean .19*. Not trying to get technical, but if you are going to lay out the knowledge watch what you put, it can get people confused and create hysteria (the last part is obviously a joke!)
    no, its actually .190 there at right now there way a head of us we won't see this though for a long while yet though
    04-04-09 06:00 PM
    no, its actually .190 there at right now there way a head of us we won't see this though for a long while yet though
    I was just making you aware that you put .9** and not .19* in your original post.
    04-04-09 06:05 PM
    I was just making you aware that you put .9** and not .19* in your original post.
    oh crap, your right. im editing that right now,.... thanks for the heads up
    04-04-09 06:07 PM
    oh crap, your right. im editing that right now,.... thanks for the heads up
    no problem. Your reply to my comment had me very confused!
    04-04-09 06:17 PM
    Then again it was widely believed that a new OS would be released on [insert random date here], with many people absolutely sure .113 was going to be released on 4/1/9.

Don't believe anything you hear, and only half of what you see.
    What on Earth are you talking about? I downloaded .113 on April 1st,
    OTA from Verizon. Have you checked your OTA Update lately?

04-04-09 06:35 PM
    What on Earth are you talking about? I downloaded .113 on April 1st,
    OTA from Verizon. Have you checked your OTA Update lately?

You are delirious.
    04-04-09 07:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD