Well, the wife is ready to jump to .148. Her concern is her corp email account. I had no issues with my standard email accounts, updated, set them up...everything was smooth. Her concern is not having a smooth transition...like many BB owners, her corp email is a lifeline and she can have no interuptions. Will she have issues, if so, what needs to be done besides backup??

Thanks,

Wenty
    05-29-09 09:59 PM
    Well, the wife is ready to jump to .148. Her concern is her corp email account. I had no issues with my standard email accounts, updated, set them up...everything was smooth. Her concern is not having a smooth transition...like many BB owners, her corp email is a lifeline and she can have no interuptions. Will she have issues, if so, what needs to be done besides backup??

Thanks,

Wenty
    Just back it up, then talk to your IT department and have them ready to reactivate your device back onto the BES
    05-29-09 09:59 PM
    My son is on BES and I updated his phone several times with no problems.

on my Laptop, I backed up the data and apps, used AppLoader to update the OS and made sure the automatic backup had worked.

We then connected his phone to his computer which was connected to his employers system via VPN, opened DM and it automatically revalidated to BES.

It may depend on how her employer has the Blackberry server configured.
    05-29-09 10:40 PM
    more times than not your IT Admin puts an expiration date on your BES Activation. Once you are activated, i will not expire but your password will need to be reset. When I have changed OS, all I have had to do is call corporate and ask them to reset my password on the BES server. Then I reactivate and I am good to go. Seems that my company uses something in the range of 30 days for password life.

Your back-up process will restore all settings and any messages or calendar entries stored on your phone. You will just need to get reactivated to get new emails
    05-30-09 01:03 PM
    My company also pushes the activation through the Desktop Manager program. That is the easiest as you can install the new OS and then run the Desktop Manager.

If that doesn't work, contact your IT department directly so they can walk you through the activation process.

Regardless, I would for sure run a backup before proceeding.

Good luck!
    05-30-09 01:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD