ok so im in need of a replacement and ive called three times already with no luck. first they send me to the store where i bought my storm, they dint want to replace it because they "dint have any" then i called to get it by mail and they couldnt "locate where you got youre storm" so they told me to go to a nearby store with tech guys and all that thing. so finally i call again and she said that ALL phones are the same and that there is a new os coming in a couple of weeks and that it will improve screen clicking( wtf?) is that possible? can a software upgrade improve hardware defect?
    01-10-09 03:09 PM
    if your screen is not making a click properly, there is no software that can fix that.

they may be talking about if the screen is not responding to your click properly. this can be resolved for software, it was greatly improved between .65 and .75... I could not click on the menus in word mole at all in .65, it took like 10 times, but can no problem with .75.
    01-10-09 03:12 PM
    No. If you are having a screen click problem, call Verizon and select option 3. Tell the tech what's going and that CS still told you to call tech support even though its hardware and not software. They should do you right!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-09 03:13 PM
    I have a similar problem. Is the screen staying stuck down when you click?

I had this problem and went to Verizon. The lady there just picked up the phone and called verizon tech support. She said we do not do anything with the Storm here since we do not have any in store to replace.

The lady on the phone said to change the settings. Options, Screen/keyboard, Touchscreen. The lady on the phone had me jack up the settings on that. The phone started fine, then had problems for only a few hours, now it works really well

The only quick fix I have found is pulling out the battery and letting the phone do a hard reset.
    01-10-09 03:54 PM
    [QUOTE=gdawg1881;1381417]I have a similar problem. Is the screen staying stuck down when you click?

I had this problem and went to Verizon. The lady there just picked up the phone and called verizon tech support. She said we do not do anything with the Storm here since we do not have any in store to replace.

The lady on the phone said to change the settings. Options, Screen/keyboard, Touchscreen. The lady on the phone had me jack up the settings on that. The phone started fine, then had problems for only a few hours, now it works really well

What did you change the settings too for the three settings:
    Tap Interval
    Hover Period
    Swipe Sensitivity

More detail may be helpful to other users.
    01-10-09 04:27 PM
    man i think im just gonna end up keeping it.... its not that bad i guess. it would be nice though if it would click the same all around and not have any dust inside the phone
    01-10-09 04:27 PM
    yeah i keep messing around with those settings too but it doesnt seem to affect it much i keep the tap interval at 250 hover period at 100 and swipe sensitivity at four
    01-10-09 04:51 PM
    Not too much different than mine. I have Tap at 150, Hover at 200 and Swipe at (High) 6.

This seems to work very well for me.
    01-10-09 05:27 PM
    theres a fix for that, with a t6 screwdriver, i loosened my screws maybe one or 2 turns, and this clicking is PERFECT, before it felt a little depressed on one side.

you can get the screwdrivers at sears
    01-11-09 05:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD