Anyone know when or have an idea when the next OFFICIAL release will come out?
    02-08-09 07:27 PM
    Take a number. Good luck with this thread.
    02-08-09 07:29 PM
    3/31 apparently, but its all not known

theres also a search button, you can use that as well! or just reading almost every other thread will answer this
    02-08-09 07:32 PM
    Smart a$$ answers not warranted or needed. I'm a newbie.
    02-08-09 07:44 PM
    I am told it is to be released in Summer 09 but you know how RIM is and with the mess up when they released the Storm for Sale with Verizon they are not about to let another bugy release out so all you can do is go for the leaked verisons, if you haven't downloaded Sith's .100 verison I would do so, i just upgraded my brand new storm from .75 to .100 and LOVE IT
    02-08-09 07:47 PM
    This is where it will be when it is released:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/of...thread-123176/
    Subscribe to it and you will be notified.
    02-08-09 07:51 PM
    I am told it is to be released in Summer 09 but you know how RIM is and with the mess up when they released the Storm for Sale with Verizon they are not about to let another bugy release out so all you can do is go for the leaked verisons, if you haven't downloaded Sith's .100 verison I would do so, i just upgraded my brand new storm from .75 to .100 and LOVE IT
    Not to be a ****, but you just said in the findings thread you didn't know how to install after the download...

I'm not sure it's the best idea to encourage newbies(not that I'm an expert by any means) to install an OS that may well brick the phone...It hasn't even been out 24 hours yet...

just my .02
    02-08-09 07:56 PM
    I realize I'm still technically a newbie here, but I'm active in several forums elsewhere. Anytime I join a new forum, I always try to read enough to get up to speed so I don't ask questions that have already been asked (many times, in this case). I know the Storm is a great phone and running new leaked OSes is really fun (especially when they're better than the latest official release) but take your time, slow down and read a few things. You'll learn A LOT. I know I have. Welcome to CB.
    02-08-09 08:59 PM
    <sigh> That's just a TARGET date, it's not set in stone or anything. It could come sooner, later, or bang on... They're just aiming for 3/31, and that's just Verizon. Bell, Telus, and Voda might have different release schedules.

Did anyone actually READ the BGR article where it very clearly stated that the 3/31 date was a TARGET date, not an official time table?
    02-08-09 09:04 PM
    <sigh> That's just a TARGET date, it's not set in stone or anything. It could come sooner, later, or bang on... They're just aiming for 3/31, and that's just Verizon. Bell, Telus, and Voda might have different release schedules.

Did anyone actually READ the BGR article where it very clearly stated that the 3/31 date was a TARGET date, not an official time table?
    Where was this target 3/31 date even mentioned?
    02-08-09 09:34 PM
    Where was this target 3/31 date even mentioned?
    At the bottom of the Verizon 2 for 1 sale article.
    02-08-09 09:37 PM
    At the bottom of the Verizon 2 for 1 sale article.
    blueberry arnt you the guy that started the whole thiong about an official being released within in the week, did you just stop promoting that BS or what

and to the OP, use the search or actually read around b4 you post. but yeah i wouldnt even consider BGR response to be legit seeing as crackberry and every other smartphone site hasnt recognized it. I would suggest before march 31 because of the addition of the app storefront that will come but who knows but god and chuck norris
    02-08-09 09:54 PM
    read b4 you start another useless thread.
    02-08-09 10:02 PM
    blueberry arnt you the guy that started the whole thiong about an official being released within in the week, did you just stop promoting that BS or what
    I never said it will be out within the week. I never said when, I said we are close to one. Also I said it wasn't the March 31.
    02-08-09 10:05 PM
    That's their supposed target date so hopefully sometime prior to that.

To repeat a line some programmer friends of mine say when asked when the next version of their app will be out "when it's done."
    02-08-09 10:10 PM
    no one knows really.. just enjoy the leaks.. and when it comes it comes
    02-08-09 10:37 PM
    no one knows really.. just enjoy the leaks.. and when it comes it comes
    Yes this is correct no one really knows. But we are close to a new official release.
    02-08-09 10:39 PM
    so when this official release does come out, will it be a leak we've seen or some blackbox software they've been off perfecting somewhere?
    02-08-09 11:55 PM
    I never said it will be out within the week. I never said when, I said we are close to one. Also I said it wasn't the March 31.
    Yea i remember you saying we were close but any ***** can tell you that
    02-09-09 12:11 AM
    so when this official release does come out, will it be a leak we've seen or some blackbox software they've been off perfecting somewhere?
    All of these leaked builds are working milestones toward an eventual official release. When it comes the release may be the same as one of the leaks or a completely different build. It may or may not be newer than the most recent leak at that time, and to make things even more confusing, VZW, Telus, and Bell may end up releasing different builds and Vodaphone will almost certainly be a different build number from the others

Head spinning yet? ;-)
    02-09-09 12:19 AM
    ...When it comes the release may be the same as one of the leaks or a completely different build. It may or may not be newer than the most recent leak at that time...
    I've heard it will be higher then the leaks out now...
    02-09-09 02:52 PM
    Yea i remember you saying we were close but any ***** can tell you that
    A very reliable source said it. And I know everyone will say the same about the source.
    02-09-09 02:53 PM
    I've heard it will be higher then the leaks out now...
    Myst likely yes, since the releases now have some significant bugs, but what I was saying is that the next official release may not be the most recent leaked one at the time. Leaks tend to be the most recent or one of the most recent somewhat stable builds at the time they are leaked BUT in order for VZW to release one it has to go through AT LEAST two weeks of TA testing before it is a go. During that time it is possible that a newer build will leak. The BB OS is in a never ending state of development and just because a new OS comes out does not mean that they stop making changes and generating more testing builds.

Case in point: Blackberry Bold. Avea released .216 as an official release about a month ago, BUT just days before .219 leaked and .217 had been out for a week or so before that.
    02-09-09 07:51 PM
    Myst likely yes, since the releases now have some significant bugs, but what I was saying is that the next official release may not be the most recent leaked one at the time. Leaks tend to be the most recent or one of the most recent somewhat stable builds at the time they are leaked...
    Yeah I get what your saying. I just hope that it will be a really good stable OS cause from what I heard about the others is that they all somewhat suck.
    02-09-09 07:54 PM
    Yeah I get what your saying. I just hope that it will be a really good stable OS cause from what I heard about the others is that they all somewhat suck.
    Yes they all have bugs and some broken features. My sources expect it to be one of the .12x range but we shall see. They are already at least up to .107 and probably higher now.
    02-09-09 08:00 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD