Ever since I have updated to the .148 OS the graphics on all my wallpapers is horrible also to mention the transparent squares behind every icon. Is there an easy fix for this, or are we stuck with another crappy OS for awhile? I liked .75 better just for the visual appeal.
    06-01-09 03:43 PM
    Jerde: I haven't had a graphics problems as of yet. I am using the 10 icon glow stack theme, but switched to the original precision zen theme to see if the box around the icons looked any different. Sorry guy, there seems to be no change at all. I've been on .148 about two weeks now and it really seems to work pretty well. Maybe something in the OS got corrupted when you downloaded the OS. Hope this helps.
    06-01-09 03:50 PM
    What your referring to is called "color banding". It was done to speed up the user interface. It looks like crap IMO. .90 was the last operating system with the good colors. Hopefully they can fix it in the newer versions and still retain the extra speed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 03:56 PM
    Ever since I have updated to the .148 OS the graphics on all my wallpapers is horrible also to mention the transparent squares behind every icon. Is there an easy fix for this, or are we stuck with another crappy OS for awhile? I liked .75 better just for the visual appeal.
    What you are describing is called Color Banding. Many on the forum think it is no big deal, but you, me and others have been called "anal" for complaining about this.

Pretty much instead of using 32bits to describe the color of each pixel on the screen, they use 15-16 bits instead. It results in much less processor/graphics overhead, but makes things like glass effects look absolutely awful. I agree with you that it needs to be remedied. As of yet there is no version that supports it, but there is a rumor the next leaked version may have a fix.
    06-01-09 03:59 PM
    Go do a search for color banding and go cry and ***** with the other OCD ******* who make a big deal about it.
    06-01-09 04:00 PM
    looks fine to me, I like it actually. Like i said in anpother post, if the damn phone would quit flickering and blacking out...i would be in good shape!!!
    06-01-09 04:00 PM
    Go do a search for color banding and go cry and ***** with the other OCD ******* who make a big deal about it.
    Go take another hit from your peace pipe, looks like you need one.
    06-01-09 04:09 PM
    What you are describing is called Color Banding. Many on the forum think it is no big deal, but you, me and others have been called "anal" for complaining about this.

Pretty much instead of using 32bits to describe the color of each pixel on the screen, they use 15-16 bits instead. It results in much less processor/graphics overhead, but makes things like glass effects look absolutely awful. I agree with you that it needs to be remedied. As of yet there is no version that supports it, but there is a rumor the next leaked version may have a fix.
    Thanks for explaining. Yes they do need to address this if people want sweet looking themes to look their best. Really I haven't notices any difference in speed from .75 to .148. besides the camera. Love my Storm but I guess I'll look forward to a decent OS that can have great ALL AROUND graphics.
    06-01-09 04:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD