I'm looking for help, I have an unlocked Storm and I'm with T-Mobile. I want to install the newest OS, right now I have .75. But I want to know what do I need to do to retain my browser and MMS icons. I went to PTaylor do install these icons for the .75, but I don't want to run the risk of installing the new system just to uninstall it. Any one out there with TMobile using the new OS and still have your browser and mms icons?
    02-03-09 09:46 AM
    If you use the backup feature in DM it will save a copy of everything on the device except for 3rd party apps. After installing you can do a restore and it will restore the service books you had saved.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-09 10:00 AM
    I'm looking for help, I have an unlocked Storm and I'm with T-Mobile. I want to install the newest OS, right now I have .75. But I want to know what do I need to do to retain my browser and MMS icons. I went to PTaylor do install these icons for the .75, but I don't want to run the risk of installing the new system just to uninstall it. Any one out there with TMobile using the new OS and still have your browser and mms icons?
    Kami,

I am running .90 with PT's +im service books. When you update the OS through desktop manager it will wipe out the service books. Simply re-do the same steps you did to originally put them on and your phone and you should be good.

Just as a heads up, that people have been having some problems with .99 and the service books. Not to say you will, but it is just something you want to keep in mind, because if you are asking this question you are just starting out with the experimenting on your bb.

Goodluck!
    02-03-09 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD