Ok, let me start of by saying this is my first blackberry and im new with the DM and everything. So first i download the new update for my phone. i check updates it says need more memory, ok so i deleted a few themes and it restarted my phone and asked that if the phone would be unusable for 2hours do i want to continue. i do and i leave the phone alone for awhile. OK i come back to it around 3 hours later and the phone appears to be off but the led is flashing red every 10 secs or so. I check now at 11:07pm and it still is doing it. The buttons dont work or anyhting? pls help me i need my phone for tomorrow!
    06-02-09 10:08 PM
    do u have a cable? If so, use the DM or apploader.

PM me if you still need help and Ill give you my number and walk u through it........
    06-02-09 10:10 PM
    ok i plugged the phone into my laptop using the DM and it doesnt recognize it. it says no device connected
    06-02-09 10:15 PM
    Ok so any luck ? I wouldnt worry about the computer saying it could not recognize it. Just plug it in and try to run the update again through application loader and see what it does.
    06-02-09 10:17 PM
    ok, its downloading modules. 35 out of 255 i think i did it right
    06-02-09 10:21 PM
    It's a bricked phone. While its not impossible to really brick a phone you will have to be able to "catch" it as it keeps running through OS Commands trying to load. When mine gets bricked, due to some weird updates sometimes, I usually have to catch it being recognized it when the red light lights up.

In the end you may have to Command Prompt your way to get your phone to be discoverable as well. Your computer needs to locate your phone in order to put the OS somewhere. There are links around this site that can help you, but someone else should probably be able to post it before I do, since i'm doing a lot of things lol.
    06-02-09 10:22 PM
    holy **** my phone just turned on so i think it workeed its got a white screen wih a phone and a computer, bbetter than where i was at
    06-02-09 10:26 PM
    Is it working yet?
    06-02-09 10:36 PM
    ok new update. got my phone on but all my info is gone. wtf
    06-02-09 10:39 PM
    yea you may be screwed since something obviously didn't go right on the initial try. It looks like your info was not backed up. However you may be in luck. I would search your computer for 'loaderbackup" and see if you find anything. Thats usually the backup file desktop manager will create when updating an OS. Good luck man.
    06-02-09 10:52 PM
    yea you may be screwed since something obviously didn't go right on the initial try. It looks like your info was not backed up. However you may be in luck. I would search your computer for 'loaderbackup" and see if you find anything. Thats usually the backup file desktop manager will create when updating an OS. Good luck man.
    I doubt you will find the file, but it is usually in My Documents folder if it exists. It will be a .axl file
    06-02-09 11:30 PM
    I doubt you will find the file, but it is usually in My Documents folder if it exists. It will be a .axl file
    edit: should be an "ipd" file
    06-02-09 11:32 PM
    i couldnt find any file. am i supposed to back up the phone myself?
    06-03-09 02:00 PM
    edit: should be an "ipd" file
    Thanks for catching that. IPD is correct for data backup.
    06-03-09 03:16 PM
    i couldnt find any file. am i supposed to back up the phone myself?
    It is always a good idea to back up the data and the third party apps before any upgrade. A backup will be done by DM fi requested, but it is not always successful

Do a search on your PC for a file named LoaderBackup-(2009-06-xx).ipd Where xx is the day you did the update. You can probably just search for LoaderBackup.

Also, try opening DM and going to backup/restore and then restore and see if DM finds the file.
    06-03-09 03:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD