I searched and searched, I cannot find any new message, opened or unopened, and this one message indicator icon is driving me insane. I have two email accounts going into my Storm 9530. When I highlight over the Messages icon it says one (1), not over the other email addresses. There is no message in any folder, I checked them all. I searched them all.
    How do I get rid of this light or find this mysterious message?
    02-23-09 01:50 PM
    What is your icon grid size? I had the same problem in .75 after switching from default to 4x4. Switching back to default instantly resolved the problem.
    02-23-09 01:54 PM
    I had that happen when I got a replacement phone, and it turned out there were a couple of BB service messages with dates of 2006 that were WAAAAAY at the bottom of the messages "folder" or whatever you want to call it. So make sure you scroll through each and every message from first to last.
    02-23-09 01:55 PM
    I am not sure what the icon grid size is. How do I know and how do I change it?
    02-23-09 01:55 PM
    Options>Advanced Options>Accessibility>Grid Layout
    02-23-09 01:57 PM
    When this happens to me I either try a battery pull, or if i don't have 65575 minutes for it to reboot I will just goto the messages box and hit "Mark all as read"... it usually goes away...

sometimes VVM does this too, but its not the usual New Message indicator, it would be the VVM icon.
    02-23-09 02:18 PM
    happened to me twice yesterday. Pulled the battery both times. It's a PIA
    02-23-09 03:15 PM
    For what it's worth, I've learned that a missed call will prompt the message indicator. Look in the message folder for a missed call.
    02-23-09 04:19 PM
    That happened to me once I just went to my text messages and erased all and it worked. I had already went through and didn't find an unread message so i might of missed one.
    02-23-09 04:45 PM
    there is a button you can turn on/off for receiving a missed call sms message, but its not in the standard sms box, you have to go to the missed calls folder (view folders) and see it there...

either that or you have a text or something that you have not read yet.

good luck
    02-23-09 05:20 PM
    I noticed all these things will trigger the message waiting flash on the LED

Facebook notifications
    News/weather channels (Fox news, weatherbug storm warnings, ect)
    Missed calls
    Alerts
    Emails
    BB Messenger

Never would've guessed on the first two but from personal experience.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 05:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD