This is probably a stupid question so I apologize in advance. I tried to do a search but did not find anything on point. I currently have a family plan - my wife has a Razr and I have a Pearl 8130. I am not eligible for an upgrade on either one. If I am able to get a Storm on Friday (or Saturday) do you know if the following will work? I open a new line on my plan for $9.99 per month. I switch my Pearl to that line and put the Storm on my current line which has data plan, etc. First, is that possible? If so, I get the Storm for $200 (after rebate I know) and pay $240 ($9.99 X 24 months) for service for the new line for a total of $440 as opposed to $500 paying retail. Second, under this plan, can I then sell my Pearl or is it tied to the phone line I switched it to? Again I am sure this is a stupid question but I do not know the answer.
    11-18-08 02:44 PM
    plan #1 will work fine
    11-18-08 02:47 PM
    In that case buy it retail, it's only $60 difference in 2 years.
    11-18-08 02:59 PM
    I open a new line on my plan for $9.99 per month. I switch my Pearl to that line and put the Storm on my current line which has data plan, etc. First, is that possible? If so, I get the Storm for $200 (after rebate I know) and pay $240 ($9.99 X 24 months) for service for the new line for a total of $440 as opposed to $500 paying retail. Second, under this plan, can I then sell my Pearl or is it tied to the phone line I switched it to? Again I am sure this is a stupid question but I do not know the answer.
    Don't forget that VZW requires a data plan on whatever line you add the Storm too (min of $29.99).

I will likely add a line as well at the store, then go online and move the Storm onto my primary line (that is not upgrade eligible), then cancel the data plan on the new add a line that no longer has the Storm on it and just put a dumb phone on that line for back-up use.

Expensive way to get the device, but still cheaper versus full retail and don't get hit all at once with the charge.
    11-18-08 03:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD