I work at a verizon retailer and just found out that my store in newton and store in sparta will be getting roughly around 20 BB storms a piece midday friday. The store is called Tri-county audio. i know it is first come first served so the will not allow us to put any on hold.
    11-20-08 11:35 AM
    Any updates on the Clifton, NJ site? How many they got in?
    11-20-08 03:29 PM
    im gonna be at VZW store on Route 10 across from the best buy in East Hanover, NJ anybody? anybody? bueller?
    I'll see ya there pal. I'll be the guy knocking people out at the door. Thanks. No, seriously though.. Thats going to be me.
    11-20-08 03:52 PM
    i think clifton is getting between 10-15
    Any updates on the Clifton, NJ site? How many they got in?
    I called clifton-- they are dueche bags. He said they only have 3 units. i told him to go do himself.
    I called clifton-- they are dueche bags. He said they only have 3 units. i told him to go do himself.
    lol, that's funny...i was thinking about going to clifton but i may just go to the one on 46...
    11-20-08 04:01 PM
    i think clifton is getting between 10-15
    WOW really!!! nah... I don't buy that.
    11-20-08 05:51 PM
    I live in AC, but i'm not going Friday =(

I"m also in AC! I've been holding onto my Treo 650 for to long!!
    11-20-08 05:52 PM
    I want to go to the one in Jersey City, but I'm not sure. The lady I spoke with on Wednesday wasn't sure how many units they would be getting, but did say they had been recieving a lot of calls & there will be a line. Plus they open at 10 but she said be there by 9:30. I'm not sure whay to do. *sigh*

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-08 05:57 PM
    Yea, Rt. 73.

8:45, **** they'll all be gone by then!
    Yea they are opening at 8am. Just talked to a rep, apparently they got "a lot" in.... whatever that means
    11-20-08 06:07 PM
    Anyone who is planning on lining up at a corporate store in northern new jersey, hate to dash your hopes, but there is 1 store on the east coast getting 100--all the rest are getting 10. I am an indirect retailer. I was lucky enough to get mine through another authorized distributor--Verizon is holding back from indirect retailers. I have 75 coming in tomorrow at some point (probably late morning).
    11-20-08 06:09 PM
    I will be hitting the Northfield store on Tilton Rd. when they open at 7am.
    11-20-08 06:23 PM
    Anyone who is planning on lining up at a corporate store in northern new jersey, hate to dash your hopes, but there is 1 store on the east coast getting 100--all the rest are getting 10. I am an indirect retailer. I was lucky enough to get mine through another authorized distributor--Verizon is holding back from indirect retailers. I have 75 coming in tomorrow at some point (probably late morning).
    Nice Clifton, NJ = 100
    11-20-08 06:26 PM
    13 more hrs. and I'll hopefully have my Storm in hand!
    11-20-08 06:27 PM
    I called the Rockaway store about an hour ago and got the (by now) very typical runaround. I was also told:

"We might not be able to let you do the early upgrade (for eligible primary lines) in the store. We would have to order it for you and have it on Saturday."

Now I've heard time and time again that this is a total crock of crap, but I don't want to get shafted. If this is the case, I'll just order it online anyway. There's apparently no guarantee that they would even have one for me Saturday if I wasn't allowed to upgrade at the store. It sounds like I might need to get the store # and manager name and file a complaint if things don't work out.
    11-20-08 07:27 PM
    I'll be going to Woodbridge...they say they will be opening 8am tomorrow, which is an hour earlier than their usual time. They also said, come early because there will be limited storms available tomorrow.....eeeekkk!!!!
    11-20-08 07:58 PM
    So a rep I spoke to the other day just called me and asked if I wanted to have them ship me the phone directly and that it would come no later than tuesday most likely. She said the store got 50 phones in, and she envisioned them selling out within the first half hour to an hour. I told her that I would take my chances and if I don't get one I'll do that.

Looks like my plan of getting to the store at 6 for their 7 o clock opening has just been pushed back to getting there around 4:30 or so =/
    Last edited by ckos9; 11-20-08 at 08:06 PM.
    11-20-08 08:02 PM
    I called the Rockaway store about an hour ago and got the (by now) very typical runaround. I was also told:

"We might not be able to let you do the early upgrade (for eligible primary lines) in the store. We would have to order it for you and have it on Saturday."

Now I've heard time and time again that this is a total crock of crap, but I don't want to get shafted. If this is the case, I'll just order it online anyway. There's apparently no guarantee that they would even have one for me Saturday if I wasn't allowed to upgrade at the store. It sounds like I might need to get the store # and manager name and file a complaint if things don't work out.
    The Rockaway store has THREE in stock...I have 3 stores in Sussex County--I have 75 coming in tomorrow...
    11-20-08 08:51 PM
    The Rockaway store has THREE in stock...I have 3 stores in Sussex County--I have 75 coming in tomorrow...
    retro: which three stores? Also, are you talking about VZW stores or authorized retailers (i.e., Circuit City, Best Buy, etc.) And if you can't name them all, is one of them Succasunna? What time are your stores opening?

I would prefer to get my Storm in person tomorrow, but I don't want to debate with a poorly informed rep that I can't get one because I'm not a "new" customer.
    Last edited by Senator48; 11-20-08 at 09:09 PM.
    11-20-08 09:01 PM
    im goin to my local corp store in manalapan. if theres a line when i get there i gotta wait till after work, ill hit up best buy cc and the mall but by then i doubt there will be any left. retro - i dont believe that. verizon really couldnt be so stupid as to give 3 to a store. im not calling you a liar its just...well...yea your a liar...or verizon suckles the shaft
    11-20-08 09:36 PM
    I'll be going to Woodbridge...they say they will be opening 8am tomorrow, which is an hour earlier than their usual time. They also said, come early because there will be limited storms available tomorrow.....eeeekkk!!!!
    I stopped by there tonight to ask when they're opening and checked if they had a demo. They told me the same thing, come between 8 and 9 because "they will be going fast".

Side note: If you miss out at that one, right down the road is Menlo Mall, they open at 10am. Too bad I have work at 8.
    11-20-08 09:43 PM
    Thanks for the info Tranceformer!!! I will def. keep that in mind!
    11-20-08 10:01 PM
    I will be hitting the Northfield store on Tilton Rd. when they open at 7am.

They told me 8am opening
    11-20-08 10:05 PM
    yup northfield is 8oclock. i ran into a northfield rep at teh gym, and he told me 8am they are opening. hamilton mall is where ya'll will find me
    11-20-08 10:23 PM
    I will be going to the Verizon store in Flemington!

My father owns the Hyundai in Flemington. I should ask him to wait there as well, I may be waiting in Freehold. I'm gonna end up waiting a little though... :\
    11-20-08 10:43 PM
89 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD