I know it is a bit off base, but what if someone put android on a storm. I think it would be pretty cool. I know if you own a blackberry you have it because you like the feel of a blackberry but we have to admit android os and palm pres os and the iphone os all are a little bit more hip.
    06-02-09 02:17 AM
    I hope you got on your blue flame suit on...

06-02-09 02:21 AM
    I hope you got on your blue flame suit on...

What he said lol.

Go easy on him.

I had a g1 and hated android. *puts suite on too*
    06-02-09 02:22 AM
    There's an Android phone coming to VZW.
    06-02-09 02:22 AM
    search more next time... this has been discussed already.
    06-02-09 02:25 AM
    I've used my bro-in-laws G1, and its really nice to use. I thought the UI was way better. Smooth as butter with nice features built in. When it matures it will be awesome.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 02:40 AM
    Being told to search more is getting old. Ill post what I want to.
    06-02-09 02:40 AM
    I know it is a bit off base, but what if someone put android on a storm. I think it would be pretty cool. I know if you own a blackberry you have it because you like the feel of a blackberry but we have to admit android os and palm pres os and the iphone os all are a little bit more hip.
    no they are not and no it cant be done

/end thread
    06-02-09 02:52 AM
    just dl the theme
    06-02-09 02:54 AM
    Anything can be done.
    Im not saying I would want this on my phone, I just think it'd be cool if someone did it.
    Um who says hip any more but I like the storm because its a bb but I do miss my g1 that was a awesome or shall I say "hip" phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 07:18 AM
    This is NOT a new idea. Nice try though.
    06-02-09 12:59 PM
    no they are not and no it cant be done

/end thread
    Yes it can be done. 50 years ago, it was unheard of to leave our planet and travel to another celestial body. Not only have we accomplished this, but commercial trips look like they are in the not too distant future. Don't ever say something can't be done. That's the attitude that restrains humanity's progress. If you were a caveman you would be dam cold while the rest of us enjoyed our fire.

While it would be extremely difficult, it most certainly can be done. Essentially anything can be done with technology as long as you demonstrate a little perseverance.
    06-02-09 01:03 PM
    not an original idea...and it would take some pretty intense hardware and software manipulation on both the device and the OS you plan on installing. basically it is so much work that they'd prolly create and release a new berry with android on it before you could hack and manipulate the existing resources to accomplish the task.

good luck and god speed!
    06-02-09 01:14 PM
    Since the company I work for gave me a new BB I decided to try out the G1. So far I'm impressed but, it doesn't compare to the BB with email functions. Other than that, I'm happy with the device itself...just waiting for the new OS update (cupcake...yeah no joke) is killing me. Get this, the next update is dubbed "doughnut"...sounds a bit silly (more like gay) to me...
    06-02-09 01:19 PM
    Yes it can be done. 50 years ago, it was unheard of to leave our planet and travel to another celestial body. Not only have we accomplished this, but commercial trips look like they are in the not too distant future. Don't ever say something can't be done. That's the attitude that restrains humanity's progress. If you were a caveman you would be dam cold while the rest of us enjoyed our fire.

While it would be extremely difficult, it most certainly can be done. Essentially anything can be done with technology as long as you demonstrate a little perseverance.
    you are over analyzing the "it cant be done" part. like patches said, if you want to do it you have to create a whole new device. the OP is not looking for that as his solution. So no it cant be done applies in this realm of thinking.
    06-02-09 02:02 PM
    you are over analyzing the "it cant be done" part. like patches said, if you want to do it you have to create a whole new device. the OP is not looking for that as his solution. So no it cant be done applies in this realm of thinking.
    I don't think I'm over-analyzing anything. There are two possibilities. It can be done, or it can't be done. You said it can't be done, and I said it can. Simple as that.

Patches did not say you would have to create a new device. He said it would be easier to just create a new device. Regardless of the difficulty of it (I realize it would be extremely difficult) someone out there has the capability to port Android over to the Blackberry Storm. That's all I was saying.
    06-02-09 03:45 PM
    MacGyver can do anything!
    06-02-09 09:59 PM
    basically what i said was "it isn't worth all the trouble. and some developer/manufacturer will do it and mass distribute it before you could figure it out"...in a nut shell
    06-02-09 10:04 PM
    not an original idea...and it would take some pretty intense hardware and software manipulation on both the device and the OS you plan on installing. basically it is so much work that they'd prolly create and release a new berry with android on it before you could hack and manipulate the existing resources to accomplish the task.

good luck and god speed!
    Yeah, wouldn't some ROM chips need to be replaced/reflashed? I'm thinking the device security isn't all software, there's hardware involved, too. Of course, I don't know this... But I assume....
    06-02-09 10:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD