So I use Quickpull to restart every morning. This morning I noticed a new icon in the top left location (default theme), moving all of my icons over one spot.

The icon looks like a suitcase with a blue arrow. I clicked on it this morning, and it said it was starting a synchronization. I clicked the BB key and went to cancel. Since then (6 hours ago) it's been canceling the synch. What is this, and what is it trying to sync too anyway?

Just checked it again now, and once the icon is selected you can see it's trying to sync to my gmail account which is on the Storm2. Says: "Status: Initializing service ([email protected])"

What is this, and why did it show up overnight?
    11-13-10 01:15 PM
    Sounds like it is trying to sync gmail contacts or calendar.
    11-13-10 01:41 PM
    Sounds like it is trying to sync gmail contacts or calendar.
    Yeah.. but I've never seen a new icon show up on the home screen for this.
    11-13-10 01:55 PM
    check the settings on your gmail account in "Email settings", just go to Edit, and look under Synchronization settings... you might have contact sync turned on.
    11-13-10 10:22 PM
    check the settings on your gmail account in "Email settings", just go to Edit, and look under Synchronization settings... you might have contact sync turned on.
    I do and I've never had an icon such as what the OP is describing. The sync options as of the new BIS do this in the background.
    11-14-10 12:19 AM
    Battery pull!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-10 12:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD