So I'm new to these forums, and after reading them for the past month I decided to join the community.

Currently I'm deployed and set to return home soon, and have been looking at new phones. I've been following news of the Storm since it launched. Had many mixed reviews which makes things very hard to judge. So my questions happen to be.

What made you stick with your blackberry through all the bugs?
    How long do you think before the majority of the kinks will be worked out?

It just seems that so many people have gotten frusterated with the Storm and I havent been able to physically put my hands on one yet. Will do as soon as I return home. The screen lag isnt a giant concern of me, cause I'm never that much in a hurry where I need instant gratification, but things like constant random reboots, pressing mute with my cheek, and the blackberry having a mind of its own, becomes my concern. I hope by the time I get home another patch has been released.
    12-26-08 04:50 PM
    All the haters had me nervous too, but I love mine. I'm glad I didn't get the first ones (they seem to have all the problems). They are coming out with OS updates and seem to be slowly fixing problems as they are encountered. This is a first gen device, it's not going to be perfect.
    I think over all, you will be amazed with it.

On a side note, I've talked on my phone quite a bit and have yet to hit any buttons with my cheek. I don't know how vigorously people are rubbing themselves with this phone, but I haven't had that problem

Hope everything goes well for you coming home. I will soon be on my way out...not sure where to yet though.
    12-26-08 04:55 PM
    I have had mine since launch day and I still love it even know it is becoming the red-headed step child! I am new to BBs and I wanted the best tool for my business and I found it. I knew that there were going to be improvements over the next couple of months and it is only making the phone more responsive and more entertaining.

Being a prior member of the U.S. Navy myself I know how you feel missing out on the lastest and greatest, but we used to pull into japan and get the best sometimes too before the US recived the item!

Good luck over seas and a safe return!
    12-26-08 05:03 PM
    I have had mine since launch day and I still love it even know it is becoming the red-headed step child! I am new to BBs and I wanted the best tool for my business and I found it. I knew that there were going to be improvements over the next couple of months and it is only making the phone more responsive and more entertaining.

Being a prior member of the U.S. Navy myself I know how you feel missing out on the lastest and greatest, but we used to pull into japan and get the best sometimes too before the US recived the item!

Good luck over seas and a safe return!
    What part of japan were you in. Currently at Okinawa. I will also be new to the BB world. I've been looking at smartphones for awhile now. I figured the same if I stick it out I'm sure RIM, and Verizon will get there **** in order and fix the issues.
    12-26-08 05:18 PM
    I love mine and it's an original that I've never had to have replaced...also I've never had the cheek clicking stuff while I'm on the phone problem...maybe my cheek just isn't as fat?
    12-26-08 05:38 PM
    What part of japan were you in. Currently at Okinawa. I will also be new to the BB world. I've been looking at smartphones for awhile now. I figured the same if I stick it out I'm sure RIM, and Verizon will get there **** in order and fix the issues.
    I have been to Okinawa, Sendai, (spelling?) and Sasabo. Verizon seems to be working it out for us so I am sure when you return there should be little problems

I love mine and it's an original that I've never had to have replaced...also I've never had the cheek clicking stuff while I'm on the phone problem...maybe my cheek just isn't as fat?

It only happens when you shoulder it! Now with Talklock you can shoulder it no problem, still hear the screen click, and have no interuption until you unlock or end call!
    12-26-08 05:44 PM
    I shoulder it without clicking...I guess I'm just not applying death-grip like pressure to it though lol.
    12-26-08 05:47 PM
    I guess i'll just give it a whirl and worst comes to worst I pay the restocking fee and get a new phone.
    12-26-08 07:44 PM
    I am still on my original I got a week after launch. My screen click isn't to good but I fixed it myself. I have no other problems what so ever

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-08 08:03 PM
    Got mine opening day also. Fixed the clicking issue with a card under the cover and never looked back. No more troublesome Windows Mobile. Great unit, software getting better every update.
    12-26-08 09:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD