I just got my Storm a month ago, and I'd really like to update to .148 from .75. Is this possible? I'm downloading .148 right now, but which guide should I use? I see so many different threads with different instructions...

Thanks!
    05-20-09 03:58 PM
    Okay, so I downloaded the Desktop Manager for .148. Can I just click update and I'm good to go?
    05-20-09 04:11 PM
    Yes, you can go from .75 to .148.... you can go to any version.
    05-20-09 04:26 PM
    Okay, so I downloaded the Desktop Manager for .148. Can I just click update and I'm good to go?
    No, that's not entirely correct. Make sure, if you use DM you are disconnected from the internet.

You really need to read the help guides.
    05-20-09 04:31 PM
    No, that's not entirely correct. Make sure, if you use DM you are disconnected from the internet.

why do you need to be disconnected from the internet?
    i was online while i uploaded .148 and everything was fine
    05-20-09 05:48 PM
    why do you need to be disconnected from the internet?
    i was online while i uploaded .148 and everything was fine
    DM will go look for updates and they will be older(but official) than the one you just dloaded and try to apply it..

so i wuz told
    Last edited by txaggie84; 05-20-09 at 05:55 PM.
    05-20-09 05:51 PM
    DM will go look for updates and they will be older(but official) than the one you just dloaded and try to apply it..

so i wuz told
    oh i see, thanks for the info.
    05-20-09 05:57 PM

You really need to stop listening to urban legend. Internet connection will not affect your patching process if you have a newer version on your computer.

If you eliminate the internet from the proceedure, all you're doing is skipping a step. This does not affect your ability to apply an update, merely prevents it from checking the web for anything more recent.

Every single leak build I have installed without issue while leaving the internet connected to my machine. The interwebz has no bearing on your installation unless there were some newer build available via internet whereupon it would download and install that instead (because it would be newer than what you have currently installed on your computer).

If you can't tell, I'm really sick of this "cure all" advice as it does nothing and gets recommended far too often.
    Last edited by arcanexvi; 05-20-09 at 06:08 PM.
    05-20-09 06:05 PM
    You really need to stop listening to urban legend. Internet connection will not affect your patching process if you have a newer version on your computer.

If you eliminate the internet from the proceedure, all you're doing is skipping a step. This does not affect your ability to apply an update, merely prevents it from checking the web for anything more recent.

Every single leak build I have installed without issue while leaving the internet connected to my machine. The interwebz has no bearing on your installation unless there were some newer build available via internet whereupon it would download and install that instead (because it would be newer than what you have currently installed on your computer).

If you can't tell, I'm really sick of this "cure all" advice as it does nothing and gets recommended far too often.
    Well I am glad your having a peachy time updating, I cant get anything to work
    05-20-09 06:18 PM
    This may be a little off topic.. But can I take my friends phone and and update it on my computer ? He is on 75

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 06:23 PM
    This may be a little off topic.. But can I take my friends phone and and update it on my computer ? He is on 75

yes, just make sure you don't get the back-ups switched.
    My dad and I use the same PC to update, however he has a curve..
    05-20-09 06:26 PM
    .148 is great! You can load it by using the AppLoader Directly. Instead of DM. It's also a good thing if you remove the Components you don't need using Shrink-A-OS or CrackMem.
    05-20-09 06:28 PM
    yes, just make sure you don't get the back-ups switched.
    My dad and I use the same PC to update, however he has a curve..
    thanks.......

05-20-09 06:28 PM
    Yes, I have loaded 3 different Storms from my laptop. Just be careful of the back up files - I did all 3 on different days so it was easy not mess it up.
    05-20-09 08:02 PM

Agree - I've never disconnected from the internet in every upgrade I've done - never had a problem.
    05-20-09 08:04 PM
    Agree - I've never disconnected from the internet in every upgrade I've done - never had a problem.

Same here and i've done every leaked OS to date.
    05-20-09 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD