Hello all,

I have been browsing over the past few day's since I have made the jump from a flip phone to the storm.

Some questions. I have seen it over and over to close all the app's when not useing to save battery. Is there a way to check and see what app's are running?

When I get a voice mail, I also get a sms message (this didnt used to happen on the vz network with my flip phone). Am I getting charged for these? and how do I stop this? its annoying

With the version of AIM that comes with the phone, I have Three questions. 1) how do I get myself to show up as logged in, and not useing a cell phone. 2) does this count as a txt message or data? I have browed the forums, and for what I have read, I wasnt sure if it was the version that comes with the phone... or didnt see a really clear answer. 3) is there a way to stop it from logging itself out as often as it does? or is that just one of the bugs built into it.

Now, to one of my biggest questions: I have added two contacts from the home screen. When I am done adding them, they never seem to save. Further, the numbers that were transfered to my phone... I cant see them in the contacts... but when someone call's me, they show up in the call log. So, how do I add to the contacts? I would think its as simple as make new, enter data, save... but that just doesnt seem to work.

Thanks for reading the long winded post and ignoring my spelling issues.

Jason
    02-15-09 06:41 PM
    What phone did you have before? What does the text message say? If it has //brew in it it's probably something from your last phone.

AIM
    1) It's just the way the program is designed, it will always show you as from mobile, unless you buy a program like Jivetalk when they have a Storm version. I never showed up as mobile on that program
    2) it's data, you should be connected to the data network, unless verizon has done something stupid with the program.
    3) it may require a constant data connection, and if you drop service for a second it'll dc you, again some other programs have better tolerances for this.

I'm not sure I follow your last issue. What do you mean you added two contacts to the home screen?
    02-15-09 06:45 PM
    The "text" message you get, I think is just the system message that says you have a new VM. All messages are listed together in the general messaging app.

Press and hold the BB menu key to see what apps are running.

AIM and other messengers use data.

I'm also confused about your contacts.
    02-15-09 06:50 PM
    Sorry for being unclear about the contacts.

I have added two contacts to my phone, I have accessed and added these two from the home screen. After I have added them, I cannot find them. Also all the contacts that were transfered over from my old phone are missing... including the verizon default added ones like balance.

as far as the sms when I get a vm, I know its not old messages from the other phone... they come in the same time I get a voice mail. Is there any way I can turn this off? or something I just have to put up with?

The message body says " 1 NEW VMAIL 0 URG 0 FAX *86"

I went though my phone after holding the bb button and tried closing everything I could... sevearl things wont close... like the browser for example. Is that normal? kokuryuha my old phone was an LG 8300 (I think that was the model number, its the one with the two speakers on the side and music play and skip options on the front cover)
    02-15-09 08:57 PM
    There are 5 or 6 things that never close

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-09 09:12 PM
    There are a few things that never close, browser, messages, phone, home screen, etc)

Reason I asked about the old phone is sometimes if you have something installed on your old phone but dont deactivate it, you get text messages that your phone used in the background on the new phone. That isnt the case here though, those messages are not actually text messages. they're just notificiations for new messages. At least that's what it sounds like. I don't believe there is a way of deactivating that. Only for missed calls.

As to your phone book it doesn't sound like they transfered your contact book correctly
    02-15-09 09:20 PM
    hmm...

How do I blow the contact book away and start from scatch then? I know the contact's are in there... I see them in my call log... just not in the contact book... at this point, I cannot even add new contacts as those I add never show up.

Another question. The messages folder. I see both messages I have recieved and phone call's is there a way of seperating that?
    02-15-09 09:26 PM
    If you go into the phone options, you can choose which call records show up in the messages.

For the contacts, I say just wipe the device.

Options>Security>General>Open Menu for Wipe Handheld
    02-16-09 12:16 AM
    hmm...

How do I blow the contact book away and start from scatch then? I know the contact's are in there... I see them in my call log... just not in the contact book... at this point, I cannot even add new contacts as those I add never show up.

Another question. The messages folder. I see both messages I have recieved and phone call's is there a way of seperating that?
    You cannot seperate messages and missed calls but what i would do is just turn off missed calls in messages and you can check you call log for them. hit phone, bb menu, options, call logging, change to none.

As to the contacts, that's bizzare... i cant think of why it would be doing this.
    02-16-09 12:21 AM
    Thanks for the responses... I was hoping it was some user/menu issues and I could just fix it that way... Whiping it doesnt sound that bad tough... just have to re add all my contacts.

Thanks again.
    02-16-09 07:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD