Wasn't a waste of time to me. I am wanting a new official OS just like you. As for myself I would want to know the target date so you can say this post is for anyone that wants to know. I can't help that you wasted your time, I'm sure by the subject you knew what it was about. Remember that you opened the thread to read it hey_man_wtf.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    of course I knew what it was about, but when I saw you had absolutely ZERO proof, you deserved to be called out on it

whatever, done, crawl back under your rock
    04-02-09 03:09 PM
    To be honest I just wanna dance.

04-02-09 03:09 PM
    OP is right on the dae bw. The guy on the grassy knoll told me ;p

04-02-09 03:10 PM
    I just don't understand how there can even be a target date. Since VZW doesn't compile the builds, they have no idea when a sufficiently stable build will be provided. And once VZW has received and tested a build enough to determine it is suitable for release, they release it. There is no two-week wait; they generally turn it around within 48 hours or so.

Presumably VZW isn't stupid enough to pick a drop-dead date, and then once that date arrives, just release the best OS they have received to date regardless of how good it is. Since that isn't the case, VZW won't know a build is worthy of official release until the testing is done, and once the testing is done they release it immediately.

Thus, there can be no "target" date. Whenever someone purports to give one, it simply means they heard something from someone else and don't have enough information to know what is really going on. Besides, if they really did know the inner-workings, they would be bound by some form of NDA and wouldn't be speaking on the issue.
    04-02-09 03:10 PM
    of course I knew what it was about, but when I saw you had absolutely ZERO proof, you deserved to be called out on it

whatever, done, crawl back under your rock
    It wouldn't be a Storm forum without a new speculation date a day after the previous failed!!! come on peeps, don't let me down!!!!
    04-02-09 03:13 PM
    Target date for official release is 4/14. Not sure what the version # will be.

These sounds exactly like Verizon rep words, only with a different date, I am going to start a thread just like this but it will read:

Target date for official release is 4/28. Not sure what the version # will be.
    Target date for official release is 5/14. Not sure what the version # will be.
    Target date for official release is 5/28. Not sure what the version # will be.
    Target date for official release is 6/14. Not sure what the version # will be.
    Target date for official release is 6/28. Not sure what the version # will be.
    Target date for official release is 7/14. Not sure what the version # will be.
    Target date for official release is 7/28. Not sure what the version # will be.
    Target date for official release is 8/14. Not sure what the version # will be.
    Target date for official release is 8/28. Not sure what the version # will be.
    Target date for official release is 9/14. Not sure what the version # will be.
    Target date for official release is 9/28. Not sure what the version # will be.

That way I can never be wrong and will be near the date. lol !!!!

OP your word is worth a floating turd.
    04-02-09 03:17 PM
    These sounds exactly like Verizon rep words, only with a different date, I am going to start a thread just like this but it will read:

Target date for official release is 4/28. Not sure what the version # will be.
    Target date for official release is 5/14. Not sure what the version # will be.
    Target date for official release is 5/28. Not sure what the version # will be.
    Target date for official release is 6/14. Not sure what the version # will be.
    Target date for official release is 6/28. Not sure what the version # will be.
    Target date for official release is 7/14. Not sure what the version # will be.
    Target date for official release is 7/28. Not sure what the version # will be.
    Target date for official release is 8/14. Not sure what the version # will be.
    Target date for official release is 8/28. Not sure what the version # will be.
    Target date for official release is 9/14. Not sure what the version # will be.
    Target date for official release is 9/28. Not sure what the version # will be.

That way I can never be wrong and will be near the date. lol !!!!
    ok now THAT made me laugh
    04-02-09 03:18 PM
    the voices in my head told me the date will be the second tuesday of next week
    04-02-09 03:27 PM
    the voices in my head told me the date will be the second tuesday of next week
    lol !!!!

Even better, " um I heard Verizon will release the new OS when the economy gets better"

lol !!!!!
    04-02-09 03:31 PM
    lol !!!!

Even better, " um I heard Verizon will release the new OS when the economy gets better"

lol !!!!!
    no, no -- I heard that WHEN Verizon releases the new OS the economy will get better
    04-02-09 03:34 PM
    04-02-09 03:36 PM
    i'm guessing it'll be out by the time we're done singing 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 bottles of beer on the wall.everyone,ready.one quintillion bottles of beer on the wall.......
    04-02-09 03:37 PM
    i'm guessing it'll be out by the time we're done singing 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 bottles of beer on the wall.everyone,ready.one quintillion bottles of beer on the wall.......
    i thought that was our National Debt...
    04-02-09 03:39 PM
    screw the singing...lets just drink them!!!!
    no, no -- I heard that WHEN Verizon releases the new OS the economy will get better
    ah yes sorry, with all the ***** posting today, I get lost in my thoughts.
    screw the singing...lets just drink them!!!!
    then we wont care about the national debt or the new OS
    04-02-09 03:44 PM
    either way, the OP edited/deleted his original posting - so there's nothing more to talk about!
    04-02-09 03:54 PM
    Isn't that date the Mayan calendar ends and the world ends. Damn you RIM! LoL. This thread is awesome. LoL.

Now thats funny, like TBS funny. My informant told me that The Update was coming on January 14th, so I keep setting my clock back to January 13th hoping that tomorrow is the day. Until then I'm gonna keep hoping that MY informant is correct...
    04-02-09 03:59 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD