So I had my 9550 replaced under warranty and the OS shows .607.

I thought everything was fine, but one day, I was creating an email that started with "M" and then "Magazines.com" popped up as an email contact.

I then found another email for an ink supplier is in there, too.

I first thought it was my GSync, but first, I don't even know what that is. Second, I don't have those contacts in my Gmail and none of my other Gmail contacts are in there.

I checked my Contacts Options and it only shows "Desktop", which are my work contacts only.

Does anyone know how I can fix/delete this?
    05-22-10 12:56 PM
    i have this...phenomenon...too. i haven't found a fix. The email addresses that auto suggest are not n the BlackBerry address book. i think it may have to do with Google contacts. i haven't tried it yet, but go into your email account on a computer and clear the 'recently used' emails. Maybe that will work. Let me know. i'll try it when i get to a PC.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/ra...ntacts-455261/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-10 03:44 PM
    That my be caused by a third party app such as facebook, there is an option to merge FB addressbook with BB
    05-22-10 03:47 PM
    It's not Facebook, Twitter, Google Sync...because i don't have any of those. i can't think of any 3rd party app that i have that would cause this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-10 03:52 PM
    Wow! i just was rereading the thread that i posted and there IS a solution at the end of the thread! Yay!

Options
    General Options
    Show Recent Contacts When Composing Email: set to NO

Thanks, Notrega!
    05-22-10 03:57 PM
    Awesome for that find! It doesn't show those mysterious contacts anymore.

This is why I love Crackberry...

As happy as I am that those annoying contacts that I've never emailed are gone...are they gone from my BB?

I'm still curious as to where they came from if those addresses are/were never in any of my email contacts and I've never emailed those contacts...
    05-22-10 11:56 PM
    Awesome for that find! It doesn't show those mysterious contacts anymore.

This is why I love Crackberry...

As happy as I am that those annoying contacts that I've never emailed are gone...are they gone from my BB?

I'm still curious as to where they came from if those addresses are/were never in any of my email contacts and I've never emailed those contacts...
    This does not clear this cache out , just hides them, which means that the addresses you want to use will not be shown also. too bad the BB saves all the contact addresses whether or not you want them saved.

so far, the only way I have found to actual delete them is through the backup/restore option in Desktop Manager . click on advanced to load up all the databases. scroll down to "recent contacts" and hit clear. this will , of course, get rid of all of them, not just those crappy spam email addresses.
    05-27-10 05:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD