I'm new to the forums, so forgive me if this question is asked in other places. I couldn't seem to locate when I searched.

My question is this: is there a Storm version of the new CB launcher beta, or is everyone just using the beta and having to deal with the funky port from the trackball BBs?
    05-18-09 09:00 PM
    where did you download the launcher from?
    05-18-09 09:02 PM
    I downloaded it from the new mobile web launcher for the CB site. I used to have the old CB Store Storm app, and it was great. I downloaded the new one thinking it was an update and got screwed over >.<
    05-18-09 09:05 PM
    oh yikes, thats not so much fun. the icon doesnt work properly you are saying?
    05-18-09 09:06 PM
    The issue I'm having is that, due to the beta I downloaded, I lost the ability to the use my ordinary touch-screen functionality to surf the store. The beta responds like an app that came out for the Curve, or the Bold, which is downloaded on the Storm: meaning that I have half the screen of the app, half the screen the keyboard, and I have to move my finger up and down and wait for the highlight to randomly and hopefully land on the area I want it to.

Does that make any sense?
    05-18-09 09:10 PM
    It makes sense, yes.

I would try to delete the app, and go to the site, and download it again, and see if that solves anything for you.
    05-18-09 09:11 PM
    I've tried that multiple times, using multiple links. Didn't work.

Is there a specific link (other than the generic link from the CB mobile site I've tried many times) that might work?
    05-18-09 09:13 PM
    BlackBerry Apps and BlackBerry Themes- Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store

go to that link. on the left you will see an area to input your email address. make sure you use the phone selector above that first, then enter the email and then see if that works for you.

worth a shot for sure!
    05-18-09 09:16 PM
    Worked like a charm and recovered the old Storm version launcher. Thanks for the help!
    05-18-09 09:23 PM
    ah, glad i could help, i even got to learn something new this time!
    05-18-09 09:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD